Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I don't know, but I would absolutely come back if they managed to reinstate some sort of open adventure atmosphere within the game. Realistically, I just want to be a total noob in WoW again. I doubt that is possible at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Short answer.

Long answer: I'm with 'Berry on this one. The last thing we need is immediately rising the stakes after you've dealt a semi-permanent blow against the fucking Burning Legion. After such a massive event there's a visceral need to tone things down, not escalating them to intergalactic battles against the Void.

Let the "Void" being some kind of background and threatening presence for a long while, like the Burning Legion and demons in general have been in the past years and lets focus on something more akin to what Warcraft and WoW used to be. Otherwise this game would simply attempt to reach asap the destination linked above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Ion did say in a recent interview that the small time days of adventuring are essentially now behind us and seemed to support the idea that things will not de-escalate at least in terms of epic heroics and RP perception of our characters... kinda sucks.
    Well, fuck. Back to the search of another cozy mmorpg then. I mean, lots of fantasy settings got those multi-dimensiona, gigantic beings whose wishes can end galaxies, but the characters never aknowledge those things. It's like worrying about the Sun's colapse constantly. The proportions don't fit well with eachother.

I've always considered the Void from starcraft being like WoW's Burning Legion. They're strong, but...they can only do things on a Planetary/Galactic Scale.

Here, The Void in Warcraft feels like a Multiversal scale. These are the same guys that piss Sargeras to sleep at night. These are the same beings capable of creating the Old Gods, which are virus's used to create a Void Titan (AKA, A Dark Titan). These are the same beings that are Envious to the Titans, not because of their sheer strength, but because of their Power over the third Dimension, since the Void lords exist in a another dimension beyond ours....

Usually, the 4th Dimension would be jelly of badass beings in the third dimension, cause...they hold sway over the Third dimension, not because the 4th dimensional guys are weak....

If anything, I consider the Void Lords stronger than the Titans, but...that's just me.

- - - Updated - - -

OT: As to the question...idk tbh...

I just want to destroy Argus, handle our Black empire shit on Azeroth, come back, fight some Void threats, fight and defeat Sargeras, then aim for The Void Lords themselves ages later....

Think of this like DBZ, where we face even stronger opponents each time, while we also get stronger by the minute....sounds really cool.

Off topic (AGAIN): If I were to rank the Villians of each Blizzard Universe, here would be my rank from weakest, to strongest (AKA, Top to Bottom).

4. The Overwatch PVP shit-heads that gank me every 5 minutes, each round. :'(

3. The Diablo Villains.

2. Starcrafts Xel'naga/Amon. (Really close, but...I kind of forgot this 1 fact. The villains in WOW actually won in their battles, and are just NOW losing. Here, it's like a million year war, for some unknown reason. Just kill the fucking Planet eater, already. It's not too fucking hard, not with your tech...at least).

1. Warcraft's Void Lords, as well as Sargeras himself. (The Burning Legion would be Starcraft tier. However, that doesn't include Sargeras, since I find him stronger).

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I want to know how the faction war continues now that the draenei have a freaking space ship with shields and laser beams and deployable bunkers.
    guessing same reasoning why the legion hasn't roflstomped us already with their magical space ship armada , plot shield op.

is there even a way to ever actually fight the void lords? i mean, we enter the void, we'll likely instantly go insane. even if we don't and the void lords die, they're clearly a fundamental part of reality and will eventually be reborn in some way.

the lords can't come to our universe, azeroth is the last titan and she's not going to become corrupt.

it only really make sense for them to be background threats. small fights here and there, strong things rising to fight us. super strong aliens from other worlds that get uppity, remnants of the legion in the form of escaped man'ari or dreadlords.

like, the boss doesn't need to be more powerful than us in lore to be a boss of a raid in the game. look at varimathras in the 7.3 raid, he's not even as strong as the class leaders 1v1. he'll be a piss ant that we step on between other bosses in lore. but he's going to be a raid boss, cause that's just how it works.

