Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    See: background noise
    This is the reason i use twitch, for me it replaced having a radio on while doing other stuff.

I do not *watch* streamers that have annoying sub sounds or that run ads every 10 mins or have a too high focus on donations but i do understand that they need to make a living ( if they stream full time) so them selling a T-shirt or having a deal with amazon is just fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    I've been on Twitch since about 2012 because I always found it interesting watching other gamers streaming my favorite games. Now, it seems like Twitch is all but a cash grab for these people. Seems like every time I checkout a new stream, you have the typical shit on the screen. Usually it's a donation goal, followed by something they're selling. It's either a shirt or a hoody or some other shit no one wants followed by some kind of affiliate link on their stream. It really is a turn off. What ever happened to streaming for the fun of it? Has something changed?
    Oh no. someone tries to make a living off of streaming.

Why don't you go into work and stay there for 8 hours a day without asking for a paycheck, why wont you do it just for the fun of it?

Deleted
    Grubby is the only streamer that I find bearable to watch, seems a lot more laid back than others and is good at interacting with the audience without acting like a hyper 14 yr old

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    Curious, what has JoshOG done that's scammy? Watched him a bit in the past, and he seemed legit
    He owned a part of the whole CSGO lotto shit and drew skins from the lotto bank itself. He did the same exact thing as Tmartn and Syndicate did.
    However, JoshOG is still the only guy to this date that keeps lying about his involvement in it, the others have come clean but this guy
    and when some guy asked him about it in Overwatch, this is how he reacted:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/StylishCrepu...aDoubleRainbow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Streaming is just wasting time.
    Not more or less than any other form of passive entertainment. Spending 1h watching Netflix vs. 1h of watching Twitch? I don't see the difference.

I only watch Asmongold occasionally. I don't watch any TV at all, Twitch took over the little time I do spend on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If you don't see the difference you might want to get your eyes checked.
    Explain it to me then. Your 19.091 posts in 5.5 years on a gaming forum are probably a fruitful endeavor.

Never mind, I don't need advise from lonely basement dwelling virgins.

I don't even mind the adds and stuff on the screen what bothered me and made me stop watching twitch streams was pop up donations. I had some jackass spoil uncharted 4 for me before the game even came out.

What ever happened to streaming for the fun of it? Has something changed?
    Streaming for 20-40+ hours a week purely as a hobby is not realistic or sustainable. Calling it a cash grab is a bit silly, the vast majority are not exactly making big bucks, they're just doing what they need to do to have a sustainable income.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Tons of people stream for fun. You won't find them on the main page or high in the search results because they don't have a lot of viewers.
    Yes but i would bet most of them would love to sell out bigtime and be a professional streamer, they are just not popular enough.
    And even among the small ones from what i see most of them have those shitty bit glass animations running.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Grubby is the only streamer that I find bearable to watch, seems a lot more laid back than others and is good at interacting with the audience without acting like a hyper 14 yr old
    I agree. Grubby seems to be a really nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Didn't know Maddox was doing videos / streaming. Lost track of him a couple of years ago, but i remember liking TheBestPageInTheUniverse.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's better to play than watching someone, there's so many games, no time to lose

7+ Year Old Account
    I used to watch streamer to get better at a game (Like Hearthstone, RBG/Arena WoW) or just to see how people at higher skill levels played.

I've stopped watching it since last year (Stopped playing competitive games).

I only watch the same 2 streamers with about another 3 to fall back on when they're not online, I find it really hard to enjoy your average streamer.

On the other hand, I find streaming really fun but I just stream for like 10 friends.

Deleted
    For me, most of the streamers are very annoying. I just couldn't sit and watch them bleb for an hour or so. It is plain annoying.

I long since realized that doing well in streaming has little to do with actual gaming skills, but drama. Tyler1 basically got famous for being toxic. Then there's the Mitch/Celest/Reckful/Mira/Soda/Lea drama.

The fact that there are 3 "seasons" of "twitch drama" on YouTube days it all. I didn't make it past S1E1.

That said, I'd stream if I was a girl. Watching all these kids throwing money at them is crazy. Women probably get whatever a guy would get of the same skill multiplied by 2.5. So much for gender equality.

I try to keep my stream down to a minimum cause all the clutter is annoying to me when watching a stream and I don't want that stuff. Webcam and a chat add on that is transparent are the only two things that are constantly there with an on screen announcement for about 10 secs when someone follows/subs/donates/bits/hosts. Keep it simple stupid is what I live by in life.

I have to roll my eyes every time this topic comes up. If you don't like how a streamer operates, don't watch them. It's simple as that. But if you only ever tune in to the 2k+ viewer streams and think that's representative of Twitch as a whole, the problem is probably with your choices...and not the website.

On the topic of full-time streamers: is there a single form of entertainment that people get paid to produce that didn't start as "just a hobby?"
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2017-07-04 at 02:44 PM.

I've been on Twitch since about 2012 because I always found it interesting watching other gamers streaming my favorite games. Now, it seems like Twitch is all but a cash grab for these people. Seems like every time I checkout a new stream, you have the typical shit on the screen. Usually it's a donation goal, followed by something they're selling. It's either a shirt or a hoody or some other shit no one wants followed by some kind of affiliate link on their stream. It really is a turn off. What ever happened to streaming for the fun of it? Has something changed?
    Theres plenty of streams without adds, donations and other spam. You are just too lazy to check them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Theres plenty of streams without adds, donations and other spam. You are just too lazy to check them.
    Pretty much this, most of them are low viewer count so people don't scroll down to find them. Everyone flocks to the giant streamers and complains about all their crap on screen. My fav streamers get maybe 10-20 viewers at most and their screens are super clear with nothing but a webcam and chat add on. If people are tired of the screen clutter, go find smaller streamers that are trying to get started and watch them. Most are just happy to have viewers~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Streams without ads only apply to old Twitch accounts, the ones where subbing actually removes them