Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Blizzard, with their last interview, admitted that what you get actually matters too. They were talking about how in Legion, with Mythic +, dungeons are still being run. That's because there is a reward; an incentive, some might actually call it prestige, associated with the ilvl that comes along with that gear. Take away that reward and guess what? No one will do the content.
    Some might call a reward prestige but I'm not sure I think it's a lot of people. Rewards are rewards. Prestige is something that is awarded from one person to another as a sign of respect. In fact, you can't just assume you're a prestigious person based on your own opinion. Well, you can but that doesn't mean that others do. And it doesn't mean that you are.

That's one of the things that's fundamentally wrong with the whole discussion: that pixels by themselves grant prestige.

SP's idea bout LFR prestige as one example; that's not going to happen. "Widespread respect and admiration" which is a decent definition of the word isn't going to collect around that. If respect and admiration for top-level raiders based on what they were wearing was ever a thing, it's probably not now. There's a lot of reasons for that, not least of which is that about 80% of the player population doesn't raid seriously and likely don't care one way or another even if they bother to look at you. Nor would they even much know the difference between heroic and mythic gear. Raiders would, sure. But that's more or less a closed community. And that's actually how prestige works in the real world too.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-07-04 at 12:07 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So the unique....

Mythic Only Mounts
    Mythic Only Gear
    Mythic Only Titles
    Mythic Only Boss Phases/Lore

Isn't good enough? If its not then maybe you are playing the wrong game because that's a fuck ton of exclusive/unique things you could get. That is also just what is Unique to PvE raiding. There is also exclusive PvE mythic+ stuff and also exclusive High End Pvp stuff.
    But thats only prestige for the top 1%, we need prestige for everyone @Jtbrig7390

Here is my example of prestige for everyone: (its a nice read, plz watch )
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-New-Tier-Sets

Basically LFR has his own legendary sets. And everyone would want legendary sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Remember when T2 looked like balls dipped in fire? Oh the days of Judgement being an ugly set.
    Judgment was never considered an ugly set.. In vanilla people would switch to paladins for that set. It is EASILY in the top 5 sets ever made if not top 3. Dreadnought will always be number 1

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Exactly, you are saying prestige is only on Mythic raiding. THATS BAD.

There should be prestige even in LFR, Prestige to all levels.

This is my idea:
    That word doesn't mean what you think it means.
    Beta Club Brosquad

I hate to be the guy to tell you (actually I don't; I love shattering peoples delusions) but no one's ever looked up to anyone in WoW. No newbie has ever ran past a raider in Org or SW and said, with a hushed whisper and great dewey eyes, "I want to be like Critmypants". It doesn't happen, because people don't give a damn what you do or that you one-shotted a mythic raid. It has nothing at all to do with them, so they don't care. They may think "Oh, cool armor/mount" as they pass you but thats it.

This prestige/NOTICE ME SENPAI stuff is honestly just people looking for validation for how they spend their time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    I hate to be the guy to tell you (actually I don't; I love shattering peoples delusions) but no one's ever looked up to anyone in WoW.
    No newbie has ever ran past a raider in Org or SW and said, with a hushed whisper and great dewey eyes, "I want to be like Critmypants".
    That's exactly what happened and im not kidding
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-04 at 12:58 AM.

But thats only prestige for the top 1%, we need prestige for everyone @Jtbrig7390

Here is my example of prestige for everyone: (its a nice read, plz watch )

Basically LFR has his own legendary sets. And everyone would want legendary sets.
    Then it isn't prestigious if everyone can obtain it and achieve the same status. So congratulations you literally just poked a huge hole in your own argument.

Thread is pretty much over from this point.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-04 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Judgment was never considered an ugly set.. In vanilla people would switch to paladins for that set. It is EASILY in the top 5 sets ever made if not top 3. Dreadnought will always be number 1
    Except as an actual set, like, to wear while playing your class, Judgement was trash. It had both intellect/spirit/+healing and strength, and the set bonuses were a combination of ret and holy.
    Beta Club Brosquad

That's exactly what happened and im not kidding
    Don't speak for an entire community please.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Then it isn't prestigious if everyone can obtain it and achieve the same status. So congratulations you literally just flawed your own argument.

