10+ Year Old Account
    Seems the new Thor Ragnarok toys have been teased... one thing stands out for me.

Thor has what appears to have the freakin ODINSWORD!

Skyfather Thor confirmed?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Seems the new Thor Ragnarok toys have been teased... one thing stands out for me.

Thor has what appears to have the freakin ODINSWORD!

Skyfather Thor confirmed?
    Do ye have a link?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

MILES CONFIRMED CANON FOR THE MCU~!!!!

"Sony and Marvel are obviously all in on Peter Parker being the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s definitive Spider-Man. But according to Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige, a certain other webhead does, in fact, exist somewhere in the MCU.

In a recent interview with Screen Crush, Feige addressed how, during Spider-Man: Homecoming, Donald Glover’s character Aaron Davis casually mentions his nephew—who, in Marvel’s comics, is Miles Morales. While Miles isn’t name checked in the film directly, Feige clarified that “anything that’s happened in the books” is fair game for Marvel to bring into MCU.

“In the meantime, I think Miles is a big part of the animated movie that Sony’s making,” Feige said. “But where we go... we definitely want you to go ‘[Miles] is there. He’s there somewhere.’”

Feige didn’t say whether Phil Lord and Chris Miller’s upcoming animated movie starring Miles will be at all connected to the larger MCU, but here’s hoping that by the time we see Peter graduating on the big screen, he’s got at least one other web-slinging friend to talk shop with"

http://io9.gizmodo.com/kevin-feige-c...her-1796420962

AWWW YEAH BOI GIMMIE DAT SPIDER-MEN MOVIE IN PHASE 7
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    Do ye have a link?
    Derp, sorry! Was so excited I forgot to add it
    http://nerdapproved.com/toys/hasbro-...-inch-figures/
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

"When asked if a Spider-Man/Venom crossover could be possible down the road, Feige said, “We never say never,” then continued, “You could ask me, ‘Is Superman gonna be there?’ I go, ‘Never say never,’ but not any time soon.”"
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Last edited by BloodyAngel12; 2017-07-04 at 06:04 AM.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH5oUKyPKhI
    I didn't think it would be possible, but I found a kid I loathe more than Justin Bieber...this squeaky hyper kid is so annoying I want to break his legs with a baseball bat.. he can't talk like a normal person, sounds like he is doing some pre-teen vlog the whole time.. (people who do vlogs shoudl be shot in the neck)
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-07-04 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    I didn't think it would be possible, but I found a kid I loathe more than Justin Bieber...this squeaky hyper kid is so annoying I want to break his legs with a baseball bat.. he can't talk like a normal person, sounds like he is doing some pre-teen vlog the whole time.. (people who do vlogs shoudl be shot in the neck)
    Well aren't you a cheerful one.

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    I just realized that Spider-Man:Homecoming will be the first MCU/DCEU movie I haven't gone to see in a theater since Ant-Man. I'm just really not interested in it at all, especially the high school angle of the film. It seems so far away from the actual Spider-Man stories, I can't buy into it in even the slightest. At least the new Thor is coming and that looks fun, then there'll also be Justice League later this year to scratch my superhero itch.
    as someone who grew up with ultimate spider-man and the 90s spider-man cartoon this is the closest thing to real spider-man ive ever seen.

i mean, fuck, he even does the eye thing like deadpool, do you know how long ive wanted spider-man to be able to do the eye thing?

Quote Originally Posted by tgoodchild View Post
    I just realized that Spider-Man:Homecoming will be the first MCU/DCEU movie I haven't gone to see in a theater since Ant-Man. I'm just really not interested in it at all, especially the high school angle of the film. It seems so far away from the actual Spider-Man stories, I can't buy into it in even the slightest. At least the new Thor is coming and that looks fun, then there'll also be Justice League later this year to scratch my superhero itch.
    I feel the same way, I just can't get hyped for this movie. It seems so far away from the 90s cartoon I grew up with. I'll see it because its spider-man but I think I'll be disappointed. Maybe its because I'm not a fan of the ultimate Spider-man comic.

you also have to remember a college aged peter parker isnt that good of an iron man replacement.

marvel wants tom Holland to be the line throughout the mcu with rdj leaving just like rdj was the line throughout the mcu up until now.

