Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    And here you're basically saying that your voting power in government should be based on how much land you own ?
    And the people that work on that land should only count for 3/5th of a vote!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Liberals only wish to help minority groups that vote for them. Rural folks tend to be the wrong skin color and vote wrong. You won't see folks on the left giving 2 shits about their plight, but I bet you can find plenty laughing about their pains. I guess it's ironic retribution for they way the right once treated the left, but it sure shows just how power corruption is universal.
    Now check how much these liberal states are paying through federal taxes for these rural states? How about we remove the victim complex and put money where your mouth is? Your argument, is like a trust fund kid that's bitching how their parents don't care.

- - - Updated - - -

And here you're basically saying that your voting power in government should be based on how much land you own ?
    Yes, because you are talking about NY and California. Two states that have economies larger than most countries. Two of the most populated states in the country. Two of the highest contributors to federal coffers.

The only way to argue that the vote shouldn't at least be equal. Is to say the unpopulated desert in places like Nevada, need a voice too...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    And the people that work on that land should only count for 3/5th of a vote!
    I get the reference, but I think it's more inflammatory to consider that the argument is pretty much that empty space in these states, needs an equal voice to actual American citizens. The idea of state size determining vote count, is kinda like saying 'corporations are people too', but more like 'empty spaces are people too'.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    How about fuck that shit and fuck off? This is all very rich, by the way, considering its coming from a hyper-fucking-leftist. The left fucking invented entitlements and the concept of "we deserve _______ by virtue of existing."

America was founded on the idea of "we deserve more representation," by the way. And as far as what gives me the right? For starters, the first amendment. The right to vote. The right to petition my government. In short, everything my country stands for gives me the right to demand more representation.

So take your sneering, sniveling elitist shit and shove off.

And no, the California government has gone bankrupt every time it's leaned hard left. It's about to go bankrupt again if they seriously pass single payer health care.
    So, instead of getting angry and running away like a coward, howsabout you answer my questions?

Why can you say "We deserve more!" than the Nazi party? or the any other kind of party there?

Why can you say "We deserve more!" in a country where you completely lost the majority vote on the President, yet your god damned fuckwit shitstain of a human being still won?

Why can you say "We deserve more!" when you support the banning of OTHER cultures, religions and such entering this country - like the all-muslim women's Robotics team being banned thanks to you, and yet you "Deserve More".

So, Cowardly Jimbo - how about you man up and answer each of those questions? What makes you so special to require super extra privileged representation vs all I wrote above? And, yes, sadly I had to edit the quesiton (ie. Dumb them down) to your level as I'm not really asking what RIGHT you have (as you damn well know) - but I was asking under what moral obligation do you believe you get superior privileged rights over all that I listed above.

I'll say it again - To quote your own people: "Sorry, Snowflake, you rightfully deserve jack shit."

OH, and PS. Right now Cali is rocking under Dem Rule... so, your lie about them "dying every time" is wrong - and it's a pleasure to point out to you how wrong you are... again.

- - - Updated - - -

You know, I really want to ask Cowardly Jimbo if he believes this ridiculous theory should also apply to every other single red state with a minority Democratic representation. Surprisingly, he MIGHT actually agree - as apparently all he cares about is what power he gets, and fuck the rest. The amusing thing is, if that was true, than we really wouldn't have had dumbass dump in the office making him look bad in the first place.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2017-07-04 at 03:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait wait wait. Let's see if i can put my conservative thinking cap on for the right response to this.

Ahem.

"If you don't like it then move. It's your fault you are choosing to stay there."

Did I do it right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    No, but it is equally unacceptable for assholes in Los Angeles who know nothing about farming, logging or fishing to be able to steamroll legislation through the state Congress that has no affect to them but cripples and destroys the economy of people in the north. The reps in the south know nothing about the wants and needs of voters in the North, yet they have almost total control over what happens up north. Even though it doesn't affect them at all. Even though they know nothing about the north.
    Stop whining, pull yourself up by your bootstraps and move. Don't sit there and be entitled and expect everything to be just handed to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Now check how much these liberal states are paying through federal taxes for these rural states? How about we remove the victim complex and put money where your mouth is? Your argument, is like a trust fund kid that's bitching how their parents don't care.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, because you are talking about NY and California. Two states that have economies larger than most countries. Two of the most populated states in the country. Two of the highest contributors to federal coffers.

The only way to argue that the vote shouldn't at least be equal. Is to say the unpopulated desert in places like Nevada, need a voice too...

- - - Updated - - -

I get the reference, but I think it's more inflammatory to consider that the argument is pretty much that empty space in these states, needs an equal voice to actual American citizens. The idea of state size determining vote count, is kinda like saying 'corporations are people too', but more like 'empty spaces are people too'.
    There's no victim complex, I totally understand your complete lack of care about folks who you think are stupid parahs, how the left is perfectly fine to inflict the same treatment the right once did to them. You care so little you peft it to the governemt to try and help them out, you think they are so stupid tha they created thier own mess. I mean gosh you sound like a Republican complaining about black folks.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no victim complex, I totally understand your complete lack of care about folks who you think are stupid parahs, how the left is perfectly fine to inflict the same treatment the right once did to them.
    Quote me saying any of this. Oh... you cannot? You are just a victim of things I never said or even implied? No victim complex my ass. If there were no victim complex, you wouldn't need make shit up about me.

You care so little you peft it to the governemt to try and help them out, you think they are so stupid tha they created thier own mess. I mean gosh you sound like a Republican complaining about black folks.
    Who the fuck are you actually talking to? I never said the above. My issue is with your logic, not middle America. I have posted numerous times that middle America are citizens just like the rest of the country. I have never and would never say things like this.

You are a liar... not middle America, you as an individual are a liar.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Quote me saying any of this. Oh... you cannot? You are just a victim of things I never said or even implied? No victim complex my ass. If there were no victim complex, you wouldn't need make shit up about me.

Who the fuck are you actually talking to? I never said the above. My issue is with your logic, not middle America. I have posted numerous times that middle America are citizens just like the rest of the country. I have never and would never say things like this.

You are a liar... not middle America, you as an individual are a liar.
    Naw it seems pretty clear from your words you hate the rural right, you can call me a lier all you want, but its an obivous attempt to discredit me. I will admit there could be a chance I'm wrong , I don't hold myself to the standard of perfection such as you do for yourself, but I just dont see it felya from the way you type.

However this really was never about you. It's about the left in general. The hate and contempt it has for rural life. If you don't have that hate then I'm not talking about you, but as you can clearly see from this atrtical, from posters in this thread, it's real.
    Last edited by Saucexorzski; 2017-07-04 at 06:22 PM.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

All of their complaints come across as, "I don't care if my actions cause damage. It's what I'm used to and I don't want to change."

Liberals only wish to help minority groups that vote for them. Rural folks tend to be the wrong skin color and vote wrong. You won't see folks on the left giving 2 shits about their plight, but I bet you can find plenty laughing about their pains. I guess it's ironic retribution for they way the right once treated the left, but it sure shows just how power corruption is universal.
    You are wrong when it comes to California. The state does a lot for these counties. Whose taxes do you think pay for the construction and maintenance of miles of roads and power lines serving small towns in the middle of nowhere. How about hospitals/libraries/schools? Do you think these counties generate enough taxes for all that?

Back when I was still doing private development, I did several vacation houses in these counties. They complained about environmental regulations, yet they have some of nuttiest development review boards and building departments that I have ever dealt with.

They complained about high unemployment, yet they are very unfriendly to new businesses. When the state tried to bring new economic activities, they fought them to the death. They want logging, but they object to wind farms and geothermal.

Do you realize that this is the largest region of CA that does not have a state university attached to it? Central valley has Fresno State. Imperial Valley has extensions of UCSD and SDSU. Let me put it this way, it is not from the lack of effort by the state.

