Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Ideology is race? Who knew!

It's not racism any more than being against fascism would be racism. It's recognizing the relationship, if not identity, of overall Islam to the specific ideology of the terrorists. I realize being willfully blind about this is what someone is supposed to do, but I don't subscribe to that flavor of political correctness.
    It's also just disliking an idealogy that just isn't productive and backwards at almost all angles.

It's not a coincidence that the so called " muslims contributions to science and arts" stopped when they ran out of groups to subjugate and cannibalize.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I don't know what this has to do with what you quoted. You can critique it in this way if you want, but it doesn't change what the statistical claim actually is. It also isn't what the poster I responded to was doing.
    I never claimed the statistical claim was wrong?

Simply claimed it was retarded and disingenuous, which it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    What point are you trying to make? None of what you are saying has anything to do with this article or the study it reports.

You are seemingly arguing against some assertion that no one here, myself included, has even made?
    I am arguing against the fact that terrorism gets a larger press coverage than, for example, gun usage in america. Considering the fact that 30.000 people every year get killed by guns, it is quite interesting that terrorism is all in the media, while more people die from shark attacks and Lightnings.

At the end it is about right wing hypocrisy, trying to get a scapegoat going while the real problems exist in your own country directly in your own homes. You dont need to take immigration or a religion as a scapegoat.

You dont need to act as if terrorism was the large thing while you have to work two shifts every day just for being able to live your lives. You should check who gets richer and richer, and you should check who gets poorer and poorer. Read everything about Neo liberalism and its consequencies. Think about the idea if you could need a better social system. That are the things america should be interested in and not.. some weirdos from Arabia killing 4 people. Sure, it should be in the press, but i wonder you dont want to kill all sharks considering the fact way more people are killed by shark attacks than by terrorism.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-07-04 at 05:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Care to explain the difference? One is an increase of a static number the other is an increase of an increase?
    5 * x = 5x. 5 * x + x = 6x. Saying 5 times bigger is essentially saying 5 times as big bigger. It is however usually used in the same context as in the thread title, which is why I dislike it. It is ambiguous.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Islam just is a religion, and it is about what people make out of it.

What about the idea that people are against extremism of any kind? Be it nationalist, christian, muslim, left.. No matter what political philosophy or religion and extremist abuses to be allowed to kill someone, he has in common with other extremsits abusing any kind of idea that may be misinterpreted to kill people.

Lets start to ban extremism, and not a scapegoat which is one single religion while every religion literally has the same problem.
    Oh hell im all for baning all religions.
    but it seems when i talk against west buro baptist church no one cares. But if i talk against wahabism people imediately jump at you to defend the religion of peace (no im not talking about budhism)

The problem with islam is that its not JUST a religion. You do have the supernatural elements but no one is against those. The problem is that it acts as a constitution on how to have sharia law and it goes into politics on how to govern a nation (something that other religions like christianity and budhism dont do)
    Thats what people have a problem with
    Because while im not interested in islam islam is interested in me because i am a dirty kafir who eats pork and drinks alchool in public.

Quote Originally Posted by veehro View Post
    No my question is what do people do to prevent islamic terrorism?
    Not dropping bomb's on innocents and orphaning thousands upon thousands of children would probably do the trick. Invading, fucking and premature withdrawal was also the worst possible thing to do. Troops should have never left until the problem was resolved. Remember kids, Pulling out doesn't work

My mother cared for a Afghan refugee from the age of 12(he still lives with her now, at 19). His father was killed by the taliban, he despises the taliban / ISIS e.t.c Full support of the Nato troops. If said Nato troops happened to kill his father? Yea, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he despised us.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2017-07-04 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Derp

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I am arguing against the fact that terrorism gets a larger press coverage than, for example, gun usage in america. Considering the fact that 30.000 people every year get killed by guns, it is quite interesting that terrorism is all in the media, while more people die from shark attacks and Lightnings.

At the end it is about right wing hypocrisy, trying to get a scapegoat going while the real problems exist in your own country directly in your own homes. You dont need to take immigration or a religion as a scapegoat.
    Im curious how many of those people are legaly killed?

Because you know people do buy guns for SELF DEFENSE and if some one puts your life in danger you can shoot them. if you have some one entering your house as a burglar YOU CAN SHOOT THEM.

