Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    too bad that combined they have less viewers than Mitchel Jones streaming nonsense. I guess KJ will bring in a bit more people, but would they even crack 10k?
    A lot of people have a skewed perspective of how many viewers you need to make a decent amount of cash.

10k means you're making really good money, 2-3k is still a decent amount of cash.

The only issue is that this obviously tanks really, really hard when progression is over but he's right in the sense that there's a ton of money to be grabbed by top guilds if they were willing to stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I doubt it'll get nerfed. One more week of gear (and 930 from M+ perhaps) could be all they need to kill it assuming they play well and the stars align. I wouldn't be surprised if Avatar was designed to last until the second week.
    Why should a boss that drops 930 gear require 930+ in order to kill?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    A lot of people have a skewed perspective of how many viewers you need to make a decent amount of cash.

10k means you're making really good money, 2-3k is still a decent amount of cash.

The only issue is that this obviously tanks really, really hard when progression is over but he's right in the sense that there's a ton of money to be grabbed by top guilds if they were willing to stream.
    People way overestimate the viability of streaming progression. Making streaming viable (to live off) is almost always about personality/engagement of the viewers. You'll definitely get a bunch of 1-2 time viewers when you stream progression, but that happens every ~6 months. And unless you translate those viewers to repeat viewers/donators it means almost nothing.

Look at people like CherryVodka (Big Dumb Guild DK streamer) and how it has worked out for him.

Cherry initially streamed Nighthold Progression (He was in Alacrity at the time) and he topped out at around 12k viewers on the first day. Second day of progression and he had under 2k viewers. Every day after that he had under 300 viewers and any streams he had outside of progression had sub 50 viewers.

The exact same thing is happening with ToS. Cherry had 5-7k viewers on the first day. Second day, he had under 1k viewers. I would be surprised if Cherry has more than 100-200 viewers the next time he streams progression.

Compare that to someone like Slootbag, who has actually built his viewership on personality/engagement of the stream. Slootbag can stream random garbage (not WoW) and still pull a good 300-500 viewers. Whereas someone like Sco tops out at 300-500 playing the game they're most famous for.

You can live off those 300-500 viewers if they're incredibly loyal donators, but you have maybe 2-3 people in every guild that have the inclination/ability to maintain those viewers. What does everyone else in the guild do?

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    Because Blizzard has to tune bosses around things like warforging/titanforging and legendaries. Two 970 legendaries increase your overall ilvl by ~4. So, 930 ilvl means the rest of your gear is 925-926 which is very achievable given warforging/titanforging.
    Last edited by Emancptr; 2017-07-03 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    no, I'm thinking of final boss
    FinalBoss is Bay from Crisp the enh Shaman. He does daily progression streams and Class Shows on the weekend. Also Bay is ONE guy from America. Not more then 1 and not EU.

Fatboss does the guides and its two EU guys that do the Youtube videos.

Pretty sure you are in fact mistaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    nope I'm thinking of final boss, I'm aware of who Bay is

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    The problem is going to be the energy. You don't wanna risk the maiden not dying before Avatar hits 100 energy or you'll add her health percentage to avatar's health percentage and then you for sure won't be able to kill him in time.

Speaking to some guilds, first phase seems ok, but the problem is that Avatar's HP is so high when he drops down that you'd need 3 additional DPS to even get it down before all of the platform is gone. The only way right now to kill it, is if you 2 heal it and then you are likely not going to make it until phase 2 starts anyway.

They'll probably nerf it soon, doubt they'll nerf him next week though, seems blizzard just wants this boss to be a temporary gate.
    You mean you would need to 2 heal the boss that is visible only from waist up and that grows pair of legs for the last phase?

Sounds familiar...

Beats me. Maybe he should have dropped 935. Also note that our ilvls are wholly inflated by WF/TF, Artifacts and Legendaries. I doubt any but the luckiest high end raiders wouldn't need a drop from Avatar even after two weeks of clearing Mythic, unless they just don't want any piece that drops off him period.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalendil View Post
    It's still between Method/exorsus, and *maybe* one of the Asian guilds (like Alpha). They have proven to be way beyond the competition, the fact that others caught up because there is a huge wall doesn't change that fact.
    Probably that will be the case, however due to the boss being a wall for this long it is well possible that most if not all guilds that have been atleast a day or 2 on Avatar have a working strat and its just a numbers game for them. Depending on if nerfs will happen and depending on how big the nerfs will be you might see a quick string of ill alot of guilds on Avater right after the nerfs should they happen before a kill has been made. Which would basicly "reset" the race and make it a one boss race. Which would still make Method / Exorsus the favorites but might make the race a alot closer than they would like.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    They also promote one another and they're all relatively new. Plenty of people make a decent amount on a few hundred viewers, you don't need thousands. They've only just started this and they're nowhere close to the top in terms of progression.
    People who get more than 300 viewers are not relatively new, most of them have been streaming for years in other guilds, do you seen anyone actually "new" from Future on front page? And in no way you can make a living of few hundred viewers, the only way i can see it happening if it's like a female streamer with a bunch of loyal fans who donate thousands often.

Not to mention that viewer numbers are infalted right now, most of the people there are watching not for personality, but for progression, a lot of them don't even care about streamer(a lot of actually hostile, just go to Naguura's stream when she messes up or master loots), they use it as a big chat for WF race, kinda like this thread - VAST majority don't donate, don't sub and probably don't even follow and they won't come back until next race. And even if Future somehow grows their viewership and we'll see 10 people with 1k+ viewers outside of progression(which won't happen because game just isn't popular enough) there's still 10 more people in the guild who do it for free.
    Last edited by FareweII; 2017-07-03 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    nope I'm thinking of final boss, I'm aware of who Bay is
    So why did you say "GUYS"?

Deleted
    Memento wiped 7.2% before RO.

Deleted
    According to my trusted inside sources Method wiped anywhere between 100 and 0%.

Probably some oversight by the devs? He should honestly drop 935+ or 940+ since he is iconic and difficult.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-07-03 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosfaisan View Post
    According to my trusted inside sources Method wiped anywhere between 100 and 0%.
    Have they at least seen second phase?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aemaet View Post
    My lips are sealed mate

Quote Originally Posted by aemaet View Post
    dps down maiden at any point and you see phase 2.

Nice to know Blizzard completely blew this tier. The top 3 guilds' progress means nothing. Being first early on meant nothing. Kil'Jaeden will fall to whichever guild is lucky with RNG on split raids so that they can simply beat math.

At this point it's any guild 7/9 that can get to the current wipe point who can take 8/9 first and start Kil'Jaeden.

Expansion centered around RNG for everything confirmed. Makes the progression race meaningless and worthless to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Oftenwrongsoong View Post
    Nice to know Blizzard completely blew this tier. The top 3 guilds' progress means nothing. Being first early on meant nothing. Kil'Jaeden will fall to whichever guild is lucky with RNG on split raids so that they can simply beat math.

At this point it's any guild 7/9 that can get to the current wipe point who can take 8/9 first and start Kil'Jaeden.

Expansion centered around RNG for everything confirmed. Makes the progression race meaningless and worthless to follow.
    Depends, if KJ is going to be a 300+ pull boss the best guilds will probably still prevail. i doubt KJ will be a pushover like xavius for the top guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    dps down maiden at any point and you see phase 2.
    It's almost as if you got the joke.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grosfaisan View Post
    Big if true

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting