Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Finally got to see it, and I really enjoyed it. Solid film and Patty Jenkins gets a lot of credit (deserved or not) for saving us from another Snyder-esque pile of garbage. It feels so weird to watch a DC movie and not have a laundry list of either major gripes or small nits to pick. Hell it feels even weirder to desire a sequel for a DC movie! I really hope we explore more of Diana's history, and see what else pushed her away from the world of man, since as bad as her ending was for her on a personal level, I'm not sure if that would be enough to just give up. Perhaps the a-bombs being dropped would be, though.

Deleted
    My 2 complaints with the film are that I wish they'd not have the romance between Wonder Woman and Chris Pines character, feel like they could have quiten easily had the same emotionally impact if they'd instead focused on the bonds between the squad, and maybe fleshed them out a bit more, so instead of WW learning about romantic love she would learn about platonic love, because imo she didn't really learn about love, she learnt about lust.

And then the final battle, feel like they could have gone a different way with it, something like battling the god of war makes him stronger so they need to find another way to defeat him, would have felt better than a generic cgi hack and slash imo.

that movie was pure garbage

Not as bad as superman but close enough. Miles away from Batman.

The "twist" was very predictable. Called it as soon as we saw the character but movie was decent enough. Gal gadot owned the role and damn she is fine to look at

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved it. Even though I guessed several of the twists early on, I loved the movie.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by catablitz View Post
    Not as bad as superman but close enough. Miles away from Batman.
    Uh, what Batman are you referring to?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    -1 for Gal Gadot. Amazon with such a nose is a joke
    Wow.

Well, ignoring the undertones, would you prefer a proper Greek nose?

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Honestly I don't get the hype. At max probably a 6 out of 10 for me. Gal Gadot imo was the only actual good thing in it, and perhaps Chris Pine. But the story was kind of weak and in most of the movie not much happened.
    Side characters had no depth whatsoever. The plot twist was kinda expected, and while I love the actor, it's kind of a lame God of WAR.

Also, besides Gadot, most of the foreign accents were quite lame.

So again, besides Gal Gadot being one of the prettiest people to look at on a big screen, and her performance to be great, I found most of the movie to be a bit of a bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Uh, what Batman are you referring to?
    Yeah. He says "Batman was better" seemingly forgetting we've had multiple Batmans. I mean, Tim Burton's is the only movie called "Batman", so does he mean that one? And likewise, what Supermanl? He said "Superman" was better, so I don't know if he's referring to the Christopher Reeve version(cause that's the one called "Superman"), or if it was meant to mean Man of Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    My 2 complaints with the film are that I wish they'd not have the romance between Wonder Woman and Chris Pines character, feel like they could have quiten easily had the same emotionally impact if they'd instead focused on the bonds between the squad, and maybe fleshed them out a bit more, so instead of WW learning about romantic love she would learn about platonic love, because imo she didn't really learn about love, she learnt about lust.
    Holy slut shaming there Batman. Totally a great and correct interpretation there.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    And then the final battle, feel like they could have gone a different way with it, something like battling the god of war makes him stronger so they need to find another way to defeat him, would have felt better than a generic cgi hack and slash imo.
    That is exactly what happened. Did you not watch the movie? She showed mercy to Dr. Poison and was moved by Trevor's sacrifice. That disrupted Ares' power and empowered WW.

So, did Wonder Woman come and was it a hit?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    That would be a resounding yes

I semi called it too when I said I wouldnt be surprised if this was the first DC film to not suck for awhile

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...onderwoman.htm

Its foreign box office is a hair low compared to Suicide Squad and BvS but its still a money maker.

bedazzled starfish

Just saw this last night with the wife, I was really impressed. It was a great movie, nice to see DC get something right.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

It has now passed Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2 when they were both on day 38 in release.
    WW $368,786,191
    GotG2 $366,431,539

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So not a hit then.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    So not a hit then.
    Havent even hit DVD/blu ray sales yet and nearly 400million. I would like to see what you consider a hit. Michael jackson thriller? Avatar? Sorry not everything breaks records

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    So not a hit then.
    It's a very good result for just a $150M budget.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Havent even hit DVD/blu ray sales yet and nearly 400million. I would like to see what you consider a hit. Michael jackson thriller? Avatar? Sorry not everything breaks records
    Hits do. You know?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side