Why do those statistics never show deaths that are legal versus illegal ones such as accidents, actual murders etc?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Not dropping bomb's on innocents and orphaning thousands upon thousands of children would probably do the trick. Invading, fucking and premature withdrawal was also the worst possible thing to do. Troops should have never left until the problem was resolved. Remember kids, Pulling out doesn't work
    Really einstein?

Tell me what countries is germany france or UK bombing atm? Because this summer they had a terrorist attack per week and sometimes even 3?

All they did was to open the borders wide and take as many refugees as humanly possible from a proxy war that the US and saudi arabias created.

What did UK do to deserve have children blown up at an ariana concert?
    what did France do to deserve to have people mowed down on the street?
    What did Germany do to deserve to have people killed at a xmas market?

They did nothing but kindness and even have hate laws against people that target muslims. There is no justification for this unless you know, you actually listen to what the terrorists say they do what they did. Which is that the west is haram because its degenerate. Because it tolerates gay people, because it allows women to dress in ways that are not modest, because it tolerates atheism and worse of all because we're not aknowledging muhamad as a prophet.

I mean all you have to do is to actually LISTEN to what the people who bomb us say time and time again or read any of ISIS's manifesto. But i guess that would require a bit more research then most lazy people are comfortable with doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Muslims are just 0.9% of the US population, but carry out 12.4% of terror attacks? They are quite overrepresented, Tennisape will be concerned.
    People saying muslims are not a problem are usually just as bad as the terrorists.

Yes there are good and bad muslims.
    There are sadly quite a bit of "Die hard muslims" and they just dont belong in the western world.

And this should go for all the western country = Don't they follow OUR rules. don't obey their new country rules or still see their older country above their new one. These people should be deported immediatly. Die hard muslims are nothing but problem and should be removed from the western world. (Tbh the world itself. Nobody wants a die hard in a religion.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Whataboutism is a problematic ideology.

Im curious how many of those people are legaly killed?

Because you know people do buy guns for SELF DEFENSE and if some one puts your life in danger you can shoot them. if you have some one entering your house as a burglar YOU CAN SHOOT THEM.

Why do those statistics never show deaths that are legal versus illegal ones such as accidents, actual murders etc?
    The last year I could find number for is 2012. That year there were 259 ruled justifiable homicides involving guns. That would be self defense. That's compared to 8342 homicides and 20,666 suicides. Suicide has been the most frequent usage of guns by a huge margin every year for a long, long time. Self defense has always been the least. Those numbers are published with regular crime numbers by the FBI.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    The last year I could find number for is 2012. That year there were 259 ruled justifiable homicides involving guns. That would be self defense. That's compared to 8342 homicides and 20,666 suicides. Suicide has been the most frequent usage of guns by a huge margin every year for a long, long time. Self defense has always been the least. Those numbers are published with regular crime numbers by the FBI.
    Ty i assumed it wasnt just murders and the statistics were inflated. Im sure if youd take guns away people would use poison or other methods.

Oh hell im all for baning all religions.
    but it seems when i talk against west buro baptist church no one cares. But if i talk against wahabism people imediately jump at you to defend the religion of peace (no im not talking about budhism)

The problem with islam is that its not JUST a religion. You do have the supernatural elements but no one is against those. The problem is that it acts as a constitution on how to have sharia law and it goes into politics on how to govern a nation (something that other religions like christianity and budhism dont do)
    Thats what people have a problem with
    Because while im not interested in islam islam is interested in me because i am a dirty kafir who eats pork and drinks alchool in public.
    It's exactly JUST a religion. The problem with them is tied to socioeconomics. It's no different from Christianity a few centuries ago whereas Christians found reasons to burn each other for whatever convictions they please. Socioeconomic well-being has actually evolved such that the Bible and Jesus are a pastime every Sunday or Monday to pretend that we are good people. The majority of Muslims are third world peasants thus very susceptible to the idiocy and extremes of religion. Your modern, American-raised Muslim is practically no different from your Macon, GA Christian.

