Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Spoilers] Is Sargeras playing us like the Lich King did? (theory about Legion's end)

Hello friends ¡¡ After the recent interview to Ion Hazzikostas, I think that it's safe to say that patch 7.3 will be the last big patch for Legion, and so, Antorus, the Burning Throne, will be the last raid. And, in a Legion focused expansion, we haven't seen Sargeras at all... we assume that the voice which with Kil'Jaeden talks in patch 7.2 cinematic is his voice, and I really think that it is, but the fact is that we don't even know if that is certain.

But let's focus on the topic ¡¡ As you already know if you played WOTLK, The Lich King was testing us all the time to see if we were worthy of being his servants in death. The moment he approved our strenght, he killed us, we were never close to defeat him, he was beyond our power, and only Tirion's miracle saved us.

And I think that this is exactly what is happening with Sargeras, so I figured out how the final cinematic of Antorus, the Burning Throne, will be, after we defeat whoever the final boss it is (not Sargeras obviously), with the help of Khadgar, Velen, Maiev, Illidan and the Titans in their new form:

- Khadgar: We have conquered Argus ¡ Well done champions ¡ We have prove today, that together, we can face any threat, even Sarger...

Multiple portals opens, pouring with demons, some of them are races that we already know, some are new races, and the camera focus in a bigger portal, and an Avatar of Sargeras steps right in front of us.

- Khadgar (scared): He is... champions ¡ Attack ¡¡

The Avatar of Sargeras paralyzes everybody with ease.

- Sargeras: Well done indeed, champions (mocking us)

You see, Kil' Jaeden was losing the sight of things, he wasn't willing to sacrifice everything in the war to come, but you know much about sacrifice, don't you, Illidan? You have developed the potential that I saw in you when we met, now you're ready, ready to take Kil' Jaeden's place as Commander of the Burning Legion.

- Illidan: I will never serve you ¡¡

- Sargeras: But you will, night elf. You surely have feel it, don't you? The Void... is coming, growing stronger by the minute, it's a war that not even I, with my infinite army, know if I will be able to overcome

Illidan is freed from Sargeras powers, slowly, he walks to Sargeras.

- Champion's of Azeroth: Illidan, no ¡ Betrayer ¡

- Illidan: This... is my destiny

- Sargeras: It is our destiny, indeed. Champions of Azeroth ¡ Don't be afraid (mocking us)

I'm no longer interested in The Titan that your planet hosts, because I learned that she will never be. Azeroth cataclysms and the influence of The Void was too much for her. She's not dead, but she will never be alive. How do you think that you're so powerful? You're sucking her essence, you're borrowing the power of the Titans... MY power¡¡¡

You have one final test, this war is nothing compared with the remaining Void influence that your planet has. Cleanse it ¡¡ And you will be worthy to serve in my army. Fail, and I will destroy your planet personally, reject my offer, and your planet will burn ¡¡

Take the pathetic new forms that my... brothers have adapted
    (camera shows our new allies, the Pantheon)

They will help you.

That will be all, good luck, champions
    (mocking us)

Sargeras walks with Illidan to the portal. Illidan looks back one time before stepping into it. All the demons enter the portals, which disappeared, and we all left alone, victorious, and yet defeated...
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2017-07-04 at 08:56 AM.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    According to recent statistics of theories' posts, you are being banned in 3... 2... 1...

You could say he is playing us like a certain bowed string musical instrument?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You could say he is playing us like a certain bowed string musical instrument?
    You mean he plays us like a damn banjo ?

OT: Will his plan fail horribly just as LKs did ?

Nah, leaving Azeroth alone is too much of a risk to Sargeras. It is unlikely that she will ever wake up, but if she, the most powerful World Soul, were to be corrupted by Void (infestation which as already very present on the planet) and wake up, it would mean the of Sargeras and everything else in the universe.

Twisted as his methods are, Sargeras' motive is still to save the universe from the Void.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    OT: Will his plan fail horribly just as LKs did ?
    The idea is than in the distant future we find a way to confront him while serving him, maybe the knowledge of the Pantheon will assist us...

