Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why EU relocation quota is a huge bull**t

It's from the BBC, before anyone jumps on the "farrightfakenews" bandwagon.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40479224

Many refugees relocated to the small Baltic states by the EU face alienation and poverty and end up moving elsewhere in Europe.
    It is a headache for the EU, already embroiled in a bitter dispute with Poland, the Czech Republic and Hungary over their refusal to accept refugees.

Mekharena, an Eritrean, came to Latvia from Italy a year ago. Reaching Europe was an odyssey - he came via Uganda, Ethiopia, Israel and Egypt.

'They don't give us anything'

He only learnt he was going to Latvia a day before his flight. He was not allowed to choose the destination himself, and was not happy about it.

"There are lots of Eritreans everywhere in Europe. They talk to one another. We all know that in Germany they give you an apartment and €400 (£439; $568) pocket money. But in Latvia they don't give us anything - just €139 a month," he told BBC Russian.
    Mekharena says it is the low living standard that makes refugees leave Latvia as soon as they get their papers. He knows many asylum seekers who have done exactly that.

"Most of them couldn't survive here. They can't accept the difference [between incomes in Latvia and Germany]. Lots of them borrowed money to get to Europe and they need to pay it back," said Mekharena. He himself paid people smugglers $3,000.
    Refugee status in Latvia only gives you the right to claim benefits or work in Latvia. It does not guarantee anything in other EU countries.

According to Mekharena, the refugees who leave Latvia "wait for half a year to submit their applications again, but they are dependent on their friends for help - it's just a waste of time".
    Refugees are moving on from all three Baltic states - Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

Of 349 asylum seekers taken in by Lithuania, 248 left as soon as they had received official refugee status, according to Robertas Mikulenas, director of a reception centre in Rukla, a small Lithuanian town.

Benefits for refugees in Lithuania vary from €102 to €204 a month.

So far 317 refugees allocated to Latvia have arrived in the country, but no office has records of their whereabouts. The fact that none are using the mentoring services available to those with official refugee status suggests they have left.

In Estonia the situation is similar: of the 136 who arrived on the EU programme, 79 have moved elsewhere in Europe. Refugees in Estonia receive €130 a month.
    !Once granted asylum, a refugee can travel freely within the EU and join friends and family in Western Europe - and the Baltic countries have fulfilled their obligations under the EU quota scheme.!

The last sentence is why the quotas totally fail to fulfill their goal
    Last edited by mmoc744a9bccb6; 2017-07-04 at 04:14 PM.

He himself paid people smugglers $3,000.
    And we keep supporting smugglers.

They don't give you anything - just 139€ a month. That's 139 out of the pockets of estonians you ungrateful fuck. Obviously he's not as poor as he'd like us to think since he could afford to pay three grand to get here. This is simply idiot tourism.

Here's hoping the entirety of eu would adapt a more baltic way of treating these ... people.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    They don't give you anything - just 139€ a month. That's 139 out of the pockets of estonians you ungrateful fuck. Obviously he's not as poor as he'd like us to think since he could afford to pay three grand to get here. This is simply idiot tourism.

Here's hoping the entirety of eu would adapt a more baltic way of treating these ... people.
    But you can really put a price on the diversity and multiculturalism these migrants bring? I don't think you can.

so basically Europe can save itself by dismantling the welfare state

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seta-san View Post
    bingo

/10char

LOL refugee doesn't get to pick where he goes AND THEN is unhappy about it. Fuck off, go back to your home.

Deleted
    By the description he doesn't sound like refugee, more like economical immigrant. Why they granted him asylum in first place.
    Last edited by mmoce25a800b33; 2017-07-04 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    LOL refugee doesn't get to pick where he goes AND THEN is unhappy about it. Fuck off, go back to your home.
    thanks to the EU's freedom of movement you can move all 2-3 million of them to Poland and in a week they will all be back in Germany, UK, and france.

Deleted
    Eritrea is a shithole.