Ty i assumed it wasnt just murders and the statistics were inflated. Im sure if youd take guns away people would use poison or other methods.
    Actually, most studies with suicide have shown that if you make it just a little more difficult for people to kill themselves, they won't. Small things like a guard rail on a bridge lowered the rates in an area markedly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    People saying muslims are not a problem are usually just as bad as the terrorists.
    We're not a problem, no. Comparing terrorists to Muslim sympathizers is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Actually, most studies with suicide have shown that if you make it just a little more difficult for people to kill themselves, they won't. Small things like a guard rail on a bridge lowered the rates in an area markedly.
    And studies of people who have survived attempted suicidal jumps off bridges reveal they regret having jumped almost instantly.

Suicide is weird, and worthy of much more research. I would not be surprised if they find specific brain circuits involved in suicide, and find ways to interfere with them (although a "suicide gas" that activates them instead would be really horrific).

Disclaimer: my brother, who owned guns as I do not, killed himself with one.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Because there's a difference between a one terror attack from muslim that kills plenty of people and one attack from a "white male" that doesn't harm anyone.

Really einstein?

Tell me what countries is germany france or UK bombing atm? Because this summer they had a terrorist attack per week and sometimes even 3?

All they did was to open the borders wide and take as many refugees as humanly possible from a proxy war that the US and saudi arabias created.

What did UK do to deserve have children blown up at an ariana concert?
    what did France do to deserve to have people mowed down on the street?
    What did Germany do to deserve to have people killed at a xmas market?

They did nothing but kindness and even have hate laws against people that target muslims. There is no justification for this unless you know, you actually listen to what the terrorists say they do what they did. Which is that the west is haram because its degenerate. Because it tolerates gay people, because it allows women to dress in ways that are not modest, because it tolerates atheism and worse of all because we're not aknowledging muhamad as a prophet.

I mean all you have to do is to actually LISTEN to what the people who bomb us say time and time again or read any of ISIS's manifesto. But i guess that would require a bit more research then most lazy people are comfortable with doing.
    Ok, you clearly think, that because I have a perfectly logical answer to your previous question that I'm some form of sympathiser? This is the not the case. I'm saying dropping bombs willy nilly is not a solution, that's the cause. Only way to fix terrorism? Troops on the ground, killing the weed at the source, this time they need to damn well stay there until the job is finished.

In actual fact, the UK has had an air campaign ongoing in Syria/Iraq for little over a year, the year previous to that? You know, back when Parliament voted against it? Yea, RAF Pilots just flew US planes and did it anyway. The UK has been involved in the bombing of Syria since the start, even though it officially started a year ago.

France I believe also have had a bombing campaign underway for some time (not sure how long)

As for Germany, I actually don't know - I'l let someone else fill that one in.

We don't deserve the attacks, but frankly, neither did they. We are doing the exact same thing back to them, relentlessly, 24/7 and on a MUCH larger scale. For every ISIS combatant we kill, a disgusting amount of innocents are also killed. We ourselves are the greatest ISIS recruiter currently, we need to sort our shit out before we can begin to sort them.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2017-07-04 at 06:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Generally not how conversion happens, you don't just decide to follow x religion without reason. That reason usually comes from knowing about parts of the culture and history and wanting to incorporate the beliefs into your life.

And?

The race could be black, just as the race could be Christian. Just because something is one thing, doesn't mean it can't be another thing at the same time.
    Christian can be a race. Okok. I think we're done here. Thanks for the laugh though!

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Since you don't know what race or racism means, I suggest you keep out of threads concerning them so as to prevent people seeing just how clueless you are.
    Race in humans has to do with ancestry, physical traits, genetics and such things you're born with. Not culture or religion.

Hate to see the obvious need studies to prove, but it's always good to have a paper trail.

Now to see the rational skeptical right accept these findings.
    Oh...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    Wow that's so racist, oh wait islam is a religion it's not a race.
    Whoever heard of a religious group being persecuted due to racial reasons?

So what if they are covered more in the media? like Rock said they are seen as outsiders
    So being killed by a white person makes someone less dead? I can think of a few people who would disagree.

and how thevoice pointed out they are a super small minority but carry out so many attacks.
    But I was told that Muslims were taking over the West and would assimilate us like pod people.

It's like the 13% black & 50% of the crimes statistic all over again.
    Yeah, I keep asking for actual committal rates, and not conviction rates for that stat, but never get them. Odd.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.