Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Glad he got the money. The US, Canada, and anyone else using Guantanamo Bay are guilty of war crimes. Unfortunately, there's no one to hold them accountable for their actions.
    I agree completely. I think everyone involved in Guantanamo should be charged with war crimes no matter their station. Its absolutely disgusting that basic human rights were ignored to garner confessions that are not even reliable.

We should do to those as they would do to us

In this case Al Qaeda would seek to kill any of us they could

We should do the same to them
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I believe this is the right answer.

'I got to kill many infidels and now I'm rich, Allah be praised!'
    So its ok to kill brainwashed 15 year old kids who admit guilt under torture?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Well that's Canada for you. Letting known terrorists walk away with a big bag of money.
    And he wouldn't be walking away with a bag of money if Canada had treated him as a human being. Ignoring rights has consequences, this is one of them. This is one of the major reasons Guantanamo Bay was and is a horrible idea and should have been shut down.

Deleted
    why they pay someone money for being a terrorist?

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    So its ok to kill brainwashed 15 year old kids who admit guilt under torture?
    Just so you know, brainwashing isn't actually a thing that works. It's sci-fi.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    why they pay someone money for being a terrorist?
    They gave him money for violating his human rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Lately I see a lot of bad news coming from Canada... What's going on there? Tennis also recently wrote how they filter out immigrants by only taking the ones with highest education etc. Feel very disappointed lately by Canada.
    Canada actually admitting it was wrong hardly sound like a bad thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post

Nah, it can, and has, worked.

Torturing child soldiers for confessions. Nice.

Try to look past your biases for just a moment and put yourself in the guy's shoes Americans.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2017-07-04 at 10:35 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It works just fine especially on a child I don't know what world your living in.

Maybe not on an adult but we are talking about a child here.
    It's sci-fi. It's not a thing that works. It doesn't matter if it's an adult or child, it does not work.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's sci-fi. It's not a thing that works. It doesn't matter if it's an adult or child, it does not work.
    a young child who adores their parent completely will believe anything they say. Do that long enough (im tlaking starting before age 7 and keep going til teens), and break their will, and you've gotten a loyal soldier who will not think for themselves, due to being brought it up as the only thing they've ever known and being taught it was right by people they respect due to position of power.

This is generaly kept in chekc by environments that bring in other views, but if your environment doesnt allow it (like these regions often do), then you wont have anything to challenge it.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing scifi about metal conditioning see Crissi's post or do you think under 15 year old child soldiers kill because they know they want too? mental conditioning aka brainwashing is how and why child soldiers work without question or care.
    Last edited by Firatha; 2017-07-04 at 10:39 PM.

There is nothing scifi about metal conditioning see Crissi's post.
    Raising your kid in a specific manner is not brainwashing though. Brainwashing is a concept that is about is forcing someone to adopt radically different beliefs than they originally had, not applicable in child rearing as you can raise them to have a specific belief without forcing them.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-07-04 at 10:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is absolutely a thing. Not in the way of mind-control or sci-if, but it involves psychology and damaging it till the person obeys you unquestioningly. That is the most brutal way to go about it but there are easier methods manipulative people routinely use to slowly chip away at a person's psyche.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Raising your kid in a specific manner is not brainwashing though.
    It absolutely can be, especially if you start introducing pressure to conform and threats on if you do not conform.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    It is absolutely a thing. Not in the way of mind-control or sci-if, but it involves psychology and damaging it till the person obeys you unquestioningly.
    Brainwashing is a concept that is about is forcing someone to adopt radically different beliefs than they originally had, not applicable in child rearing as you can raise them to have a specific belief without forcing them and kids do not really have any established beliefs.

You can't really brainwash someone who has no beliefs to start with, like kids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    It absolutely can be, especially if you start introducing pressure to conform and threats on if you do not conform.
    Then all child rearing is brainwashing according to you. Every parent uses some sort of pressure and/or threats to get their kid to obey when they do not conform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brainwashing is a concept that is about is forcing someone to adopt radically different beliefs than they originally had, not applicable in child rearing as you can raise them to have a specific belief without forcing them and kids do not really have any established beliefs.
    Which still happens in regards to cults, like Jonestown.

You not believing its a thing doesnt mean its not a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hence you have Islamic or other extremists who went from being secular and holding degrees in higher education, become terrorists.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Which still happens in regards to cults, like Jonestown.

You not believing its a thing doesnt mean its not a thing.
    There is absolutely no scientific support for it.