if you put peter in college that means you need an older actor which means less years of him wanting to be spider-man, but if you put peter in highschool with as young an actor as you can get without having to deal with child labor laws and can get them to sign a contract you get many years of spider-man.

we know the first 3 movies will be him in highschool. spider-man 2 will be the first movie of phase 4 and will be the "civil war" of phase 4 providing the major event and bedrock for that and whatever the big arc post thanos they will be building up to, spider-man 3 will likely be near the end or, again at the beginning of phase 5 and then after that we will either get college peter parker or some other variation of adult peter.

and i think another reason why ultimate spider-man resonates with so many younger comic fans and 90s kids today is because when i was a kid if i wanted to read spider-man comics... peter parker wasnt spider-man. i watched the cartoons and in the comics it was ben Reilly not peter, bens cool and all and i have a soft spot in my heart for him but hes not my spider-man.

and then, when i got a little bit older, around the time i was in middle school, ultimate spider-man came out and here was a peter parker that was just like me, he was a teenager who watched adult swim and had real life problems but also had fucking awesome powers.

with miles becoming more and more mainstream being part of the new cartoon, the new animated movie, the new video game, the comics, and probably at some point the mcu i think were going to see a similiar thing down the road where alot of younger fans in the future are going to see miles as "their" spider-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    I barely remember reading any Ultimate Spider-Man way back when, but I can see the comparison ... it was more oriented around a teenage Peter Parker. And I agree, that's likely why I'm not grooving on this at all. I like the Spider-Man I grew up with in the 70s and 80s To me, this isn't Spider-Man at all.
    IMO, the problem is that the Raimi films were pretty much bang-on comic book Spider-Man. The first half of the first film is almost frame for frame Amazing Fantasy #15. They did make some changes (more as the series went on) but overall it was about as true to the comics as we're ever going to get.

One of the problems with the Amazing Spider-Man films (one of many) is that they tried to remain close to the comics and that led to them almost beat for beat remaking the original Spider-Man in the first half. Down to Uncle Ben re-phrasing "great responsibility" in the most awkward way possible.

I think that in order to steer well clear of doing the same thing again they're going in an entirely different direction, which necessarily means deviating a lot from the comic book version. I don't mind that, provided it's still true to the character in spirit. And you know, good.

But I could totally see it alienating people who want to see the comic book Spider-Man again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Well aren't you a cheerful one.
    Ur correct, i was too positive..

Deleted
    Just got back from seeing Spiderman, best take on the character yet.

Best thing about it imo, no origin story, there's no him getting bitten, there's no uncle Ben flashbacks, its just boom, straight into the character.

Marvel knocks it out of the park again.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    and i think another reason why ultimate spider-man resonates with so many younger comic fans and 90s kids today is because when i was a kid if i wanted to read spider-man comics... peter parker wasnt spider-man. i watched the cartoons and in the comics it was ben Reilly not peter, bens cool and all and i have a soft spot in my heart for him but hes not my spider-man.
    You musta had a really short childhood then, cause Ben Reilly was only Spider-man during 1996. That's literally 1 single year of him as Spider-Man, the rest of the time he's been Scarlet Spider.

Also why are people acting like Spider-man being in high school is a big deal? When he debuted he was in high school, and remained a high school student for the first 3 or 4 years of his original series, it's not like Spidey being a high schooler is exclusive to Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    You musta had a really short childhood then, cause Ben Reilly was only Spider-man during 1996. That's literally 1 single year of him as Spider-Man, the rest of the time he's been Scarlet Spider.

Also why are people acting like Spider-man being in high school is a big deal? When he debuted he was in high school, and remained a high school student for the first 3 or 4 years of his original series, it's not like Spidey being a high schooler is exclusive to Miles.
    ya idk why either. Its sort of refreshing imo. Not that I'm a huge fan of Holland's PP but Spiderman has always been one of the most intrinsically teenish type of super heroes. Even when he is thought to be in is 20's or 30's in the comics he's still written with a very teenagerish mentality. Always having to make wise cracks and just generally acting like a geeky 18 yr old.

Is Mary Jane in the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Is Mary Jane in the movie?
    No she got diversified into a hip young black girl

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    No she got diversified into a hip young black girl
    Are you getting confused with Liz Allan?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Are you getting confused with Liz Allan?
    I dunno but red haired actresses everywhere just let out a collective howl as another casting option is gone. At least theres always carrie remakes and the hopes for a live action brave.