Poll: Tinker as a playable class in WoW - Yes or No?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Well let's consider that mechs are popular in WoW, and the cinematic of Gelbin owning demons in a mech was popular.

I really don't think a Gnome/Goblin class piloting mechs would be unpopular. I think people are pulling too much from the Monk situation seemingly forgetting that Monks came out of literally nowhere. I was on this site before MoP dropped, and I don't remember people asking for Monks the way people ask for Tinkers.
    thats because people asked for brewmasters. brewmasters were a very popular class idea in vanilla and tbc and still got a good chunk of requests in wrath and cata.

blizzard just took the brewmasters and expanded it outwards instead of inwards. they may not have used the word monks but they were still asking for them.

i think if they gave them the mechs and some other cool cosmetic stuff they would do well but they would really have to push the pr. we live in an era where adventure time and steven universe are really popular, weird and goofy are in now more than ever they just have to market it right and show it off more
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Dark Ranger deserves to be the next class.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Again: the mages have countless spells to defend them. From magic armor to spell barriers. Mages wear cloth because heavier clothing interferes with spellcasting, at least according to the official website: "To avoid interference with their spellcasting, magi wear only cloth armor, but arcane shields and enchantments give them additional protection."

Now why do shamans wear mail and not cloth? It is not specified why, but considering you're acting as the mediator between four warring element planes (air, earth, fire and water), you do need to protect yourself.

The tinkers would be well protected inside their mechs. Anything more than cloth would be redundant for protection, but leather is still acceptable.

Um... one more reason to not wear mail or plate. That shit ain't soft, and cushions nothing.

that does not look like "protected inside mech" yes mostly, but still
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    thats because people asked for brewmasters. brewmasters were a very popular class idea in vanilla and tbc and still got a good chunk of requests in wrath and cata.
    I don't remember that at all. Could you post a link to a few of those threads?

I'd say no, but wouldn't put it off completely, they did after all make a melee spec for hunters lol

10+ Year Old Account
    tinker class post - yes or no poll pls

Fucking no already.. Did the other milion threads were not enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Before Legion there were several polls between Demon Hunters and Tinker's, and the Tinker gave the DH a run for it's money. In some cases it actually polled better. Make no mistake, the Tinker is a VERY popular concept.
    Pretty sure that's nothing more than wishful thinking. Being a "very popular concept" in the community doesn't make it likely to be popular for Blizzard at all.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-07-05 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Would much rather see Warden, or Spellbreaker, or something else entirely new(Voidmage? Nagamancer? xD )

Goblin and Gnome tech is a joke. It's comic relief. Not something you center an entire expansion or class around unless you also want your entire class or expansion to be a joke.
    Pandas....

On topic though, no. I do not want another tank class. All the proposed specs are dps and tank. Demon hunters were tanks, give us a healer this time!
    Majority of my characters are gnomes, they're me favorite race by far, however, I still don't think a Tinker spec based on that technologies would be very exciting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post

The Anti-Tinker vote is split 5 different ways. The only "class" option other than Tinker that could standalone in this game currently is Necromancer, and 4th specs etc. dilutes the value of the poll more.
    You've got a point there. But I didn't want to post a yes/no poll for every class. Feel free to vote and comment to bump the poll back to page 4. As it stands now more people wants Tinker than Shadow Hunter, Dark Ranger and Necromancer combined, but less than those who wish for class revamp. Vrykul are the least popular race choice while subraces are very much requested and Azshara has nearly 3 times as much votes as Bolvar for the main villain.

No. Zero interest in the class. Tired of seeing people trying to force this idea into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

that does not look like "protected inside mech" yes mostly, but still
    Can you please change your sig. You have been asked a few times by others.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    You've got a point there. But I didn't want to post a yes/no poll for every class. Feel free to vote and comment to bump the poll back to page 4. As it stands now more people wants Tinker than Shadow Hunter, Dark Ranger and Necromancer combined, but less than those who wish for class revamp. Vrykul are the least popular race choice while subraces are very much requested and Azshara has nearly 3 times as much votes as Bolvar for the main villain.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post46101358

This poll pitted the Tinker against the Necromancer and the Bard. Tinker won pretty comfortably.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Pretty sure that's nothing more than wishful thinking. Being a "very popular concept" in the community doesn't make it likely to be popular for Blizzard at all.
    Considering that they've placed multiple mech mounts in the game, showed prominent goblins fighting in mechs, and showed Gelbin fighting in a mech, it definitely gives the impression that the concept is quite popular with Blizzard.

Typically you don't keep doing it if you don't like it right?

That said, why is the Tinker concept so popular among WoW players?

+It's one of the few (if only) class concepts that doesn't trample over existing classes.
    +it's one of the few (if only) class concepts that can perform physical ranged differently than Hunters.
    +It could have a tank or healing spec without feeling contrived or stretching the boundaries of its lore.
    +It has a strong basis and history in Warcraft lore, and is used by prominent WoW NPCs.
    + It is a class concept that taps an unused class theme (technology).
    Last edited by Rhamses; 2017-07-05 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Can you please change your sig. You have been asked a few times by others.
    What's wrong with their sig?
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Any fusion between

Wildstar Engineer
    Torchlight Engineer
    War3 TfT Tinker

Would be cool af

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Definitely not. For a number of reasons:
    -Ghostcrawler was right, Tinkers are too whimsical
    -WoW's technological aspect is better off being left in the background
    -Treads on Survival Hunter.
    1. What is considered whimsical is open to opinion.
    2. WoW's technological aspect has been front in center for multiple expansions; Blackfuse tech at the end of MoP, Iron Horde tech in WoD, and Burning Legion tech in Legion.
    3. Survival Hunter has 1 Grenade talent. Saying that the Tinker class treads on Survival because of that single talent is laughable considering that Tinkers might not even use grenades. It's especially laughable considering that you support a Necromancer class.

No

I still believe that WoW is missing support roles instead of just another Tank,DPS,Heal...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    we still havent gotten a gnome in an expansion cinematic yet
    There's a gnome in the Legion cinematic.

You're welcome.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    sub classes? and do you have a list of these?
    Troll Shadowhunter/witchdoctor, Elven/human rangers, Tauren/dwarf Runemasters (melee mages), Elven Spellbreaker (if anything NH showed us warrior needs a magic focused tank too off set the physical focused Prot spec.)
    There are others, look around they are easy to find. My general opinion is that Tinker could be cool, but it's a whole class. I honestly think it would be better for other classes too get variety since they've all been the same since vanilla. Mage getting a melee spec and a new race. Warrior getting a much needed magic focused tank, hunter getting a utility spec (I always imagine ranger as a ranged utility, buffs/debuffs etc.), and shaman getting a ranged dps spec that plays more like enhance, with new lore that brings in the loa to the shaman class.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musaik View Post
    These duplicate threads are really starting to get out of hand.
    That's what I said years ago regarding the tinker class threads!