Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

North Korea fires missile towards Japanese waters, officials say

North Korea fires missile towards Japanese waters, officials say

North Korea has fired a ballistic missile from its western region, say Japanese and South Korean authorities.
    It was launched at 09:40 local time (00:40 GMT), from Banghyon in North Pyongan Province, reported Yonhap news agency citing South Korea's military.
    Tokyo said the missile may have landed in Japan's exclusive economic zone in the Sea of Japan.
    North Korea has increased the frequency of its nuclear and missile tests in recent months raising tensions.
    Tuesday's missile travelled about 930km (578 miles) and flew for about 40 minutes, according to South Korean and Japanese authorities.

This is the 11th detected missile launch this year, but its range seems much greater, says the BBC's Stephen Evans in Seoul.
    North Korea last test-launched missiles in May. It fired projectiles on two separate occasions, both towards the Sea of Japan.

Japan's chief cabinet secretary Yoshihide Suga told reporters: "North Korea's repeated provocations like this are absolutely unacceptable. We lodged a strong protest and condemned it."
    South Korea's recently-elected President Moon Jae-in has called for an emergency meeting of the country's security council.
    Mr Moon also met with Mr Trump last week, with the US leader warning Pyongyang of a "determined response".
    The launch comes a day after US President Donald Trump spoke on the phone separately with Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and China's President Xi Jinping about North Korea.
    The leaders reaffirmed their commitment to a denuclearised Korean Peninsula.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40489750

they are getting closer to hit japan

15+ Year Old Account
    If they touch japan I'm killing kim myself.

I wonder what happens if they finally hit land somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    All hell breaks loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    If they touch japan I'm killing kim myself.
    The end of Anime is near !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    They'll get crushed by China, USA, and Japan so fast.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    They literally do this every year. Same shit, nothing new...

The question is how they suddenly got better at building their bootleg fireworks on a min wage salary?

And this is what? The 2nd? 3rd? Test since Donnie threated NK with an ultimatum. I might have to start calling that guy a liar.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2017-07-04 at 03:16 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    They literally do this every year. Same shit, nothing new...

The question is how they suddenly got better at building their bootleg fireworks on a min wage salary?

And this is what? The 2nd? 3rd? Test since Donnie threated NK with an ultimatum. I might have to start calling that guy a liar.
    Donald Trump a liar? Surely you jest, my friend! God-Emperor Trump tells only the absolute truth. It's the best truth out there!

They're just 1 step closer towards killing themselves now, are they?

I know the US is working on an anti-missile shield but I would be surprised if Japan isn't working on one too. It doesn't have to be 100% perfect in stopping missiles, just 10-20% enough to make them uncertain of an attack's success.

We have a gun pointed at North Korea's head, if their missiles fail Kim Jung-un is dead or captured and put on trial.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

If it wasnt for the threat of nuclear war i would love it if NATO would steamroll NK and drag that fat fuck to a firing squad!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Happy 4th of July.

Kim was just trying to participate?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    they are getting closer to hit japan
    Japan? There was a news story a couple months ago saying North Korea was close to hitting the USA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    The end of Anime is near !
    On one hand, war is terrible.

...On the other, this might be a benefit to all...

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I know the US is working on an anti-missile shield but I would be surprised if Japan isn't working on one too. It doesn't have to be 100% perfect in stopping missiles, just 10-20% enough to make them uncertain of an attack's success.

We have a gun pointed at North Korea's head, if their missiles fail Kim Jung-un is dead or captured and put on trial.
    How do we stop him from raining destruction on Seoul? Doesn't NK have a lot of artillery and a lot of chemical and biological weapons that could easily hit Seoul? And we have like 200k US civilians and 25k US military there, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    How do we stop him from raining destruction on Seoul? Doesn't NK have a lot of artillery and a lot of chemical and biological weapons that could easily hit Seoul? And we have like 200k US civilians and 25k US military there, right?
    If he attacks we're going to retaliate.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Yea, I gotcha. I was just pointing out that I don't think a war on the Korean peninsula would really turn out good for anyone. Not putting words in your mouth, I know that's not what you were saying.

So the people in here are saying "if they hit Japan..." I mean, I assumed they were purposely dropping the rockets in the ocean because they aren't trying to actually hit land anywhere? Surely they haven't been trying to hit Japan this whole time. Sure, they have some failures, but there's been more than a few that (as far as I remember) made it to the same general area?

After-all, why would they be trying to hit Japan when they can clearly make it to all of SK? In other words, I'm reading between the lines sure, but I'm reading these responses as 'they know they'd be obliterated if they hit SK, so instead they choose Japan'.

Thing is why does he do this?

After all he can live in absolute luxury while his hapless slaves starve and they will never know any better cause he controls everything so why does he have a deathwish like this? You really think anyone really cares for that shithole to ever invade it? Yet he continues to poke at the sleeping giant but for what gain?

I just hope if it really does hit the fan and we finally take him down we dont go soft on him and put him in a cushy UN jail with wifi and access to the playboy channel but we put him in the fucking electric chair!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Even Fat Boy knows that. The issue is the thousands of S. Koreans (and potentially Japanese) civilians that he is pretty much holding hostage. The NK military is pathetic but they have solid deterrents in place. Nobody wants to be the one to sacrifice those civilians and start a massive humanitarian crisis.

Resident Cosplay Progressive