As for CA gun laws, unless you are planning on hunting with AR-15 with clips which have more than 10 bullets, I don't see how those are even relevant.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2017-07-04 at 07:45 PM.

However this really was never about you. It's about the left in general. The hate and contempt it has for rural life. If you don't have that hate then I'm not talking about you, but as you can clearly see from this atrtical, from posters in this thread, it's real.
    All that hate in the form of propping up those rural communities.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    31% of the state voted for Trump. 31% of the state assembly is Republican.

Everything seems to check out.
    Yeah but this might get him more of what he wants, so of course he wants it. It's just political partisan strategy and nothing else to see here. Everything else is just an excuse.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    The urban vs rural divide is actually trans-political. It just happens that urban tends to be left and rural tends to be right, but you'll see left leaning rural people hate on hoity-toity stuck up city slickers and right leaning city folks mock the toothless rural hick.

In fact, I'd argue the urban vs rural divide is what's actually defining much of current politics rather than the left vs right divide.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    The urban vs rural divide is actually trans-political. It just happens that urban tends to be left and rural tends to be right, but you'll see left leaning rural people hate on hoity-toity stuck up city slickers and right leaning city folks mock the toothless rural hick.

In fact, I'd argue the urban vs rural divide is what's actually defining much of current politics rather than the left vs right divide.
    I can agree with this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    All that hate in the form of propping up those rural communities.
    And I'm sure if you could, you would remove your tax dollars going there like a Republican talking about welfare for the inner cities.

I can agree with this.

- - - Updated - - -

And I'm sure if you could, you would remove your tax dollars going there like a Republican talking about welfare for the inner cities.
    I live in one of those areas. I see the effects of both meth and the opioid epidemic, as well as their financial plights.

Don't project your hateful of the other mentality onto me. This isn't a fucking football game.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I live in one of those areas. I see the effects of both meth and the opioid epidemic, as well as their financial plights.

Don't project your hateful of the other mentality onto me. This isn't a fucking football game.
    Then why bring it up, am I supposed to be impressed that you pay taxes and a state govenment is doing it's job? Does the fact tax dollars get allocated to their area remove that fact that other policies have changed their way of life for worse? I seen my fair share of stupid from my time living over 2 hours from Denver in the mountains.

Then why bring it up, am I supposed to be impressed that you pay taxes and a state govenment is doing it's job? Does the fact tax dollars get allocated to their area remove that fact that other policies have changed their way of life for worse? I seen my fair share of stupid from my time living over 2 hours from Denver in the mountains.
    What the fuck even is this?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why a lot of people would like California broken up into several states. 52 Electoral Votes automatically going to the Left because of Urban Majorities is not democracy. It's voter suppression. My county broke for Trump, but our votes didn't matter due to the all or nothing rule, which is frankly complete bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    This is why a lot of people would like California broken up into several states. 52 Electoral Votes automatically going to the Left because of Urban Majorities is not democracy. It's voter suppression. My county broke for Trump, but our votes didn't matter due to the all or nothing rule, which is frankly complete bullshit.
    How about we just dump the system and make each vote count equally? Seems like that will help your issue.

And I'm all for it.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2017-07-04 at 08:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    Republicans won the popular vote for the House, and Democrats only won the popular vote for the Senate because the California race was between two Democrats. Try again. (Also, the campaign for president was not run in terms of generating a popular vote majority. Retrospectively claiming it means anything is silly.
    I've always said the EC was silly. Yes, even when Obama and Clinton won. We know that the way it works, a vote from the states of say Wyoming is worth approximately 5x the electoral college vote as a vote from California.

And once again, this shows just how disingenuous Republicans are about "state's rights". They scream about it when they want their state to have the right to be bigoted and racist, but they don't like it when it's... well something they dislike.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2017-07-04 at 08:34 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    If we're looking for the electoral votes to more accurately reflect the populace, we really shouldn't count a number of flyover states as states at all. They really should've stayed as territories.