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    The idea is than in the distant future we find a way to confront him while serving him, maybe the knowledge of the Pantheon will assist us...
    So.....his plan fails horribly "How could this happen to me" style ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Nah, leaving Azeroth alone is too much of a risk to Sargeras. It is unlikely that she will ever wake up, but if she, the most powerful World Soul, were to be corrupted by Void (infestation which as already very present on the planet) and wake up, it would mean the of Sargeras and everything else in the universe.

Twisted as his methods are, Sargeras' motive is still to save the universe from the Void.
    And thats why we, empowered by the essence of the most powerful Titan, are very valuable to him. In my idea of the final cinematic Sargeras is close enough to us in the cosmos to destroy our planet, so he's just testing us, but he has the situation under control just in case something goes wrong.

Sargeras has always tried to recruit the most powerful races to his army, and we have showed him that we are one of those races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    So.....his plan fails horribly "How could this happen to me" style ?
    I see it more like a necessary alliance situation. Eventually we will learn that Sargeras is right and that the Void is way more dangerous than the Legion, so we have to serve him, not willingly, but we have to do it. And while we fight the Void across the cosmos, we try to find a way to free us of his influence.

And yeah, I mean, how can we defeat Sargeras if not by deceiving him? By brute force we don't have a chance.

Hello friends ¡¡ After the recent interview to Ion Hazzikostas, I think that it's safe to say that patch 7.3 will be the last big patch for Legion, and so, Antorus, the Burning Throne, will be the last raid. And, in a Legion focused expansion, we haven't seen Sargeras at all... we assume that the voice which with Kil'Jaeden talks in patch 7.2 cinematic is his voice, and I really think that it is, but the fact is that we don't even know if that is certain.

But let's focus on the topic ¡¡ As you already know if you played WOTLK, The Lich King was testing us all the time to see if we were worthy of being his servants in death. The moment he approved our strenght, he killed us, we were never close to defeat him, he was beyond our power, and only Tirion's miracle saved us.

And I think that this is exactly what is happening with Sargeras, so I figured out how the final cinematic of Antorus, the Burning Throne, will be, after we defeat whoever the final boss it is (not Sargeras obviously), with the help of Khadgar, Velen, Maiev, Illidan and the Titans in their new form:

- Khadgar: We have conquered Argus ¡ Well done champions ¡ We have prove today, that together, we can face any threat, even Sarger...

Multiple portals opens, pouring with demons, some of them are races that we already know, some are new races, and the camera focus in a bigger portal, and an Avatar of Sargeras steps right in front of us.

- Khadgar (scared): He is... champions ¡ Attack ¡¡

The Avatar of Sargeras paralyzes everybody with ease.

- Sargeras: Well done indeed, champions (mocking us)

You see, Kil' Jaeden was losing the sight of things, he wasn't willing to sacrifice everything in the war to come, but you know much about sacrifice, don't you, Illidan? You have developed the potential that I saw in you when we met, now you're ready, ready to take Kil' Jaeden's place as Commander of the Burning Legion.

- Illidan: I will never serve you ¡¡

- Sargeras: But you will, night elf. You surely have feel it, don't you? The Void... is coming, growing stronger by the minute, it's a war that not even I, with my infinite army, know if I will be able to overcome

Illidan is freed from Sargeras powers, slowly, he walks to Sargeras.

- Champion's of Azeroth: Illidan, no ¡ Betrayer ¡

- Illidan: This... is my destiny

- Sargeras: It is our destiny, indeed. Champions of Azeroth ¡ Don't be afraid (mocking us)

I'm no longer interested in The Titan that your planet hosts, because I learned that she will never be. Azeroth cataclysms and the influence of The Void was too much for her. She's not dead, but she will never be alive. How do you think that you're so powerful? You're sucking her essence, you're borrowing the power of the Titans... MY power¡¡¡

You have one final test, this war is nothing compared with the remaining Void influence that your planet has. Cleanse it ¡¡ And you will be worthy to serve in my army. Fail, and I will destroy your planet personally, reject my offer, and your planet will burn ¡¡

Take the pathetic new forms that my... brothers have adapted
    (camera shows our new allies, the Pantheon)

They will help you.

