Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If patrick Stewart played the doctor.

Let's face it, patrick Stewart has excelled in virtually every role he's played. Would you support it of he was to play the doctor on doctor who?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    The world needs more Gurney Halleck
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Let's face it, patrick Stewart has excelled in virtually every role he's played. Would you support it of he was to play the doctor on doctor who?
    He is a bit old and we still at least til Christmas have a older doctor. That said he would have made a excellent doctor more so a decade or so ago he would have been masterful and still could but like i said already played that card. I for one and i know he was an american but still would have loved to see Philip Seymour Hoffman play the doctor.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Patrick Stewart's acting.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    It's ok to be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take that back !

10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would he lower himself to that?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Take that back !
    I never watched Star Trek, so maybe I'm missing a large part of the equation.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

It's funny, I keep forgetting he's English...

I think that with the right approach to the character he could knock it out of the park.

Have you seen him in Logan?

Stand out performance of the film if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Doctor Who is beneath Sir Patrick.

I have never been a huge dr who fan, only really watched 2-3 seasons of the newer stuff. But if Patrick Stewart became the doctor i would watch the entirety of the series, old and new, just out of respect for the brilliant casting.

People keep saying things like playing The Doctor is "so physically demanding" yet it seems to me actors generally act well into their 60s and 70s without issue on television in the U.S. What's so physically demanding about it? He has to lightly jog somewhere sometimes?

I honestly don't understand how Doctor Who is somehow more demanding than say, NCIS, and that dude is old too. And they put out like 23 episodes a year.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    People keep saying things like playing The Doctor is "so physically demanding" yet it seems to me actors generally act well into their 60s and 70s without issue on television in the U.S. What's so physically demanding about it? He has to lightly jog somewhere sometimes?

I honestly don't understand how Doctor Who is somehow more demanding than say, NCIS, and that dude is old too. And they put out like 23 episodes a year.
    Mark Harmon (Gibs), is getting up there yeah, along with Duckey ;-)

Ps. When Anthony left the show, i stopped watching it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you watch his Shakespearean works then?
    Yes, in pop culture Stewart is famous for playing Captain Picard in the Startrek franchise. Or more recently his role as Prof Xavier in the X men franchise.
    But his title as Sir did not come from that.
    He's a highly regarded actor with an immense wide range of roles under his belt.
    Maybe try watching his serious stuff instead?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svad1287 View Post
    Mark Harmon (Gibs), is getting up there yeah, along with Duckey ;-)
    Harmon is 65. McCallum (Ducky) is 83.
    Age is just a number really.
    Ps. When Anthony left the show, i stopped watching it.
    Why would you do that?
    They compensated nicely for Weatherly's exit actually. Plus now one gets to watch 2 shows. NCIS and Bull. lol
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Did you watch his Shakespearean works then?
    Yes, in pop culture Stewart is famous for playing Captain Picard in the Startrek franchise. Or more recently his role as Prof Xavier in the X men franchise.
    But his title as Sir did not come from that.
    He's a highly regarded actor with an immense wide range of roles under his belt.
    Maybe try watching his serious stuff instead?

- - - Updated - - -

Harmon is 65. McCallum (Ducky) is 83.
    Age is just a number really.
    Why would you do that?
    They compensated nicely for Weatherly's exit actually. Plus now one gets to watch 2 shows. NCIS and Bull. lol
    The dynamic between Weatherly and the rest of the group, was superb, the lass, who took over (the one who was partnered up with Donni Walberg in BB) I cant see her in the NCIS, but ill give it a go, if you say they are still rocking ;-)

What is "Bull"?

Quote Originally Posted by Svad1287 View Post
    The dynamic between Weatherly and the rest of the group, was superb, the lass, who took over (the one who was partnered up with Donni Walberg in BB) I cant see her in the NCIS, but ill give it a go, if you say they are still rocking ;-)

What is "Bull"?
    Its the show he is on now. I only watched a couple episodes but couldnt get into it. I liked him better as Tony.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bull_(2016_TV_series)

A TV courtroomish drama series revolving around a bunch of guys who work for a Jury Consulting agency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: July 13, 1940 (age 76), Mirfield, United Kingdom
    Height: 5′ 10″
    Residence: Brooklyn, New York, U.S. Cotswolds, England, UK
    Spouse: Sunny Ozell (m. 2013), Wendy Neuss (m. 2000–2003), Sheila Falconer (m. 1966–1990)
    Children: Daniel Stewart, Sophie Alexandra Stewart

He's 76, don't watch Dr Who it's too far along for me to watch and catch up to understand but, Sir Stewart is 76!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    He is too old. Peter Capaldi is so far the oldest person to take the role (I think he was 56 or 55?) and being the doctor can be very physically demanding.
    Patrick Stewart looks A LOT better then Capaldi, even while being much older. And Patrick Stewart probably has about 10 times his physique, even while being 77 or so. SO not sure what you're getting at.

Hell I'm 30 and this guy has a better physique most probably.

Deleted
    Terry Crews should be the next Doctor.