All we know is that dragons may be involved in the next expansion, namely Chromie and all that. Ion gave a hint about it in the recent interview. So maybe some time shenanigans are involved, and void and Lich king stuff that was also in the scenario. We have broad ideas about what can happen, but it could go in lots of directions. Very excited to see what's next tbh, but still stoked for Argus and beyond, as i doubt it's the last patch of Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    All we know is that dragons may be involved in the next expansion, namely Chromie and all that. Ion gave a hint about it in the recent interview. So maybe some time shenanigans are involved, and void and Lich king stuff that was also in the scenario. We have broad ideas about what can happen, but it could go in lots of directions. Very excited to see what's next tbh, but still stoked for Argus and beyond, as i doubt it's the last patch of Legion.
    I would not put much stock in this. Dragons already have their hands in everything. He said the Chromie scenario is evergreen content that isn't related to anything. It may have implications but I doubt for instance we are having a "dragon" expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly hope we don't fight the void, to me the void seems like some necessary force in the warcraft universe that can't be destroyed. A shadow priest casts shadow spells with void energy and a holy priest casts using light energy, their basically fundamental opposites and 'destroying' them seems counter-intuitive. And lets just say, they want to pigeon hole us into this and that it comes down to the fact that if we don't fight these void lords then we perish and die; I think we should not be directly fighting these void entities, rather something created by them. Like some sort of <Insert new race here> enslaved by the void lords for hundreds of years.

But otherwise I don't want to go anywhere near that crap and I really pray we don't have to.

Artwork created by Yochi
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I personally find watching game streamers to be the lowest, saddest form of loneliness.

Deleted
    Well since Ion said that dragons are going to become very important at lvl 112, I'm curious what you guys connect that to, seeing as my own knowledge of lore is nigh inexistant.

Deleted
    Faction war!

I got all the human, draenei and Night elf interact i can handle this exp pack.
    For the next 10 years i rather kill them then ever talk to any of these races again.

Quote Originally Posted by iebe View Post
    Well since Ion said that dragons are going to become very important at lvl 112, I'm curious what you guys connect that to, seeing as my own knowledge of lore is nigh inexistant.
    Dragons play some part in almost every expansion, so I don't see that as very eye opening. Legion has the Ysera story (#uglycrying) and revealed Ebonhorn. Maybe the infinite dragonflight rears its head or Wrathion makes a proper return. I don't personally expect a dragon focus like cata had.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Faction war!

I got all the human, draenei and Night elf interact i can handle this exp pack.
    For the next 10 years i rather kill them then ever talk to any of these races again.
    They're gonna have to really powder keg it this time. Not this greymane sylvanas schlock we've gotten from Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    is there even a way to ever actually fight the void lords? i mean, we enter the void, we'll likely instantly go insane. even if we don't and the void lords die, they're clearly a fundamental part of reality and will eventually be reborn in some way.

the lords can't come to our universe, azeroth is the last titan and she's not going to become corrupt.

it only really make sense for them to be background threats. small fights here and there, strong things rising to fight us. super strong aliens from other worlds that get uppity, remnants of the legion in the form of escaped man'ari or dreadlords.

like, the boss doesn't need to be more powerful than us in lore to be a boss of a raid in the game. look at varimathras in the 7.3 raid, he's not even as strong as the class leaders 1v1. he'll be a piss ant that we step on between other bosses in lore. but he's going to be a raid boss, cause that's just how it works.
    The last paragraph kind of answers that question lol. They're gonna do whatever they want, kinda like running over the lore with a lawn mower and we get whatever twistes bits come out. In the same way we fight old gods and titan avatars we will fight vestiges and followers of void lords on Azeroth and elsewhere (K'aresh, for example). I imagine we will do so on Azeroth first though before the whole Army of Light story goes full scifi interstellar utopia meme.