Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Thats why it was so beatiful to complete a set. See?
    There used to be prestige in wearing a set.
    And half the time you didn't because an off piece had better stats that looked nothing like the set.

Transmog is a blessing. It meant I could get the missing piece for my set instead of looking like a complete idiot. And it let people transmog out of some of the most ugliest sets in the game such as Hunter tier 19.

Stop pretending prestige still doesn't exist. Stop pretending your suggestion is prestige because it certainly isn't. Provide a proper example of prestige or just don't bother.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-05 at 03:08 AM.

Thats why it was so beatiful to complete a set. See?
    There used to be prestige in wearing a set.
    Completing a set is still possible and you still need to have the pieces to be able to transmog into. These two people can use mythic sets as their transmogs when they complete them AND they don't have to look horrible while gearing.

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    Completing a set is still possible and you still need to have the pieces to be able to transmog into. These two people can use mythic sets as their transmogs when they complete them AND they don't have to look horrible while gearing.
    But "mah prestige" yet you have to complete the difficulties to obtain the sets.

Deleted
    I am annoyed by almost all of this and most other mmorpgs elements. Played FF14 half a year ago - they fucking did the same in all dungeons than in wow: Some high ilvl dudes pulled all shit then aoed. Thats what mmorpg has become: pull all then aoe. if you then want to go further you need organized groups - better deliver on ranks or illegal addons. It's boring - all content got boring. I think mmorpg got boring.

Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    I am annoyed by almost all of this and most other mmorpgs elements. Played FF14 half a year ago - they fucking did the same in all dungeons than in wow: Some high ilvl dudes pulled all shit then aoed. Thats what mmorpg has become: pull all then aoe. if you then want to go further you need organized groups - better deliver on ranks or illegal addons. It's boring - all content got boring. I think mmorpg got boring.
    Uhm. Wrong thread I think mate.

You answered yourslef why you dont care about someone else gear. Because of transmog.

Otherwise we would be admiring eachother

I don't know.

I played Vanilla through MoP pretty solid and it was pretty rare when anyone's look grabbed my attention enough to investigate. In almost all cases that I can remember, it was a single piece of gear with some extra VFX on it... To emphasize, always a single piece of gear and never a set.

Basically, I never noticed what anyone was wearing unless it visually did things that normal gear did not do (and there was not a ton of that). Even though I didn't raid much back then, I was just never really drawn to the visuals of the gear on other players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Uhm. Wrong thread I think mate.
    what?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    what?????????????
    Well I don't see what dungeon pulling has to do with prestige.

Deleted
    let the guy share his thoughts man
    you are the leech of threads xD

I think it is their way of saying that what is wrong with the game is nothing to do with prestige, and more to do with how the play style has change (to a more zerg-rush style dungeon, instead of having to think / plan pulls).

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    I think it is their way of saying that what is wrong with the game is nothing to do with prestige, and more to do with how the play style has change (to a more zerg-rush style dungeon, instead of having to think / plan pulls).
    See you actually responded and helped clear my confusion.

But the whole point of dungeons nowadays is for them to be seen by anyone. They were never prestigious even in Vanilla tbh. I wouldn't call Dungeon mechanics such as CC prestige personally. I'd say it's more common sense for the situation.

They tried that with Cata though and look what happened. They brought back CC and everyone threw a tantrum about having to CC a mob and actually do mechanics on the boss. Which is why Mythic + exists now to remedy the situation.

- - - Updated - - -

let the guy share his thoughts man
    you are the leech of threads xD
    And welcome to ignore. Moment you start throwing about stuff like that is the moment I can't be bothered to even give you the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Instead of replying to ease my confusion you chose to reply with a comment like that?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-05 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Oh...that I did not know lol

http://imgur.com/0CLwv

that is what Judgement armor used to look like. And yeah, those are the set shoulders that were going to go with the other pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post

that is what Judgement armor used to look like. And yeah, those are the set shoulders that were going to go with the other pieces.
    That armor is hurting my eyes. Make it stop!