So from reading the article : he got Refugee status? Has a a higher degree in engineering? They sent him to Latvia, where you have to speak the language to get a job? He speaks English? So he can't do anything in Latvia and has to sit on benefits and is frustrated.

Seems they shoulda sent him to England.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prejumpton View Post
    By the description she doesn't sound like refugee, more like economical immigrant. Why they granted her asylum in first place.
    he/him
    picture from the article

And to answer your question: Because they get refugee status automatically if they came from Syria or Eritrea, because "war zone" That's why a lot of the refugees "lost" their papers on the way to Europe. Then they say whatever they want and the asylum centers accept their words.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzum View Post
    It's from the BBC, before anyone jumps on the "farrightfakenews" bandwagon.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40479224l
    Got to say I did laugh at the images. Superimposed Hitler mustache on Juncker next to a sign saying Asia for Asians, Africa for Africans, Europe for Europeans.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Well anyone with a working brain will figure out you can either have open borders, or welfare state.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Got to say I did laugh at the images. Superimposed Hitler mustache on Juncker next to a sign saying Asia for Asians, Africa for Africans, Europe for Europeans.
    I think the sign on the juncker poster says one Europe, one quota system, one Juncker...
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    But you can really put a price on the diversity and multiculturalism these migrants bring? I don't think you can.
    I can. The price is cultural cohesion. This is implicit in the word "multiculturalism". Instead of having one, integrated culture that takes small but sustainable challenges to develop and become better, you instead argue for having multiple groups each with totally different identities and cultures that now can't agree who the land belongs to.

This is essentially a death sentence to statehood.

That's the price you pay for multiculturalism. That is not a price I am willing to pay.

Deleted
    In Germany they get an apartment and 400€? Holy shit. Meanwhile Greece gets buttfucked. God bless Hungary, Poland etc. I wish more countries adopted their stance towards ''refugees''.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well all I can say is they fulfilled their obligation of the quota and he is now Germany's problem.

Personally I dont blame the guy if I had nothing and another country offers me more free stuff I would take that one.

Deleted
    It's laughable that the countries less likely for refugees to settle are the ones making the biggest fuss about it.
    Quotas or not, the system needs reform.

thanks to the EU's freedom of movement you can move all 2-3 million of them to Poland and in a week they will all be back in Germany, UK, and france.
    UK is not and have never been a part of the Schengen Area. Otherwise you are teoretically right.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Deleted
    Who said anything about the welfare state? The EU economies are big enough to support these migrants (not stating here that they should, though, but they can)
    How they can do it and offer it is their own responsibility.

The case here about this migrant is however dubious; whether his intentions are true is not known, and certainly he may be here just to take profit from the welfare of a particular EU member state. Then again, this fall to the responsibility of the state.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    In Germany they get an apartment and 400€? Holy shit. Meanwhile Greece gets buttfucked. God bless Hungary, Poland etc. I wish more countries adopted their stance towards ''refugees''.
    God bless indeed the countries that only joined the EU to reap the benefits, without ever having to take responsbility when confronted with a union-wide problem. Hell yeah, keeping your door shut will surely help. Their stance is weak in the face of other countries that actually have the balls to take action.

Quote Originally Posted by Quirex92 View Post
    Who said anything about the welfare state? The EU economies are big enough to support these migrants (not stating here that they should, though, but they can)
    How they can do it and offer it is their own responsibility.

The case here about this migrant is however dubious; whether his intentions are true is not known, and certainly he may be here just to take profit from the welfare of a particular EU member state. Then again, this fall to the responsibility of the state.

- - - Updated - - -

God bless indeed the countries that only joined the EU to reap the benefits, without ever having to take responsbility when confronted with a union-wide problem. Hell yeah, keeping your door shut will surely help. Their stance is weak in the face of other countries that actually have the balls to take action.
    Take action? Like what,inviting more "refugees"? Helping them get to Europe like Italy is doing?
    If your neighbour decides to commit suicide you are not obligated to follow. Thats not solidarity,thats idiocy.
    Anyway even if we (Czech Republic) take refugees what prevents them from moving to Germany?