That will be all, good luck, champions
    (mocking us)

Sargeras walks with Illidan to the portal. Illidan looks back one time before stepping into it. All the demons enter the portals, which disappeared, and we all left alone, victorious, and yet defeated...
    I like the idea, in fact I think that we won't fight him but we'll have a talk with Sargeras. There was an audiofile of Sargeras telling us that we were fools to stop his plan, because we couldn't see the bigger threat. And that's still the case, we're focusing on the legion instead of the Void.

And yeah, I mean, how can we defeat Sargeras if not by deceiving him? By brute force we don't have a chance.
    Considering they put models for every titan into the game in 7.3, it will probably a Dragon Soul kind of situation, with the titans combining their power to defeat him along with the players who will probably be infused with some kind of titanic power during the fight (and maybe the power of their artifacts, which would also be a way of explaining why we shelve them).
    Last edited by Sangris; 2017-07-04 at 11:23 AM.

Deleted
    Sargeras is all about world destroying obsession so not gonna happen.

I'm pretty sure I don't want Sargeras' fiery tongue anywhere near me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

I liked most of your idea but the part about Illidan its too cheesy and cliche for him to be Betrayer again and join sargeras...also Illidan have a hard on for killing demon lets say w/e u said but the moment Sargeras show up Illidan with all his power break the paralyze spell and try to attack sargeras personally and to show how strong Sargeras actually is he kill Illidan with ease.

It isn't.... his motive is "If we can't have it, nobody can" He's destroyed countless other worlds that the void was not interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    It isn't.... his motive is "If we can't have it, nobody can" He's destroyed countless other worlds that the void was not interested in.
    Void Lords don't know what worlds have World Souls. Even Titans need to be close (relatively speaking) to detect them. But the Void Lords want to create Void Corrupted Titan as their pawn, so they'll seed Old Gods on every world in hopes to find one with World Soul. Thus, to stop the Void from spreading, Sargeras needs to destroy every world.

Void Lords don't know what worlds have World Souls. Even Titans need to be close (relatively speaking) to detect them. But the Void Lords want to create Void Corrupted Titan as their pawn, so they'll seed Old Gods on every world in hopes to find one with World Soul. Thus, to stop the Void from spreading, Sargeras needs to destroy every world.
    Old gods on a world with no world soul mean nothing. My point stands regardless. Nothing about what he is doing is right or noble. It is "If we can't have it nobody can".

I didnt like bringing Illidan back, it felt too gimmicky. Im not sure if this was always the plan for the story, to me it didnt feel like it. Still, I dont think that Illidan should be fully trusted. He is the Betrayer and there is no guarantee that he wont screw us over again.

Legion has been following the WotLK model. Illidan is like LK. Hero class with DHs. Burning throne?? Lol. really... I mean why not end it the same/similar?

10+ Year Old Account
    I see the plausiblilty in it, and I do like the concept. It does seem that Legion is really about showing that while the Burning Legion is forceful, the forcefulness is all the Champions of Azeroth have been focussing on. Well, that and the Draenei's vendetta against them. But, what the champions are not seeing yet (prior to 7.3) is that Sargeras' plan is one of necessity in order to thwart the truly devastating threat of the Void.

Also, I'm on board with the depiction of Illidan here. The way that I read his entryway into the portal with Sargeras was as if he was glancing back at the champions as if to say, "don't worry, I always have a plan."

Sargeras is probably a hidden boss. Once Argus is defeated, he shows up but drops no loot and is undefeatable.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The only thing I agree with is the whole Azeroth never waking up thing. For a while now, I've seriously considered the idea that the slow seepage of power from the Titan into ecology of Azeroth might be transferring power from one to the other. Our strength (and Azeroth's weakness) might mean that we have to be the ones who do the fighting. (maybe not all of it, just most of it)