Halicarnassus was way more fun than Catastrophe. Reminded me of Syrcus Towers bosses in a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    After running Omega, just wish they would have improved drop system.

Did whole place and ended up with zero items, so I need to run them again, and who knows how many times to get my weekly items.
    I picked up belt and ring from first two bosses this morning, but I agree 100%. Some sort of totem-like currency that you could purchase one of the actual parts per week would be great. Never expect it to happen, though, since the current system guarantees people will be in there constantly

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    But how does that affect HP inflation - that's the part I'm not getting.
    I read it as they want the ability to scale tank health and tank damage separately. If they want more tank damage in the next tier, they add more STR to items and keep VIT the same. If they want more health, they add more VIT and keep STR the same. If they use the same stat for both, it entangles them. If they want to increase one, they must increase the other. Fixing "tanks need more health" has the side effect of "tanks do more damage". Fewer knobs makes balance harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I picked up belt and ring from first two bosses this morning, but I agree 100%. Some sort of totem-like currency that you could purchase one of the actual parts per week would be great. Never expect it to happen, though, since the current system guarantees people will be in there constantly
    Just makes me want to stop running it since there's high chance I won't get what I want, if anything at all.

Can download there from: http://press.na.square-enix.com/prod...xiv-stormblood.

Personally i tend to get as much for my main job on reset until the new dungeon or alliance tier comes out and just stick with tome gear for alt jobs. saves a lot of pug headache time better spent on crafting and gathering.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    What they're afraid of though is if they make VIT increase damage like in Heavensward that it'll make Omega easier than intended. In this scenario (like they mention in the post) they would have to rebalance Omega 1 around the fact that tanks do more damage than what they were balanced around which is VIT accessories.
    Oh I see - They ment inflated boss HP values, not inflated player HP. That makes a lot more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Hmm, so they added new items to the 1-50 treasure bags from deep dungeon, no doubt to get ques popping again when everyones doing 51-60, question of course is what valuables can you get *_*
    I've got about a hundred upopened low floor treasure bags I never had the inven space to go through. But since I recently gave up on the the idea of ever getting everything on the Market Board faster than I accumilate it, I'm just going to vendor the lot of it I think. Little bit sick of having to destroy something every time a loot window pops up.

If I find anything noteworthy opening all the sacks, I'll let you know.

So 450k~ exp for getting second place in PVP and same exp as before for first place. Don't know if last place and second place get the same. I was honestly somewhat hoping they buff the winning exp a little bit and maybe like 550k for second place and 400k for third.
    Got about 500k for last place at 65. Means it's less XP and longer than POTD now. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    New raid was fun. Sad how toxic the community is though. I got screamed at for explaining mechanics in O3, and in the end I got a ton of commendations but it kind of mars the experience when some turbo neckbeard claims you are spoiling a fight by explaining vague mechanics like, "stand on blue tiles when boss casts this ability." I mean, it's whatever though. Got all my loot and a ton of commendations, instant queues as a tank and only wiped a couple times.
    Well, some people do want to go in blind, it's day #1 after all.

Cleared the raid. Aside from catastrophe being based on one pretty lame mechanic the first was passable for the next oppressor but the last two were excellent fights. Lotta fun and i can't wait to try them in savage.

- - - Updated - - -

New raid was fun. Sad how toxic the community is though. I got screamed at for explaining mechanics in O3, and in the end I got a ton of commendations but it kind of mars the experience when some turbo neckbeard claims you are spoiling a fight by explaining vague mechanics like, "stand on blue tiles when boss casts this ability." I mean, it's whatever though. Got all my loot and a ton of commendations, instant queues as a tank and only wiped a couple times.
    Yeah i've noticed a weird rise in "explaining mechanics is a spoiler so you should be kicked" behaviour. A lot of it strangely seems to come from the "pot babbys" that used a paid skip potion that clearly dont care about the story but dont want boss mechanics "spoiled"?

People are strange mang.

