Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I really don't see much point in a D2 remaster, the game is very playable as is, and I still play it as is.

The only thing the game would really benefit from is the current Blizzard App integration so your account doesn't get deleted whenever you don't play for awhile and you can drop in and out of friend games easier. Perhaps a shared stash so you don't have to do the awkward muling and hope your game doesn't quit on you when you change character.
    No there isn't any point but doing it as I suggested... making it first person 3D with a modern game engine... ka-ching!
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I really don't see much point in a D2 remaster, the game is very playable as is, and I still play it as is.
    High resolution support?
    TrueType fonts?
    Unicode?
    Modern client-server network architecture?

The one thing I'd really love to see in WC3 is a much better lobby for the custom games. As of now there's no real filter but just a clunky refresh option, and most games are now hosted by bots instead of having people host their own games. This used to be so much different when WC3 was new.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would adore a proper WC3 remaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    High resolution support?
    TrueType fonts?
    Unicode?
    Modern client-server network architecture?
    Are those really necessary? Don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    After LoD there were very few trapskills. besides, you only did it wrong once. Im a fierce proponent of permanent builds. Yes I remember very well what D2 was like.
    There were fewer but I wouldn't say very few at all.

Of course it didn't really matter since D2 was piss easy even at the highest difficulty and it had no real endgame (unless you count the mindless tedium of grinding HRs) so you could fuck up as much as you liked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    D2 the game where there is respec tokens? D2 the game where you can build many different trees that work and arnt forced to choose between 1 of 3 becuase blizzard said players were to retarded to figure out how to skill? Mule parking was a thing, loot xfer was never a problem.

One would think you havnt kept up with the patches and never played to any success. I never had an issue swapping gear to a mule, nor did i respecing after the tokens were added, nor did i theorycrafting character trees.
    I don't count changes made to the game like a decade after release as being part of the D2 experience. For most of the time people played it, there were no respecs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

Of course it didn't really matter since D2 was piss easy even at the highest difficulty and it had no real endgame (unless you count the mindless tedium of grinding HRs) so you could fuck up as much as you liked.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't count changes made to the game like a decade after release as being part of the D2 experience. For most of the time people played it, there were no respecs.
    and yet a great many people played it durring the time there were respecs, i stopped playing the first time in 04 then picked it up again 6 years later and played it far after d3 release. Sorry but the experience isnt just the first few years becuase you stopped after that.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

endgame was perfect gear, perfect rolls, torches anni's and top ladder spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    and yet a great many people played it durring the time there were respecs, i stopped playing the first time in 04 then picked it up again 6 years later and played it far after d3 release. Sorry but the experience isnt just the first few years becuase you stopped after that.
    I didn't play it for the first few years, actually I started in late LoD when the game was already years old. When I stopped playing D2 it was already a very old game.

Respec was... patch 1.13? That is, like I said, over ten years after the game was launched. You can't take credit for something that was patched a fucking decade later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I didn't play it for the first few years, actually I started in late LoD when the game was already years old. When I stopped playing D2 it was already a very old game.

Respec was... patch 1.13? That is, like I said, over ten years after the game was launched. You can't take credit for something that was patched a fucking decade later.
    so games have a expiration date? Companies arnt allowed to patch them later and let the community enjoy this? I dont get your arguement, its been in the game for a long time now, it came a while after release so what?

The fact that D2 already has respecs is pertinent because the original reason the subject was brought up was in the context of elements of D2 that needed updating for the remaster. Regardless of how late to the party it was, D2 has had respecs for seven years, it's not something that needs to be added, it's something that was added a long time ago.

Give me both of them. Plus Blizzard, I don't care, add WC1/2 and D1 to the pool too!
    As long as it is not just the graphical overhaul...

Warcraft 3 HD would be a matter of creating higher res assets and updating their code to work with current Bnet clients. I'm not sure if they would want to port it to the SC2/Heroes engine or stick with legacy Warcraft 3 code though. I think using the newer engine would benefit more, but I can see it losing out on a lot of nuances that might be difficult to add back in.

Other than that, most of the Hero models are already available from Heroes of the Storm and only need some slight modifications to make them fit back into Warcraft 3. Then there's ALL the creeps, buildings and tilesets to upres...

I'd play the shit out of it though, and I hope it would reinvigorate the mapping community. Warcraft 3 mapping was so much more vibrant than any other RTS I've played.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.