10+ Year Old Account

Well that is disturbing lol

Found this through some digging.

Deleted

Its so beautiful ; ) Thanks for sharing
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-05 at 04:51 AM.

Its so beautiful ; ) Thanks for sharing
    the recolor is still in game as a questing set so go get it!

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Dude BIS was often a hodgepodge of gear sets. Having a full set of the best gear in the game now is WAY more prestigious then it was pre cata (aside from t3) AND you can look cool.

Try again.
    Getting lucky from mythic plus is more prestigious that having full raid gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The sort of content paradigm that left most of the playerbase with sweet fuck all to do (oh hey let's raid Kara! again because all other raid content is for better players) just so that a chosen few could believe they're so cool because they see content nobody else did?

That design died after BC, for a very good reason. Blizzard cannot produce enough content to sustain it, it's either the hardcores getting the new stuff while plebs get thrown the table scraps, or they make everything easy so hardcores complain and have nothing to do anymore (IE Wrath level Naxx).

Blizzard designs for the entire playerbase. That includes the majority of players who don't do much more than normal Mythics and are LFR raiders, and couldn't possibly care less about prestige if they tried. Blizz tried to force it upon them, it was called the WoD LFR and it failed miserably at that.

And your exposition still doesn't answer why nobody gives a flying fuck about elite raiders, today, doing super hard content and getting cool exclusive rewards. Perhaps because prestige just isn't important for the vast majority of the playerbase?
    There's the thing though, you're saying it's all for better players, when that doesn't need to be the case. With 2 raid difficulties (which came about in WotLK) it allowed people two different difficulties, but also kept exactly what is being talked about; enough content for all. Is there really a problem with people seeing the content but at a slower pace because they need better gear / more time to learn strategy? I don't think so.

I seriously don't get the negativity and crappy attitude of the players that feel "If I'm not doing the current content I'm behind!" In Vanilla - WotLK there weren't tons of catch up mechanics if any at all. You always had people at every different level of dungeons and raids and it wasn't a problem. If you were behind so be it, the content was still there to do. In that time, the game didn't dip in subs at all. Sure, it was new, but even a new game, which we have seen tons and tons of time in other games, dip if they're not doing something right. Sorry, but I'm going to call it like I see it, if that old method was so crappy, WoW would have never been the great success it was with the constant numbers it showed through it's first three expansion.

It all does explain it though; there are very few exclusive rewards, what rewards there are are extremely similar to those in the below skill levels, and since everyone can see the content there's literally nothing to strive for other than extremely minor differences, which frankly aren't enough to have that prestige there and matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    I wonder how people would feel like this in real life, 99% of the people catering to the 1%.

- - - Updated - - -

Kind of agree. I think three difficulties is sufficient. Just need to make "LFR" a tool rather than a "tool and difficulty".

That is your "prestige" right there.

So more people, therefore less "prestige" was not a problem in the past?

Blizzard needs to provide content for everyone. If you consider developing content just for a minor percentage is good idea, I really like to hear the rest of your business plan. As a customer, you probably think it is great if you are in that minor percentage group. But the game is not only just about the minor percentage.

Blizzard should have probably made different content for different groups, but they have not. Why, they have not say.
    I think there was a different kind of prestige back then. You could be a normal 10-man raider and still feel relevant in the raiding community, and if you completed, lets say 10-man Kara and ZA, you could say you *were* in the top percentage of players that defeated the one and only difficulty. There was no Heroic Kara, there was no Mythic Kara. If you beat it, you beat it.

And I agree everyone needs content, but not everyone needs to raid. I think Blizzard is under the impression that people won't stay subbed unless they have an appropriate raiding difficulty for their skill level. I think this is extremely wrong.
    Last edited by Trapped; 2017-07-05 at 12:44 PM.
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain