Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oftenwrongsoong View Post
    Correct, they first did HP nerfs.

Then ability hotfixes.

The ability hotfixes allowed the healers to out-heal the mechanics to keep enough players alive to kill the boss without stress on healing.

This is a prudent move, since only nerfing HP until a boss is low enough to kill detracts from abilities. A fine balance to is get HP to the appropriate level and then tune abilities around the pool so the script works smoothly and the challenge is equal to healers and DPS.

This is not hard.
    Again, you're inserting in false plurals to try and save face. Just like there has only been an HP nerf (not HP nerfs), there has only been one (singular) ability nerf that we have no idea as to when it actually took place.

Stop embarrassing yourself with this goalpost moving and backpedaling. The boss was mathematically possible when you whined and cried about Blizzard making it impossible, you were wrong, move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Korethas View Post
    Again, you're inserting in false plurals to try and save face. Just like there has only been an HP nerf (not HP nerfs), there has only been one (singular) ability nerf that we have no idea as to when it actually took place.

Stop embarrassing yourself with this goalpost moving and backpedaling. The boss was mathematically possible when you whined and cried about Blizzard making it impossible, you were wrong, move on.
    I am in the same position I was before the hotfixes/nerf. The boss was mathematically impossible and they changed it. After the change, it was killable. Method killed it.

I understand you don't believe me and think that I'm wrong.

I understand that because you think someone is wrong on the internet, you feel the need to pound your keyboard furiously in the hopes of proving yourself. It's enjoyable to watch and participate in.

5 new rogues and hunters getting [Mythic: The Desolate Host] achievement for Limit:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/illidan/Limit/news

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    27000 posts. Lmao.

Nothing edgy about it champ. Just surprised people care about people fighting AI mobs. It's not even an e-sport.
    Why do you care what people enjoy? Leave them alone.

I am in the same position I was before the hotfixes/nerf. The boss was mathematically impossible and they changed it. After the change, it was killable. Method killed it.

I understand you don't believe me and think that I'm wrong.

I understand that because you think someone is wrong on the internet, you feel the need to pound your keyboard furiously in the hopes of proving yourself. It's enjoyable to watch and participate in.
    You're pounding that keyboard just as hard champ. And the boss wasn't mathematically impossible. It just wasn't. You can (x) (y) and (z) yourself silly and it still doesn't change the fact that If (and thats a big if) it wasnt possible to kill, people just didn't have the gear for it yet. Another reset of gear would have seen it dead and it turns out it died first week anyway.

Yes I know there was a HP nerf but that was so early on that it's irrelevant because that's not where the majority of their pulls were and yes I understand that they nerfed an ability but that has nothing to do with a boss being mathematically impossible.

Do we know how the reclears are going for Easy and Limit?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunkus View Post

Yes I know there was a HP nerf but that was so early on that it's irrelevant because that's not where the majority of their pulls were and yes I understand that they nerfed an ability but that has nothing to do with a boss being mathematically impossible.
    Not only was sear damage per stack nerfed but tick rate at which boss gains said stack was also increased reducing his p2 damage ramp up massively.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    According to Heisenberg, it's mathematically impossible to know where they are and how fast they're going at the same time. So nobody knows!

Limit did 4/9M, may be wiping on Mistress due to changes?

Easy seems to have done 3 Heroic splits.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunkus View Post
    You're pounding that keyboard just as hard champ. And the boss wasn't mathematically impossible. It just wasn't. You can (x) (y) and (z) yourself silly and it still doesn't change the fact that [1.]If (and thats a big if) it wasnt possible to kill, people just didn't have the gear for it yet. Another reset of gear would have seen it dead and it turns out it died first week anyway.

Yes I know there was a HP nerf but that was so early on that it's irrelevant because that's not where the majority of their pulls were and yes I understand that [2]they nerfed an ability but that has nothing to do with a boss being mathematically impossible.
    1. That's what mathematically impossible is. If you can't do it with one raid lockout worth of max gear because the bosses health and abilities are overtuned, then you don't have the math no matter what that reset (i.e., DPS output) to beat the boss. Once you get a second lockout of gear, that extra math (i.e., ilevel and stats) allows you to beat the boss.