Thread is pretty much over from this point.
    Everyone obtains different armor from eachother. So everyone wants to be eachother

For example, imagine you are a normal raider...u are going to get the Normal legendary tier set. BUT WHAT IF you enjoy the look of the LFR version (diferent spells and diferent animations), you will have to farm LFR.

Everyone obtains different armor from eachother. So everyone wants to be eachother

For example, imagine you are a normal raider...u are going to get the Normal legendary tier set. BUT WHAT IF you enjoy the look of the LFR version (diferent spells and diferent animations), you will have to farm LFR.
    That's not what prestige means.
    Beta Club Brosquad

And again you literally flawed your own argument by saying prestige should be for everyone. Congratulations you ironically burned your own bridge here and essentially ended your own thread.

And if there was a Normal "legendary tier" then even Mythic and Heroic raiders would be farming it as well as their respective sets. So congratulations no prestige there again.

You want an example of prestige? Black Qiraji Battle Tank. Because there was a 10 hour time limit on players being able to obtain it the moment the gates opened. No server since Saurfang EU has had the gates closed.

Another example of gear prestige? Vanilla Class Quests. You rarely see people with those weapons nowadays. Good luck mogging to them today when the quests are removed. And let's not forget Atiesh.

Pre 1.3 epic mounts. Ivory Raptor was removed 5 months after launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    That's not what prestige means.
    I think it's safe to say trying to explain it to the OP is a waste of time. They seem to have made up their mind on what prestige is and even thrown some hits in at transmog.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-04 at 01:15 AM.

pres·tige
    preˈstēZH,preˈstēj/Submit
    noun
    widespread respect and admiration felt for someone or something on the basis of a perception of their achievements or quality.
    "he experienced a tremendous increase in prestige following his victory"
    If everyone can get something then it can't have prestige....

What you want is already in the game, There is sets of gear that only look the LFR way.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If everyone can get something then it can't have prestige....

What you want is already in the game, There is sets of gear that only look the LFR way.
    there are different levels of prestige

Yes and all still fall under the same definition, What you want is already in the game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

But not different definitions.

If I can obtain something 99% of the playerbase has then it ain't prestigious.

I'd advise you read my examples for some actual prestige. Anybody could get those things listed at the time.

And if you really think prestige doesn't exist for everyone today then you must be playing a different game.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-04 at 01:19 AM.

No there aren't.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    But not different definitions.

If I can obtain something 99% of the playerbase has then it ain't prestigious.

I'd advise you read my examples for some actual prestige. Anybody could get those things listed at the time.

And if you really think prestige doesn't exist for everyone today then you must be playing a different game.
    If the requisites are met, you get the gear. LFR would have to do quests, achievements and gathering. Its a lot of effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, you have been watching this thread all week-end long, being told time and again "I don't agree, here is why:" -- with varying degrees of arguments on their side, ranging from "trite" to "convincing" -- and you have stood here basically putting your fingers in your ears saying, "nah nah nah, muh prestige, nah nah nah not listening".

You've had over 200 replies in this thread and fully half of them is people saying "you don't speak for me", and "what the fuck is this 'we' shit?"

You presented your idea, it was assessed by many different people, and you got your feedback; your idea stinks.

What the fuck do you want, dude? An echo chamber to validate your ideas? I think you've come to the wrong place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Dude, you have been watching this thread all week-end long, being told time and again "I don't agree, here is why:" -- with varying degrees of arguments on their side, ranging from "trite" to "convincing" -- and you have stood here basically putting your fingers in your ears saying, "nah nah nah, muh prestige, nah nah nah not listening".

You've had over 200 replies in this thread and fully half of them is people saying "you don't speak for me", and "what the fuck is this 'we' shit?"

You presented your idea, it was assessed by many different people, and you got your feedback; your idea stinks.

What the fuck do you want, dude? An echo chamber to validate your ideas? I think you've come to the wrong place.
    You have the wrong idea. I only want the best for world of warcraft. The game i love.