Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Thanks for the reply's guys, I went ahead and grabbed it.

As for the above post, I really didn't like DA:I to be honest. It felt like a Single Player game wanting to be a MMO, But the number one thing that turned me off from it was the combat.
    The combat in ME: Andromeda is the best that BioWare has ever produced.

Unlike the post above yours, I thought the story was decent enough. It definitely gets better the farther you get into the game. The problem is that there are loose threads that are obvious DLC and even sequel bait. And from most accounts, those probably won't be resolved due to BW and EA dropping the series. But for $20, the game is well worth it.

andromeda is the best trully

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    The combat in ME: Andromeda is the best that BioWare has ever produced.

Unlike the post above yours, I thought the story was decent enough. It definitely gets better the farther you get into the game. The problem is that there are loose threads that are obvious DLC and even sequel bait. And from most accounts, those probably won't be resolved due to BW and EA dropping the series. But for $20, the game is well worth it.
    Cool beans, If all I did in the end is waste $20 then its whatever. Horde mode should keep me entertained at lease for a bit.

Like I said I enjoyed ME2/ME3 (besides the ending) so I'm sure ill find enjoyment in this.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Most of the technical issues and animation wonks are fixed, or at least made more palatable, now. So It's certainly well worth 20$.

SP DLC or not, batarians are coming to MP: https://twitter.com/MassEffect_News/...74788038848512

Huh. Maybe they had started producing the DLC content before the studio was axed and they managed to get batarian faces usable?

Deleted
    I'm oddly satisfied with how things turned out. (especially because people tried to defend the commercial success)
    They didn't deserve a penny for their lies and abysmal work.

They survived long enough on the success of both DA:O / ME1/2 alone.
    While their combat systems improved, everything else got worse. Most of all - the stories.
    It's such a shame that the best things in all of their games comes from reading logs and books on the ground, while the story you play is utter garbage.

DA:I didn't satisfy, and ME:A even less.
    Wether it's BWs fault or EAs, it doesn't matter - I choose to blame BW though.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-07-04 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    SP DLC or not, batarians are coming to MP: https://twitter.com/MassEffect_News/...74788038848512
    I wonder if inferno grenades will make a return. At the least there should be falcon punch. Been waiting for platinum. ME3 gold was my preferred while MESA gold feels closer to Silver of ME3.

I just get reckt in platinum T.T

7+ Year Old Account
    So Andromeda 2 scraped and Mass Effect universe is frozen? Assuming MEA quality...

Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    So Andromeda 2 scraped and Mass Effect universe is frozen? Assuming MEA quality...
    I would consider Mass Effect dead for the foreseeable future. Anthem is the sci-fi game that Bioware will be focusing on going forward. Andromeda was such a piece of crap that I don't blame them for scrapping the series until further notice.

Before anyone bitches and says the game was good...no it really wasn't....The characters all sucked, there was only six squad mates at that which is a joke for a ME game, the story in MEA was atrocious on top of the numerous things that should've been seen if they did proper QA. The only good thing about the game is the combat. It's the best in the series hands down, but that cannot save this game from being the turd it really is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So is Mass Effect: Andromeda worth $20?

As someone who enjoyed ME2/ME3 (didn't like ME1) and enjoyed horde of ME3. Do u think ME:A is worth $20?

Also is it worth spending the extra $10 and getting the deluxe version.

Edit: Typo (I meant extra $10).
    Honestly no....I know I'm 4 days late to respond but this is one of the worst purchases I've made in a long time. I usually like to play through ME games a few times, I will never touch this giant turd again. The worlds are cool looking but feel empty, the characters all suck and the story is horrible. I would skip it and get something more polished for the money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    The characters all sucked, there was only six squad mates at that which is a joke for a ME game
    Mass Effect 1 only had six squad mates and you are forced to kill one of them. Having only six squad mates is not a joke for a Mass effect game. Only 3 of those 6 from the first game carried over to the second as squad mates. Of the 9 new ones in Mass Effect 2 there are two that required a DLC. One requires you to recruit at the right time or you will miss them. So you have 7, or 6, new squad mates possible without DLC. One can be swapped if you pass the checks. In Mass effect 3 some of the squad mates are only available in DLC (and some are added with DLC for the entire game once recruited). So you only have 7 base squad mates in Mass effect 3.

