Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Cool (Spoiler) 7.3/Argus exploration, not that fel'd

I was trying to find some screenshots of Mac'Aree on Google and found an incredible gallery of someone who managed to get a look at something else than our starting spot on Argus.
    gallery/0vZgE (add the imgur website in front of this to get the URL)

We thought it would be the Boring Shore 2.0 but it's actually very diversified. I also see some purple spirals over Mac'Aree, it looks like it is army of light VS the Void.

The rifts look cool too, some places remiding me of azuremist island (So, is that pre-fel Argus ?).

The raid looks creepy, it's like if Doom was created inside of WoW, I love it so much. Some kind of hellish Ulduar ?!

The only place looking like 7.2 is the starting area.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://imgur.com/gallery/0vZgE for those who want to see ( spoilers warning )
    Last edited by MORGATH99; 2017-07-05 at 05:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    Damn that raid area looks sick af!

Thank you for posting the link, I couldn't as I am new

The raid looks darker than everything we've seen before, it's beautiful

I see forest is fel'd

The rifts aren't part of Argus, but are instead other worlds that the Legion is threatening or has conquered. Sholoth, the icy one, is easily my favorite.

Very happy that they are both diverging from the clusterfuck of green, yet keeping true to how the Legion ruins things. Dark fel green and black fits for the outside of the raid, and the area that we first land, especially because it has the Xenedar's yellow, and Antorus' blood red to contrast. The contrast of colors is what was missing from the Broken Shore. That said, Mac'Aree is shaping up to be one of my favorite zones. I love the divergence into a void theme instead of all fel on Argus itself, and I think that making PART of the final patch themed towards the next expansion is much better than making the entire patch themed towards the next expansion (cough a year of demonic HFC leading into Legion).

Deleted
    The raid actually looks amazing for once.

Not being:
    a) the usual legion building (like the ships, which black/green design)
    b) the usual titan building (like the underground floor of ToS)

Quote Originally Posted by Memesiah View Post
    The rifts look cool too, some places remiding me of azuremist island (So, is that pre-fel Argus ?).
    No, those are most probably other worlds all-together.

After all they did state we would be utilizing Legion's portal-system to go to other worlds (most probably scenarios much alike the legion-assault ones).
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2017-07-05 at 05:46 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    holy fuck balls, that macaree has plants at all fucking amazes me
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Seems cool so far. Looking forward to Felduar.

Pretty sure the Argus Rift pictures are the "other" legion worlds you bamf off to via the beacons you loot from nearby KJ's crashed ship.

Fuck that is soo cool. The raid area reminds me of Ratchet and Clank for some reason.

It looks very nice though... I'm annoyed that my brain suddenly thought... "Darksiders".

I can now see why 7.2 was a little lacklustre... Everyone was building this!
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-05 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    HURR DURR IT IS LIKE BROKEN SHORE

- every monkeys on mmo c

I would love to see whole expansion on that icy planet. Areas completely covered in ice/snow, no warm places, no oasis places.

Using the skybox to "expand" the city like that is pretty damn clever. It looks like Mario Kart's Mushroom Kingdom when you look down from Rainbow Road.

Does that Void-blackhole-puddle look good in motion?

ok, that expanded mac'aree in the background pleases me mightily.

i was so disappointed with it being like the size of WoD's elodor or something. but that matches some of the grandeur of the draenei's claims about it over the years. i am pleased indeed.

the rifts aren't as alien as i was hoping. but oh well.

Deleted
    Looks really good, is there any more information on the Rifts?

10+ Year Old Account
    I explored quite a bit of the new area myself and definitely did not get the normal 'fel lol' vibe from it. Yes there are areas full of that shit, but there's a ton of unique art assets as the screenshots in this topic show.

Its a shame that so many mouthbreathers insta-wrote this patch off as 'omg looks like brokn shore' because no, it really doesn't.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Mac'Aree looks like c+p of Karabor, but Antorus looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    holy fuck balls, that macaree has plants at all fucking amazes me
    It's their capital and despite joining the Legion Eredar are civilized race gifted with magics. Doesn't surprise they want to keep at least some important part of their world in some sort of good condition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the rifts aren't as alien as i was hoping. but oh well.
    They are limited with assets they can use for the rifts. The art team is very preoccupied with the three Argus zones and the raid and all of the new models creature models, so they don't have much time to make unique props for these small instances. They have to re-use and remix existing assets from the game files.