Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    For anyone who wanted Stardew Valley it's $3.90 here https://chep-games.itch.io/stardew-valley compared to steam's $8.99. I know it's been talked about a lot by people here. Looks like it's a GoG copy too.
    And thank you... I thought i was done with spending money randomly and you linked that offer.... :S
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    Opinions for Darkest Dungeon?

Watched a little bit of it on twitch and saw it was only 11.00 dollars so I was considering picking it up
    I love Darkest Dungeon! I've beat it five times and put in countless hours (100+ online, many more offline). Do you have any particular questions about it? I love it a lot, but do realize it's not for everyone: there's a lot of grinding (the Radiant game mode does help), and if you can't handle losing characters... it's not for you. If you're cool with punishing and grinding RPGs, I highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    If you like turn based RPG, random generated dungeons and being screwed over by your adventurers going insane the game is for you!
    Basically. Do keep in mind that when you startup the game it basically says that the game is about making the best of an awful situation, so do expect to get fucked by RNG (sometimes by no fault of your own, although that's rare in my experience. People that complain about getting fucked never seem to remember that there's a retreat option...).

Darkest Dungeons is a must buy.

The narrator is worth the money alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    For anyone who wanted Stardew Valley it's $3.90 here https://chep-games.itch.io/stardew-valley compared to steam's $8.99. I know it's been talked about a lot by people here. Looks like it's a GoG copy too.
    link dead,. maybe a typo?

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    I saw that the link was "chep-games", so I tried changing it to "cheap" and it didn't work, and Google searches are bringing up errors as well, so I'm assuming it was a limited time deal or something.

Anyone who can recommend ONE of these Platforms adventure games?

Hollow Knight
    Ori and the blind forest

I know both have fun gameplay jump/avoid stuff ... but how is the depth in the game... any kind of skill/craft/gear system?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post

Hollow Knight
    Ori and the blind forest

I know both have fun gameplay jump/avoid stuff ... but how is the depth in the game... any kind of skill/craft/gear system?
    I'm about 20 hours into Hollow Knight -- I feel about halfway done -- however I haven't really played much of Ori.

Hollow Knight doesn't really have much of an in depth crafting/gear system despite comparisons to Dark Souls. Like any other Metroidvania game you find stuff to upgrade movement abilities, damage you deal, health/soul (mana), and magic. However there are charms, they are equipable items that can give you small bonuses or change how you play. Each charm takes up a number of charm notches -- most sit around two -- of which you start with 3 and can upgrade through the game.

From what I've played of Ori, you have the normal metroidvania stuff plus a simple ability tree.

Also, Hollow Knight is incredibly combat focused; its platforming is okay, but is nothing to write home about.

Edit: I'm not sure how Ori plays with kb/m, but you should have controller for Hollow Knight.
    Last edited by Tryuk; 2017-07-04 at 09:14 PM.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    I'm about 20 hours into Hollow Knight -- I feel about halfway done -- however I haven't really played much of Ori.

Hollow Knight doesn't really have much of an in depth crafting/gear system despite comparisons to Dark Souls. Like any other Metroidvania game you find stuff to upgrade movement abilities, damage you deal, health/soul (mana), and magic. However there are charms, they are equipable items that can give you small bonuses or change how you play. Each charm takes up a number of charm notches -- most sit around two -- of which you start with 3 and can upgrade through the game.

From what I've played of Ori, you have the normal metroidvania stuff plus a simple ability tree.

Also, Hollow Knight is incredibly combat focused; its platforming is okay, but is nothing to write home about.

Edit: I'm not sure how Ori plays with kb/m, but you should have controller for Hollow Knight.
    Thanks for the feedback. I am not playing with controller only keyboard and mouse. i dont like controllers tbh. Also i think i will buy Ori since it says its the easist and most forgiving for new players in this genre.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I saw that the link was "chep-games", so I tried changing it to "cheap" and it didn't work, and Google searches are bringing up errors as well, so I'm assuming it was a limited time deal or something.
    It wasn't a broken link. Apparently that's a subset of itch.io games and they run specials on their from time to time. The specials are limited so they only last for X amount of time. It just doesn't say that anyway. So when you probably visited it, it was over (same thing happened earlier when the game was listed for $4.10. This morning I woke up and they had it for $3, but was over.

