10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

Nordic Games Reveal 'Eclectic' New Open-World RPG ELEX

Oh god plz dont suck

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/...8c9b4960000010

Nordic Games has announced an all-new, open-world RPG called ELEX.

Developer Piranha Bytes describes the new game - which is slated for release sometime in late 2016/early 2017 - as an "eclectic, lavish, exhilarating, xenial open-world RPG, [...] by far the most ambitious project for Piranha Bytes and Nordic Games to date."

“ELEX is going to be edgy, dark, uncompromising, [and] complex," claims Reinhard Pollice, business & product development director at Nordic Games.

“It is great to know, that we will have ample creative freedom with ELEX, which is a very important factor for us,” added Piranha Bytes' game director, Björn Pankratz. "We can't wait to show you a completely new game experience with a fresh setting, new assets and plenty of possibilities."

ELEX will be coming to PC and "current gen console platforms". Visitors to Gamescom will be able to see a "vertical slice build" later this year.

Nordic Games recently acquired publishing rights to the historical shooter Men of Valor from 2015 Games, and also bought the rights to Darksiders, Red Faction, MX vs. ATV and more from THQ for $4.9 million USD in 2013.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

What is an Elex? Can I eat it? Can I stab it with a spear and wear its coat when it is cold out?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having Björn Pankratz on the project is a good start, Gothic 2 & 3 are truly fantastic games in my opinion so the more people they can pull from those the better. Try and keep the Gothic 4 staff to a minimum though.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

The Gothic games might be my favourite RPGs from all times. I'd like to see how this develops.

[Megathread] ELEX (Open-World Science fiction RPG)

Just learned of this game tonight and I must say I'm highly interested.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

i'm getting a fallout 4 vibe from this.

(not that it's a bad thing- i enjoy that game very much.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fibby76 View Post
    i'm getting a fallout 4 vibe from this.

(not that it's a bad thing- i enjoy that game very much.)
    I got a Mass Effect,Fallout 4,Skyrim mix vibe from it. Highly interested in it

More SciFi games that come out the better.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

The animations and movement look horrible, and does not look the the gameplay is smooth at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    The animations and movement look horrible, and does not look the the gameplay is smooth at all.
    I think the animation's looked ok, I have seen worse/better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I think the animation's looked ok, I have seen worse/better.
    You are easily impressed if you think the animations look ok. Look at the animations when casting spells. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    You are easily impressed if you think the animations look ok. Look at the animations when casting spells. lol
    I watched the same trailer as you, Different opinions and all that.

I have seen much worse and much better, to me they are ok. Even more so for a AA game.

I just hate the music in the start of the trailer

Sounds like some dude breathing into the mic
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    The animations aren't great but that doesn't really bother me considering who is making it. The animations in Gothic were poor but they aren't what made the games phenomenal, though we've also yet to see the aspects of gameplay in this that did.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

They are clearly over exaggerating how good the game is. They use countless adjectives but haven't said anything about game play or the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    These guys made Risen and Gothic, right? Might be worth a try once it's on discount.