Deleted

Would-be assassin of Macron arrested after looking to buy Kalashnikov on gaming forum

A 23-year-old man has been charged with plotting to assassinate Emmanuel Macron at France’s Bastille Day parade, a judicial source said.

The self-described nationalist, who was arrested last Wednesday, told investigators he wanted to kill the French president at the 14 July national parade in Paris, a source close to the investigation said.

He said he also wanted to attack “Muslims, Jews, blacks, homosexuals”, the source added.

Police arrested the man at his home in the north-west Paris suburb of Argenteuil on Wednesday after being alerted by users of a chatroom linked to a video game where he allegedly said he wanted to buy a firearm.

Three kitchen knives were found in his vehicle and analysis of his computer found that he had conducted internet searches on potential targets, the source said.

He was charged on Saturday with plotting to commit a terrorist act, the judicial source said.

The man was convicted for condoning terrorism in 2016 and sentenced to three years in prison, of which 18 months were suspended.

He had applauded the neo-Nazi mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik, who killed 77 people in a bomb and gun rampage in 2011 in Norway.

The 14 July parade commemorates the storming of the Bastille prison in 1789 – the start of the French Revolution and a turning point in world history.

The parade takes place on the Champs-Élysees, which has been the site of two recent attacks targeting police. Last month a man drove a car laden with weapons and gas canisters into a police van on the avenue. In April, a known extremist shot dead a police officer on the Champs-Élysees days before the first round of the presidential election.

Last 14 July a jihadist killed 86 people in a truck attack in Nice.

On Bastille Day in 2002, the then president, Jacques Chirac, was the target of an assassination attempt on the avenue.

France has been in a state of emergency that has been repeatedly renewed since jihadist attacks in Paris in November 2015, in which 130 people were killed.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...n-bastille-day

Damn, next time I disagree with one of you I better watch out.

In all seriousness, what the hell how can you be this stupid when trying to murder one of the most powerful people in the world?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    A 23-year-old man has been charged with plotting to assassinate Emmanuel Macron at France’s Bastille Day parade, a judicial source said.

The self-described nationalist, who was arrested last Wednesday, told investigators he wanted to kill the French president at the 14 July national parade in Paris, a source close to the investigation said.

He said he also wanted to attack “Muslims, Jews, blacks, homosexuals”, the source added.

Police arrested the man at his home in the north-west Paris suburb of Argenteuil on Wednesday after being alerted by users of a chatroom linked to a video game where he allegedly said he wanted to buy a firearm.

Three kitchen knives were found in his vehicle and analysis of his computer found that he had conducted internet searches on potential targets, the source said.

He was charged on Saturday with plotting to commit a terrorist act, the judicial source said.

The man was convicted for condoning terrorism in 2016 and sentenced to three years in prison, of which 18 months were suspended.

He had applauded the neo-Nazi mass murderer Anders Behring Breivik, who killed 77 people in a bomb and gun rampage in 2011 in Norway.

The 14 July parade commemorates the storming of the Bastille prison in 1789 – the start of the French Revolution and a turning point in world history.

The parade takes place on the Champs-Élysees, which has been the site of two recent attacks targeting police. Last month a man drove a car laden with weapons and gas canisters into a police van on the avenue. In April, a known extremist shot dead a police officer on the Champs-Élysees days before the first round of the presidential election.

Last 14 July a jihadist killed 86 people in a truck attack in Nice.

On Bastille Day in 2002, the then president, Jacques Chirac, was the target of an assassination attempt on the avenue.

France has been in a state of emergency that has been repeatedly renewed since jihadist attacks in Paris in November 2015, in which 130 people were killed.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...n-bastille-day

Damn, next time I disagree with one of you I better watch out.

In all seriousness, what the hell how can you be this stupid when trying to murder one of the most powerful people in the world?
    Glad they caught this guy, stick him in a mental hospital.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is such a difference in the way this story is reported. It really depends on someone's background eh?

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    Well you have to be pretty stupid to think assassinating Macron and “Muslims, Jews, blacks, homosexuals” would be a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Deleted
    They caught him before the act, of course. But not the dozen other terrorists who were only plotting to kill the common men. Shows their priorities.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    He belongs in the same ward as all the globalist fucktards who are racing their countries to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    (...)globalist fucktards(...)
    Lol, you must be bloated from drinking so much koolaid.

So how was he radicalised?

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    Lol, you must be bloated from drinking so much koolaid.
    Which kind of koolaid? I've lost track of which side is against globalism.

Kek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Which kind of koolaid? I've lost track of which side is against globalism.

Kek.
    I don't even know. But it seems to be from radical left and radical right. I've seen that nonsense spouted by InfoWars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    I don't even know. But it seems to be from radical left and radical right. I've seen that nonsense spouted by InfoWars.
    Btw, what does it even mean to be against globalization? See that rather often. To me, it seems completely pointless fight to have.

Deleted
    The reporting on these cases is a joke. take this for example.

Who doesn't have some tools in their car and the majority of shitposters on these forums have probably searched these politicians more than the scumbag presstitues in the grauniad let alone the accused.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zethras View Post
    When Clinton gets put in one then you can suggest it.

Deleted
    If he was a radical I would be very interested to learn how he got to this point and if he has mental health issues.

Remember, when it's a crazy right wing guy he's just a crazy person. When it's a crazy left wing guy it's systemic leftist violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Btw, what does it even mean to be against globalization? See that rather often. To me, it seems completely pointless fight to have.
    Against immigration and trade. Its a fine position to have and I think more easy to make the argument for than against.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    When Clinton gets put in one then you can suggest it.
    I'm so confused, what?

Sounds like a perfect little false flag. Buying an AK on a video game forum? Riiiiiiiiiight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Sounds like a perfect little false flag. Buying an AK on a video game forum? Riiiiiiiiiight.
    Because this will be used to persecute gamers all across the world?

Keep dreaming your conspiracy theories buddy.