Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by insteor View Post
    Did they really use 3 heals? Seems like their heals are gods!
    They used 4 as already said but, for me at least, nothing wil beat Jhaz solo healing Garrosh

Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    Because of their 6% wipe on Avatar 2 days ago? And they are leading.
    That was a troll screenshot bub
    Last edited by mmoc6dac8cfd43; 2017-07-04 at 07:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Face it, if Method brought in special ops like this, 500 wipes, over 2,000 mythic+ sub 20's - We as normal people won't see an avatar mythic kill from people like us until next expansion lol. Unless they severely nerf the shit out of Avatar, that will destroy most of the guilds that are left (and LOL Invective, you guys are smoking wankers thinking they are world first mythic KJ... gtfo)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    How does 453 tries compares to the wipe count of other tough bosses?
    Blackhand was around 320 ish (Method), Garrosh 272 (Method), Siege-Crafter 229 (Method), Lei-shen 300 ish? Not sure about that one, Guldan 248 (Exorsus), Elisande 229 (Serenity).
    The only recent bosses that took more pulls are Archimonde 472 (Method) and Ragnaros 500+ (Paragon), and maybe spine (can't find number).

Because of their 6% wipe on Avatar 2 days ago? And they are leading.
    I feel bad for you that you believed that and FYI, FatShark lead SB at Elisande and we all know how that went.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Face it, if Method brought in special ops like this, 500 wipes, over 2,000 mythic+ sub 20's - We as normal people won't see an avatar mythic kill from people like us until next expansion lol. Unless they severely nerf the shit out of Avatar, that will destroy most of the guilds that are left (and LOL Invective, you guys are smoking wankers thinking they are world first mythic KJ... gtfo)
    they killed it with 928 ilvl, your non-hardcore progression guild will have ~935+ ilvl in a couple weeks. So it will be doable even if you don't spend 450 tries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkej View Post
    Tier 1:

Nihilum
    Death N Taxes

Tier 2:
    Method
    Paragon

Everyone; GET BUST
    This! This!

Quote Originally Posted by Draggosh View Post
    The only recent bosses that took more pulls are Archimonde 472 (Method) and Ragnaros 500+ (Paragon), and maybe spine (can't find number).
    July 2011, 6 years so recent xD Just like if you said during Firelands that Nihilum's Illidan kill was recent.
    Last edited by ryjkur; 2017-07-04 at 07:35 PM. Reason: wrong year

10+ Year Old Account
    Just remember that realistically, Avatar will probably take a lot less attempts simply due to gear and published strats. It seems like the real road block on the fight was meeting the DPS requirements which will be made a lot easier with more Mythic/titanforged gear for a lot of the other guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Draggosh View Post
    Blackhand was around 320 ish (Method), Garrosh 272 (Method), Siege-Crafter 229 (Method), Lei-shen 300 ish? Not sure about that one, Guldan 248 (Exorsus), Elisande 229 (Serenity).
    Number of pulls mean very little because length of attempts very from boss to boss. Some fights are very short or the hard part is early in the fight; other fights are the opposite. For Avatar, it is possible to push into phase 2 any time you want, in order to practice. So we shouldn't try to measure a bosses difficulty by how many attempts a guild put into a boss. This isn't to say that Avatar is by any means easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    they killed it with 928 ilvl, your non-hardcore progression guild will have ~935+ ilvl in a couple weeks. So it will be doable even if you don't spend 450 tries.
    You do have a valid point, I didn't think about the ilvl scaling.

Tier 1:
    Method
    Paragon

Tier 9: (lol bosses with 1-3 mechanics)

Nihilum
    Death N Taxes

Everyone; GET BUST
    fixed that for you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Face it, if Method brought in special ops [...]
    tbh the only special ops I saw is a 927 ilvl rogue that spookiie played (who already got a 917 rogue, so he knew how to play rogue). Other than that they all used their own characters.

Deleted
    I rememeber the Siegecrafter posting, fun times. Then Paragons just fell flat.

Deleted
    July 2012, 5 years so recent xD Just like if you said during Firelands that Nihilum's Illidan kill was recent.
    I still put Ragnaros in the list because he was so ahead of it's time and could be very well considered a modern boss. There is a clear difference when you look at his abilities/mechanics compared to those of the other bosses of it's time.
    Also i agree that Vanilla/BC bosses are not really relevant to the discussion

10+ Year Old Account
    Tier 1:

Nihilum
    Death N Taxes

Tier 2:
    Method
    Paragon

Everyone; GET BUST
    Lol yeah right.

Paragon >>> everyone else for a looong time. No one dominated as bad as they did, bringing in rng dropping and tank hopping filled Classic is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post
    I rememeber the Siegecrafter posting, fun times. Then Paragons just fell flat.
    They didn't fall flat they took about same time to kill as Siegecrafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    all the math boys so silent.
    I was one of the ones that didn't think it was possible. Could've had some changes made this morning? More than likely unless someone from Method wants to confirm they killed the same boss they have fought past couple of days? If they did impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    So in about a day we will have the community flip of "mathmatically impossible fuck you blizz" to "2nd week clear, to easy blizz"
    pretty much, yeah

every time a mythic raid goes down in under a month, you have hordes of trolls with 0 mythic experience crying about how easy and undertuned the game is

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    I was one of the ones that didn't think it was possible. Could've had some changes made this morning? More than likely unless someone from Method wants to confirm they fought the same boss the past couple of days? If they did impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will it be a kill like Baleroc (Firelands) where they Deterrence-tanked the boss during the Enrage ? With the 5 Rogues in the Raid, it seems to me like it in some way.
    Congratulations to Method nonetheless, had expected Exorsus to take a kill too today.
    Still a shame that blatant Account sharing is accepted and not-punished in any shape or form. I assume if it brings in money for Blizzard it's fine.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".