Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    You cannot expect 7.3 to spend as much time on the PTR as 7.2 did. As you saw Broken Shore was not nearly as ambitious as we thought, and Argus is triple its size. 7.3 will be their Gamescom headline, expect expac announce at Blizzcon
    They don't seem to be making 12 separate class mount scenarios, a handful of spec-based "challenges," etc. Those eat up a large chunk of time. Much more than terrain does.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    We aren't going to test the flight paths, dude. As far as playable content goes it will be a bunch of world quest, order hall quests, a dungeon and a raid. Same thing spread out over a bigger map. And even Mythic Kil'Jaeden will be down soon. The base 7.2 patch came out in April. You relly think it would be okay to release 7.3 after August?
    Uhm, Argus has like half the size of an usual expansion. So yes, I am pretty sure it will be longer on the PTR than 7.2. 7.2 didn't add anything substantially new to the game whereas 7.3 will.

7.2 in April and four months later 7.3? Not going to happen. Maybe end of August but I doubt that. It's more likely to have some more glimpses of 7.3 at Gamescom and release it mid / end of September (the usual cadence for big patches is ~ 5-6 months). I agree that the Broken Shore is pretty boring and we don't have to do that much but I don't see 7.3 happening right after Gamescom.

After 7.3 hits the live servers we need another 8-10 weeks until Antorus opens, so 7.3 in September and 7.3.5 with Antorus mid / end of November sounds reasonable (I think the last wing of Antorus LFR will open right before Christmas holidays so that everybody has enough to do when the game goes into holiday maintenance mode).

I could imagine there to be some new speccs, in the next expansion, just not for every class, leaves more space for future expansions.

Gladiator for warrior (dd), shadowhunter/vodoodoctor(heal dd hybrid) for shaman and dark ranger for hunter as well as necromancer for priest(dd, sry that is a wild guess) would be nice and would bring some diversity

PotT Would be nice actually. At this point the progression system gives us way too many empty levels with nothing to gain. A bonus system would help with that.
    Do you think expansions are only in the work from the point that they release the latest patch? That's.. naive as hell.

Furthermore, yes WoW has few customization options, but amount of hair colors is not an impressive feat. Games like FFXIV where you've got a fair bit of options actually turn out to having less impact on how your character actually looks as most of the options do nothing to change your appearance.

Yes, WoW has few options, but it's not quantity that matters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Uhm, Argus has like half the size of an usual expansion. So yes, I am pretty sure it will be longer on the PTR than 7.2. 7.2 didn't add anything substantially new to the game whereas 7.3 will.

7.2 in April and four months later 7.3? Not going to happen. Maybe end of August but I doubt that. It's more likely to have some more glimpses of 7.3 at Gamescom and release it mid / end of September (the usual cadence for big patches is ~ 5-6 months). I agree that the Broken Shore is pretty boring and we don't have to do that much but I don't see 7.3 happening right after Gamescom.

After 7.3 hits the live servers we need another 8-10 weeks until Antorus opens, so 7.3 in September and 7.3.5 with Antorus mid / end of November sounds reasonable (I think the last wing of Antorus LFR will open right before Christmas holidays so that everybody has enough to do when the game goes into holiday maintenance mode).
    Again, size of area is irrelevant. You don't test the area. You test the playable content. I still say late August for the base patch and late december for the raid. It would fit the schedule they have been keeping till now.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    or tinkerer
    but nice job ignoring it
    It won't happen for the same reason they won't make the pandaren mistake again. It is too goofy and fantastical and Engineering is tinkering.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It won't happen for the same reason they won't make the pandaren mistake again. It is too goofy and fantastical and Engineering is tinkering.
    how is it goofy?
    how is using machines and technology "goofy"
    so udluar was a shitty raid ,the shitteist raid, because it was goofy and tantastical?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I have yet to see anyone consider Gelbin from the cinematic "goofy. Every post I've seen has said that it was awesome.

The pandaren mistake is that it came out of left field. We should be used to seeing Goblins and Gnomes piloting mechs at this point.

Deleted
    how is it goofy?
    how is using machines and technology "goofy"
    so udluar was a shitty raid ,the shitteist raid, because it was goofy and tantastical?
    The very existence of gnomes and goblins is defined by goofiness. All identity they have is strictly goofy.
    Engineering has goofy aspects (your speed of belt can explode or leak fuel etc) precisely because it's themed around the midgets.
    A midget class would thus be goofy be definition and its delivery would either have to somehow detach it from the midgets (no real reason to do so) or be double-goofy to keep the theme.
    Ulduar was about the origins of Azeroth, Old God Yogg-Saron and possible fate of Azeroth (if you fail to convince Algalon). Nothing goofy about that. Oh, there was Mimiron alright, but that was 1 wing of goofiness in a huge raid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    The very existence of gnomes and goblins is defined by goofiness. All identity they have is strictly goofy.
    Engineering has goofy aspects (your speed of belt can explode or leak fuel etc) precisely because it's themed around the midgets.
    A midget class would thus be goofy be definition and its delivery would either have to somehow detach it from the midgets (no real reason to do so) or be double-goofy to keep the theme.
    Ulduar was about the origins of Azeroth, Old God Yogg-Saron and possible fate of Azeroth (if you fail to convince Algalon). Nothing goofy about that. Oh, there was Mimiron alright, but that was 1 wing of goofiness in a huge raid.
    and the game that has a shit quest every expansion
    a whole class basedo n getting drunk
    and looks super cartoony would not fit with this class?

also i was making a point how he says "technology in the game is goofy"
    when the whole first area up to the first boss, including the first boss is all tech
    the fourth boss is all tech
    mimron is all tech
    and the whole aesthetic of the place is tech

Very glad you are not on the dev team.
    We still have guilds going ham in mythic Tomb of Sargeras. We're not ready for a new patch. I'd agree with before BlizzCon, but next month? I think it's a bit of a stretch. There's no need to be rude. :b

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    - Vrykul (and seriously, they are SO, SO ready to be a playable race already. Surprised Skyrim didn't get Blizzard's boners hard towards releasing these guys as a race for the hype)
    We have the proper animations with the Vrykul race. It's a possibility, especially since they've seen model updates in Legion.