Mind telling us where the punch line is? If you are going to bash the game at least do it with facts instead of inventing crap. You don't need to invent stuff just to justify your dislike.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Only character I really didn't care for was Liam but he did have an awesome loyalty mission

10+ Year Old Account
    I genuinely had fun playing the game and i liked it. Now that it is safe to hate on. Watch people come out of the woodworks.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Mass Effect 1 only had six squad mates and you are forced to kill one of them. Having only six squad mates is not a joke for a Mass effect game. Only 3 of those 6 from the first game carried over to the second as squad mates. Of the 9 new ones in Mass Effect 2 there are two that required a DLC. One requires you to recruit at the right time or you will miss them. So you have 7, or 6, new squad mates possible without DLC. One can be swapped if you pass the checks. In Mass effect 3 some of the squad mates are only available in DLC (and some are added with DLC for the entire game once recruited). So you only have 7 base squad mates in Mass effect 3.

Mind telling us where the punch line is? If you are going to bash the game at least do it with facts instead of inventing crap. You don't need to invent stuff just to justify your dislike.
    And in ME3 under the "right" conditions you can even have as little as 3 Squadmates - Edi, Vega and Liara (pure Tech, Combat and Biotic) - since Garrus and Tali can be dead from ME2, you can skip Javik and you can tell Ash or Kaidan to gtfo. (Citadel DLC with Wrex dead and all ME2 crew dead is probably really depressing instead of a fun ride )

Was on the final mission with 85% completed and my save doesn't load the final mission :-(

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    Was on the final mission with 85% completed and my save doesn't load the final mission :-(
    Don't worry, it isn't anything special.

So I've been deliberately avoiding this thread due to possible spoilers etc. Well, I finally beat it last night with 100% completion on Insanity with auto-aim turned off. Took roughly 140 hours, although I may have left the game running a few times while doing something else. My two party members were Cora and Jaal all the way through. I wonder what other combos gave great background dialogue.

I've played all the previous ones, and I think Andromeda has carved out a niche for itself. The combat was by far the best, and I like the new dialogue options, the Nomad is infinitely better than the Mako (especially so when it's fully upgraded and the training wheels are taken off), the profiles were a welcome change, and of course the graphics/varied worlds. The Angara were pretty interesting characters themselves, even if they were a bit disturbing to look at.

I don't like the uncanny valley of many characters, the scanning got so tiresome after a while, how you can't choose your squad members' loadouts, how there weren't any side quest explorations on any random planets, the clunky weapon customization/item interface, the God-awful character customization (I was so pissed when it launched and there were literally no white nordic features, that one anti-white dev is a p.o.s), and the women were way less attractive this time around (or maybe Miranda spoiled my comparisons).

I'm really interested to hear everyone else's relationship outcomes and their psych profiles. I ended up melding with Peebee, banged the Asari filkmaker on the side, and my psych profile was: " You exhibit heart and empathy in many situations. Also, the passion that you bring to your role as Pathfinder does not go unnoticed by those who work alongside you. In fact, it may be a key component in drawing others to you. However, I would say that all this is completely in line with your tendency to act impulsively in many situations. To go with your gut rather than pause and wait for more information. (Perhaps I should not that you are more impulsive in the field than you are with your affection. Whatever that means -- we can keep that between us.) I would add... Although you've had to quickly adjust to take on a new and unexpected role, you maintain a direct and professional demeanor. My guess is that your former military training and subsequent experience with command structure is serving you well here. Or perhaps, a solid and respectful approach to things is just your nature."

What about you?

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Don't worry, it isn't anything special.
    That's your opinion. Quite a few people don't agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I genuinely had fun playing the game and i liked it. Now that it is safe to hate on. Watch people come out of the woodworks.
    It is a good game. It just caught fire on the internet as something worth hating and meme worthy so it was an endless waterfall of it. Don't get me wrong the game had a terrible launch. You can tell they finished the gameplay part of ME:A such as the combat being amazing, driving around being pretty good, and over all mechanics of building your new "civilization" and such is really smooth. They just totally dropped the ball on the diolog and animations in that department that totally broke emersion.

I played the game around launch and put some quality hours into it and finished it. Really enjoyed it even with the things I said above. I also plan to go back and revist the game with all the fixes and maybe see the more polished product that should have been released.