So I've never tanked before. What are these 270 str accessories people keep talking about?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So I've never tanked before. What are these 270 str accessories people keep talking about?
    VIT used to increase damage for tanks in Heavensward. Not a thing anymore as STR replaced that. Tank accessories don't have STR on them so people resorted to using 270 DPS accessories from Heavensward to either make threat easier or do more damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    VIT used to increase damage for tanks in Heavensward. Not a thing anymore as STR replaced that. Tank accessories don't have STR on them so people resorted to using 270 DPS accessories from Heavensward to either make threat easier or do more damage.
    Rather, the new accessories in SB have been restricted purely for the classes/jobs they are meant for. In other words, no one can wear a VIT ring unless they are in the tanking role, none can equip a STR ring unless that's their primary stat and so on.
    However, it was a lot more lax in HW as you could use your main job's accessories to bypass the item level regulation on trials/dungeons/raids (guilty as charged here) by upping it a few points upwards by temporarily replacing your bad accessories with good (but not meant for your job) ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damage Calculations for Tank Roles

Lastly, players have expressed concern that enmity is difficult to sustain. Some have taken to using ilv 270 STR accessories to address the issue, and numerous measures have been put forth. We've received requests for damage calculations to be made VIT-based again, like they were during the 3.X patch series. As VIT also influences HP, however, adjusting it is liable to lead to HP inflation, and so we have no plan to adopt this method at present. (VIT-based damage was deemed workable during 3.X and was employed in the interim.)

However, as ilv 270 STR accessories don't increase HP, this places an increased burden upon healers, and we are working to address the issue by 4.05. While we must ask for your patience, please rest assured that we are working on this as a matter of priority.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post4263595

Well i got two accessories and my gloves, but god i hate the asshole that thinks "i'm just gonna wait till the very last second to roll incase people leave so i get less competition" and they believe people will just leave and skip new raid gear on the day it launches.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    Rather, the new accessories in SB have been restricted purely for the classes/jobs they are meant for. In other words, no one can wear a VIT ring unless they are in the tanking role, none can equip a STR ring unless that's their primary stat and so on.
    However, it was a lot more lax in HW as you could use your main job's accessories to bypass the item level regulation on trials/dungeons/raids (guilty as charged here) by upping it a few points upwards by temporarily replacing your bad accessories with good (but not meant for your job) ones.
    Yeah that's a better description.

I'm guilty of that too.... i was lazy to gear up my SMN and just used healer pieces for my right side to queue into things.

Well, Aether died again. ;_;

Another DDoS attack, maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post

Primal Bahamut is absorbing the Aether! Run for your liv--- Oh..

10+ Year Old Account
    Primal Bahamut is absorbing the Aether! Run for your liv--- Oh..
    *burrrp!*
    #innocent Dragonwhelp eyes

Huh strang also which tank has the most hp warriors? I want my first tank I play you just load up on vit
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously....I don't understand the mentality of "Don't tell me anything!!! NOOO!!"

Honestly with some of the people I've run with today they need all the help they can get. After two wipes on O3 (which is a GREAT fight) our healer was like "I don't understand the daggers, cross, and shield thing...". This being after I said to the group "Match your role icon to avoid taking damge...if she does frogs become a frog." I had to spell it out for him. Stand on the green part because you heal. If you were a damage dealer take the sword. I mean I didn't really think that was a hard mechanic my first run through. The frog baffled me for about 5 seconds until it hit me to be a frog for that phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post

Primal got hit about the same time, so seems likely. Happy holidays from the wastes of oxygen responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Seriously....I don't understand the mentality of "Don't tell me anything!!! NOOO!!"
    I understand it, but if you go into a group that is not specifically stated as being 'going in blind, no fight spoilers', then you must accept they happen, and getting mad about it just proves what a short-sighted fool you are. To me it's like walking into a club with a sign up that says 'Movie plot discussion meeting' and getting mad cos someone spoiled the ending of a film you hadn't seen. Personal responsibility, people.