2. Nerfing an ability is corollary to mathematically impossibility--without the nerfs, it would be mathematically impossible for the healers to the keep the raids alive (e.g., they couldn't out-heal stacking debuff damage). Nerfing that allows the healers to beat the math (i.e., produce bigger healing numbers that damaged receive numbers over time). Just like without nerfing the HP, it would be mathematically impossible for the DPS to do enough damage to the boss before the healers can no longer out heal the damage output.

Oh, and I'm not pounding. You're a troll who feeds on whatever you can find. I'm simply providing you the sustenance you need for the time being until someone else on the internet says something you think is wrong and you berate them for hours until either 1) they give in; or 2) you give up.
    Last edited by Oftenwrongsoong; 2017-07-05 at 03:32 AM.

1. That's what mathematically impossible is. If you can't do it with one raid lockout worth of max gear because the bosses health and abilities are overtuned, then you don't have the math no matter what that reset (i.e., DPS output) to beat the boss. Once you get a second lockout of gear, that extra math (i.e., ilevel and stats) allows you to beat the boss.

2. Nerfing an ability is corollary to mathematically impossibility--without the nerfs, it would be mathematically impossible for the healers to the keep the raids alive (e.g., they couldn't out-heal stacking debuff damage). Nerfing that allows the healers to beat the math (i.e., produce bigger healing numbers that damaged receive numbers over time). Just like without nerfing the HP, it would be mathematically impossible for the DPS to do enough damage to the boss before the healers can no longer out heal the damage output.

Oh, and I'm not pounding. You're a troll who feeds on whatever you can find. I'm simply providing you the sustenance you need for the time being until someone else on the internet says something you think is wrong and you berate them for hours until either 1) they give in; or 2) you give up.
    You're being pedantic. Mathematically impossible is used when the boss has a hard enrage thats actually impossible to reach in the current gear. We don't know when/if the nerf actually happened during progress or simply wasn't updated online. Even if it was, I'm sure it was theoretically possible to survive to the hard enrage, they would have had players reaching that point.
    Tuning the mechanic so you dont have to rely on always being lucky with dark marks near the end being on people who could solo it so you don't take unnecessary damage doesn't change a fight from being mathematically impossible, just less rng dependent. That holy shock wouldn't have to crit to save someone, or that guy who had to use turtle/block for rupture realities, no longer has to because he didn't tick down so low, and therefore had it for a dark mark and lived.
    Obviously nerfing a mechanic makes it less mathematically taxing on the healing; sure, but unless it's ridiculously overtuned it's hardly an impossible barrier; where a health nerf of 5-10% where people are hitting hard enrages at 3-10% clearly is a gamechanger.

regardless of these so called nerfs people keep bashing on about, Method killed the boss, and no one else has. They all have the same boss to fight regardless of what nerfs came in, it looks like a one horse race now to the finish line.

10+ Year Old Account
    No insult intended, but nobody cares about NA. Probably exorsus' gonna get world 2nd later today

Quote Originally Posted by tonic316 View Post
    I don't get what this question is about (especially since the people in the picture are moving two goalposts and a crossbar to a new location, as opposed to widening the goal by moving one goalpost and extending the crossbar to make a goal easier which is probably what you were trying to get at).

I digress, technically speaking Blizzard moved the goalpost already to make the boss killable, why does it need to get moved again? Are you in Invictus or something? The nerfs that made the boss killable are enough for top tier guilds.
    Last edited by Oftenwrongsoong; 2017-07-05 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gHouLwiNg View Post
    No insult intended, but nobody cares about NA. Probably exorsus' gonna get world 2nd later today
    And by "nobody" you mean you, right? Thanks for your pointless contribution.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I think you're getting yourself confused.

Impossible - not able to occur, exist, or be done.

Had a guild progressing on the boss had everything go their way, the stars align, rng on procs, rng on mechanics and everything else that entails, the boss COULD have been killed before it was nerfed. That means it is POSSIBLE. Possible is NOT impossible.

Do I need to make the differences between possible and impossible more clear?

I hereby declare we use the term "Mathematically Implausible" to describe this scenario going forward

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy had 5 rogues in their last Mythic Harjatan kill half an hour ago. They're not nearly as geared as Method's
    HEROES NEVER DIE

Any info on how far method got into mythic after reset?