Page 11 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    That isn't stalking, that's investigative journalism.
    And - again - if the kid had his personal information openly accessible, it's his own fault.
    He literally invited others to find it. To look it up.
    Doxxing is a little bit different, a little bit, but that's an important piece.
    If I happen to breach into your otherwise by yourself protected private information and possibly even obtain more of it, to then post it for all the world to see.. That is doxxing..
    But, if I would access your openly accessible forum profile info here, or your facebook profile and then post that information somewhere else that isn't doxxing.
    You've published that information yourself already.
    "Doxing (from dox, abbreviation of documents), or doxxing, is the Internet-based practice of researching and broadcasting private or identifiable information (especially personally identifiable information) about an individual or organization."

If your name is blueberrymuffins, and you mention your hometown somewhere in a forum post, and i find a few information about you then search social media platforms to find you, and then publish facebook profile, your identity, your photos and basically reveal your identity using a public platform for my numerous followers, that is doxing. the article clearly states that they used this method to track down this guy. whether or not other people are also capable of doing that is not relevant, if a house can be broken into by dozens of people, that doesn't mean it should be broken into.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Ok, but did they threaten to DOX him at that point. From reading the article it doesn't appear so..
    CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.

what part of this sentence is not clear? this is in the article they wrote about this whole ordeal. even if they weren't doing that on the phone they sure as hell are doing it now.

Since when its normal for probably the second world most known news outlet ( after BBC) to go after somebody for creating a mean meme about them and then threatening this person with releasing his personal information ( considering how many crazy liberals we have in our country, its pretty much a beat up sentence if not something more serious).

Just think about it.

thug news.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Let's not, I agree with authoritarianism if I agree with it, because I wouldn't agree with it unless I was 100% convince and agreed with those in charge of being authority, and their process.
    Cool tautology, but I think you're saying that authoritarianism is good if you agree with the authority executing it? This doesn't surprise me, but know you're in a strong minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    The kid sent a dick pick essentially to CNN and he got burned, guess he should watch those curves being so fast and all.
    Yes, that's an exactly breakdown of the event, no hyperbole at all.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    If he did nothing wrong, then he should have no problem with people knowing about it. After all, if anyone actually brings violence against him or his family, they are the ones breaking the law, so why does he not want to take responsibility for his actions?

Why are you guys so much against responsibility for one's actions?
    I totally agree with you. I have a big speaker in front of my house where i publicly advertise when my neighbors go on holiday and when they are not home. I mean if someone steals stuff from them they're breaking the law so it's perfectly fine. Can you give me your address please? I mean you've said things on this forum and you need to take responsibility (whatever that means) for them. Also, what's your name again?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wut? Literally just went there to check and that's what the search bar put up for suggested searches...
    Crying wolf does not necessitate the existence of a lupine in any way, shape or form.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    How is this authoritarianism?
    It's a reduction of personal freedom to benefit an authority.
    I am the lucid dream

Stay classy - reported.
    didnt know that telling the truth on the basis of his insane message is against the rules. alright lets check it out.

thanks for your snowflakery tho

I am amazed that people are condoning CNN's actions. I was being kind of sarcastic with my first post. No doubt that the people defending CNN would take issue if the kid in question was in their side of the political arena. Then doxxing would be wrong, full stop. You can't claim a moral highground if the "offense" in question is only an offense if the right person is doing it. It is either ok, or it isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Why would the world care? And doesn't that sort of discredit the claim that twitter is manipulating whats trending?
    See my previous comment about crying wolf.

Deleted
    Why would you post something online without wanting to be related to the content that you published?
    Why would you post something that you are not man enough stand behind?

I could understand it if you live in a dictatorship were you will be killed for talking shit about the dictator, but if you live in a free country and you say person xyz raped person xyz even though it never happened, I don't see a problem with holding the person accountable to have made such statement.

I don't really don't understand why so many people are so incredibly weak that all they have is their anonymity behind their PC screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Cool tautology, but I think you're saying that authoritarianism is good if you agree with the authority executing it? This doesn't surprise me, but know you're in a strong minority.
    Yes exactly correct. I am in the minority but not about that, thus why Trump is President as I was one of the first on here to predict.

Yes, that's an exactly breakdown of the event, no hyperbole at all.
    It isn't complicated, nor is it the first or last time.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Where did they threaten him? He was the one who brought up the issue of DOXXing, not CNN.
    I think you missed this part in the article - "CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change."

How is this authoritarianism?

- - - Updated - - -

Booo-fucking-hooo.

I support CNN doing this, although I think they should have revealed his name instead.
    have you joined your local antifa already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone defending CNN, basically supports the following:

"If you disagree with me, you are a idiot. Because you are an idiot you will shut up. If you do not shut up I will MAKE you shut up by banning you, or killing you. If that does not work then I will name and shame you and force compliance because you are an idiot. I have the moral and mental superiority here. See, I am right, you are wrong. I have the power, and you do not. You dare disagree with me? You dare speak out of turn?"

Infracted.

Infracted for Forbidden Topics. Fake infractions.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2017-07-05 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    If you're going to bash CNN, at least provide the full source as to why they're doing it:

http://archive.is/pOeeh

"This user has deleted their account."

What a pussy, lmfao.

Do we really need two threads for this unsubstantiated rumour ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Anyone defending CNN, basically supports the following
    Nothing to defend, they did nothing wrong.... just more Trump supporters trying to kill main stream professional news.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

But CNN is not an authority by any definition.
    They have the ability to influence, which is one of the definitions of authority.
    I am the lucid dream

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Idk, fox news and CNN are equally as bad tbh. Fox news did after all run several stories just to attack Obama, they're no different than CNN at all.

I think the only chance we've got at a truly neutral media in the future would be the likes of Phillip DeFranco, so I hope his projects will turn out successful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Do we really need two threads for this unsubstantiated rumour ?

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing to defend, they did nothing wrong.... just more Trump supporters trying to kill main stream professional news.
    Stop trying to convert the dialogue to a different topic. I could be a Clinton supporter and this would be equally egregious.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Gremlin View Post
    Idk, fox news and CNN are equally as bad tbh. Fox news did after all run several stories just to attack Obama, they're no different than CNN at all.

I think the only chance we've got at a truly neutral media in the future would be the likes of Phillip DeFranco, so I hope his projects will turn out successful.
    Yeah, Fox is crap as well. I consider neither valid news outlets as they deal more in propaganda than anything.

Same goes for the likes of Breitbart.