I'm going to pass up this sale and save up for the Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2 rereleases later this month. They even come with new voicelines!

10+ Year Old Account

Hollow Knight
    Ori and the blind forest

I think (someone correct me if I am wrong) that Ori is a more platforming-focused game while Hollow Knight is more combat focused. I have never played Ori myself because I am terrible at precision platform jumping games but I have seen it in action and it is an absolutely beautiful game. The backgrounds, the animations, and the music are all damn near flawless. I have played Hollow Knight and while it isn't nearly as detailed as Ori, it has a unique style that I really liked.

Difficulty wise, Hollow Knight was a solid challenge but not too difficult to get a grasp on. Ori, from what I understand, starts out pretty simply and steadily ramps up the difficulty to the point where it becomes a pretty damn hard game by the end.

You pretty much cannot go wrong with either game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

Hollow Knight
    Ori and the blind forest

Both are good. Both are definately worth the money. I would say i liked HK a little more.
    That being said, in terms of platformers/metroidvanias, Rabi-ribi is still horribly underrated (prolly due to it more "hardcore" nature).
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2017-07-05 at 12:55 AM.

Want to buy something but I don't know what. At the moment I have Guild of Dungeoneering, Double Dragon Neon, Hyperdevotion Noire and Neptunia U sitting on my cart but I'm still having doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost made it all the way through without spending a dime but I ended up picking up Borderlands 2 GOTY for $9 at the tail end. I actually own it on PS3 but really only played it enough to know that the game is fun and I hate playing FPS games with a controller.

Was hoping to make it through, but I'm spending another $150 in about twenty minutes...picking up witcher 3 goty edition(mostly so i can keep gog off my computer since i got W3 with my 970), rise of the tomb raider, DMC, Mad Max, 7 days to die, Shadow of Mordor, FF8, Bioshock remaster....damn i need some other games...some of these games im just buying to have...like bioshock/ff8....but i havent the slightest clue wtf to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    but i havent the slightest clue wtf to buy.
    I heard my wishlist needs help j/k

10+ Year Old Account
    Tacked on Sniper Elite 4 (plus Season Pass) and the original Sniper Elite onto the previous list of games I bought. $130 for 11 games isn't bad at all.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Don't forget the steam sale ends in less than 4.5 hours. Get what you want while you can!

As for myself. I ended up getting:

The Walking Dead: Michonne (Roomate wanted to play and we steam share so yeah)
    Learn Japanese To Survive! Katakana War
    Transformers: Devastation
    Lego Pirates of the Caribbean

Wanted to get more, but was really limited on funds this time around Always next time.

Did everyone get a portion of what they wanted at least (from Steam or other sales)?

Also note that the Steam Summer Trading Cards say they are valid until 8/5/2017 @ 9:00:00 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I don't have a problem with the price of the games...

...the problem is I can't find anything I'd like to buy.
    Same here. Not interested in short, casual games that could be played on tablets, even if they only cost 10-20$. And it seems the market only offers this type of games these days.

Ended up taking some games off and picked up a steamlink instead. Picked up witcher 3 goty, rise of the tomb raider, bioshock remastered, Devil May Cry, and Wolfenstein the new order....Will probably pick up the Wolfenstein prequel if I enjoy the new order the next time it's on sale. Otherwise as a whole there weren't a ton of games I really felt I needed to buy. FO4 I've heard more negative than positive same with MGS5....So I figured I'd save the money this sale and just get games I know I'll play. Spent just under $100 and that includes shipping for the steamlink....hoping it works well enough(have heard so much mixed things regarding it) cause I'll be playing more PC games if I get them on my TV with it.