- Naga (I for one, don't hope for this to happen. Though they're possible)
    We're missing animations, but we do have high-res models for them now. I think Naga will play a big role in the next expansion, so I don't think it makes sense for them to be a playable race, especially since their devout followers of Queen Azshara.

- Ogre (Also strongly unlikely to be playable, neither Orcs or Goblins are a popular playable race, something even dumber and uglier is doomed to >1% of the playerbase being one)
    I believe ogres were considered in Cataclysm as the horde race, but they scrapped it and went with goblins instead.

- Arakkoa (though another anthropomorphic animalman hybrid probably would leave some players sour)
    We have the animations, gear can be equipped to them, and they received model updates in Warlords of Draenor. It's a possibility. Where would it make sense, though?

You forgot Drakonids. Tom Chilton did an interview in 2009, where Drakonids were considered as a playable race. With the defeat of Nefarian (again), many Drakonids have been orphaned. It's possible that we'll see a storyline develop here.
    "Hope can turn into despair in a heartbeat."
    R.I.P Chester Bennington 1976-2017

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh, we just had a new class so I'm pretty sure they are going to wait for the next one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorecien View Post
    We still have guilds going ham in mythic Tomb of Sargeras. We're not ready for a new patch. I'd agree with before BlizzCon, but next month? I think it's a bit of a stretch. There's no need to be rude. :b
    No, we are totally ready for a new patch. What we are not ready for is a new raid. But the raid will be staggered for three months after the patch hits. Like you said, the only ting left is Mythic raiding. That's not really important for the majority of the players. 7.2 came out in March. Sure 7.2.5. came out last month, but if all the non raiders have for over two months is spamming Deaths of Chromie I fear the subscription numbers for Final Fantasy XIV will skyrocket.

I don't think a new class would fit since we just got DHs. I'm ok with a new race, but I'd like them to focus a little more bringing back the feeling of character progression that has been watered down and reduced to RNG over the years. I'd also like to see forms of character progression that weren't just gear based (professions, improved AP system, etc)

No, we are totally ready for a new patch. What we are not ready for is a new raid. But the raid will be staggered for three months after the patch hits. Like you said, the only ting left is Mythic raiding. That's not really important for the majority of the players. 7.2 came out in March. Sure 7.2.5. came out last month, but if all the non raiders have for over two months is spamming Deaths of Chromie I fear the subscription numbers for Final Fantasy XIV will skyrocket.
    We still have the Trial of Style event next month, which lasts for five days. We have the Black Temple Timewalking event this month. If you're into it, you have a new pet battle dungeon. There's a new band in the Darkmoon Faire. I understand it's not a huge content patch, but that's understandable seeing as 7.1.5 wasn't a big content patch either. The .5 patches aren't meant to be big content patches.

I may be biased, as I'm in the middle of a ton of other things in Azeroth, so I suppose it could be clouding my judgement. I'll go for an early September release.
    "Hope can turn into despair in a heartbeat."
    R.I.P Chester Bennington 1976-2017

10+ Year Old Account
    7.3 In September
    7.3.5 In Late November/ Early December (Argus Raid)
    8.0 In September 2018
    New expansion goes live in October 2018

Or something close to this
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2017-07-06 at 10:40 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorecien View Post
    We still have the Trial of Style event next month, which lasts for five days. We have the Black Temple Timewalking event this month. If you're into it, you have a new pet battle dungeon. There's a new band in the Darkmoon Faire. I understand it's not a huge content patch, but that's understandable seeing as 7.1.5 wasn't a big content patch either. The .5 patches aren't meant to be big content patches.

I may be biased, as I'm in the middle of a ton of other things in Azeroth, so I suppose it could be clouding my judgement. I'll go for an early September release.
    i still doubt that. But at the very least we can be sure that one of us will be correct.

Deleted
    and the game that has a shit quest every expansion
    a whole class basedo n getting drunk
    and looks super cartoony would not fit with this class?

also i was making a point how he says "technology in the game is goofy"
    when the whole first area up to the first boss, including the first boss is all tech
    the fourth boss is all tech
    mimron is all tech
    and the whole aesthetic of the place is tech
    Yeah, having a shit quest per xpac is totally on par with midget races as a whole Like, totally, dude, sure yeah. No.

I'm not sure they can reveal new expansion before 7.3.5 is out and the expansion story has officially ended. If they wanna have proper segway from this expansion to the next, revelation trailer would be spoiler about the end of this one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Yeah, having a shit quest per xpac is totally on par with midget races as a whole Like, totally, dude, sure yeah. No.
    you think having quests where you rummege through shit is no where near as "silly" as having a race of short people?
    you do know short people arnt funny right?