Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4pc T20 Haste vs Mastery

Hi,

i just get my 4pc t20 Bonus yesterday. No i dont know what stat i should go, haste or mastery.
    Icy-Veins for example says that with 4pc t20 mastery is over haste but all the other sources says haste > mastery.

Since iam not the best with simc and co i really dont know what i should go for.

I wanted to post my char here but iam not allowed to post links on my first Post. My Char is "Loknok" on Blackmoore if someone need this information

What about the side "Raidbots.com" ? it is close to simc?

thanks so far
    greez Lok

Yes. Raidbots is SimC, but does the computation in the clou. You can sim stat weights using raidbots.
    Please do one thing on the forums, read the whole post first, form an opinion, and then state whether you agree or disagree.

there isn't a need to overthink it as the stats are really close for destro. Basically just go for ilvl. For me about 30% haste feels right and I don't like too much more but from a simcraft perspective its all about just getting high ilvl gear.

Its a very forgiving spec in term of gearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    there isn't a need to overthink it as the stats are really close for destro. Basically just go for ilvl. For me about 30% haste feels right and I don't like too much more but from a simcraft perspective its all about just getting high ilvl gear.

Its a very forgiving spec in term of gearing.
    That definitly isnt the case with demo, but not sure what spec he is refering to.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemlol View Post
    That definitly isnt the case with demo, but not sure what spec he is refering to.
    Sure. With demo the answer is always haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Loknok View Post
    Hi,

i just get my 4pc t20 Bonus yesterday. No i dont know what stat i should go, haste or mastery.
    Icy-Veins for example says that with 4pc t20 mastery is over haste but all the other sources says haste > mastery.

Since iam not the best with simc and co i really dont know what i should go for.

I wanted to post my char here but iam not allowed to post links on my first Post. My Char is "Loknok" on Blackmoore if someone need this information

What about the side "Raidbots.com" ? it is close to simc?

thanks so far
    greez Lok
    Icy-veins is NOT a viable, accurate, or even good source of information for any class. It never actually was, you can find better information on wowhead. Now assuming you are talking about Destruction, your current stat weights are

Crit 19.61 - > Mastery 18.76 -> Vers 18.3 -> Haste 17.43

pawn string : ( Pawn: v1: "loknok - Destruction (Raidbots)": Class=Warlock, Spec=Destruction, Intellect=16.99, CritRating=19.61, HasteRating=17.43, MasteryRating=18.76, Versatility=18.30 )

Sim yourself, its all going to depend on your gear.

For instance my stat weights have haste being 3rd, but everything is so insanely close that its really just whatever nets me the most stat.

The one thing mastery offers over other stats all things equal is that its a flat guaranteed damage increase to your main source of priority damage. But really just gear for ilvl and avoid trying to go too far into any 1 stat.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

11k haste 11k mastery 7k crit 4K vers here (I wear prydaz and 860 crystal).

Haste>mastery=crit>vers>. Haste mastery and crit are between 23-24 vers 22 and int 20

I love our 4pc and feels great, especially when we cleave. Im enjoying my high mastery build.

Deleted
    im thinking is it worth enchanting and gemming for mastery. Just got 4/4 with old 2/4 77% mastery with haste enchants. is worth dropping haste to 22-23% with the new set still good dps gain and bolts hit 2.2m average and up to 3m with SH.

- - - Updated - - -

I had before 4/4 old set 31% haste 1k more int and bis lege lessons + feretory but its worth going t20 4/4 and t19 2/4 with prydaz and ferotory and only 23% haste with 77% mastery(had 59% with t19). Spec feels heavier and more powerfull, but i miss lessons though.

Quote Originally Posted by VooDsXo View Post
    Icy-veins is NOT a viable, accurate, or even good source of information for any class. It never actually was, you can find better information on wowhead. Now assuming you are talking about Destruction, your current stat weights are

Crit 19.61 - > Mastery 18.76 -> Vers 18.3 -> Haste 17.43

pawn string : ( Pawn: v1: "loknok - Destruction (Raidbots)": Class=Warlock, Spec=Destruction, Intellect=16.99, CritRating=19.61, HasteRating=17.43, MasteryRating=18.76, Versatility=18.30 )
    What i don't understand is, why is the software SimulationCraft for windows giving completly different results than this site raidbots? It differs actually pretty hard, the one suggests like HASTE as #1 and the site HASTE as #3 stat etc. So either of those both is wrong, I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    What i don't understand is, why is the software SimulationCraft for windows giving completly different results than this site raidbots? It differs actually pretty hard, the one suggests like HASTE as #1 and the site HASTE as #3 stat etc. So either of those both is wrong, I guess.
    Raidbots is using SimulationCraft.

Differences can comes from :
    -your character setup (same stuff / same talent) but let's hope that it isn't the case.
    -The fight Setup (length of the fight, number of boss, type of fight : patchwerk / small movement / heavy movement / etc ...)
    -The SimulationCraft version (you may have an outdated one ?)
    -The RNG (results aren't always the same and depends of the number of iteration) but it should only happens if the stats are really close to each other.

7+ Year Old Account
    Apart from trinkets (which differ in procs) you should always go for ilvl, that is - intellect.

Source: Bangerzdots (method site - warlock guide; his youtube guide)
    Burn it. BURN IT!

If you're not manually updating your Simc to the latest nightly build, then you will most likely get a huge variation in results.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryg View Post
    Raidbots is using SimulationCraft.

Differences can comes from :
    -your character setup (same stuff / same talent) but let's hope that it isn't the case.
    -The fight Setup (length of the fight, number of boss, type of fight : patchwerk / small movement / heavy movement / etc ...)
    -The SimulationCraft version (you may have an outdated one ?)
    -The RNG (results aren't always the same and depends of the number of iteration) but it should only happens if the stats are really close to each other.
    i always updat to the latest version that is av. on the homepage. Really strange and confusing sometimes. For now i look at my simulationcraft programm/addon instead of raidbots.

i always updat to the latest version that is av. on the homepage. Really strange and confusing sometimes. For now i look at my simulationcraft programm/addon instead of raidbots.
    Well the release version was still the 7.2 one until two days ago so if you were using that you would have been getting very inaccurate results for our current patch.

Just to add on to Stryg's comprehensive list Raidbots, if you use the base settings, uses the weekly release and hence that may differ from an official or nightly simulationcraft build.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    Apart from trinkets (which differ in procs) you should always go for ilvl, that is - intellect.

Overall that is a good rule of thumb. But it falls flat a bit with rings and necklaces since they don't have intellect. Even with the standard armor if the differences are small (5 item levels) it may come out to about even, especially if the lower item has a gem slot and the other one doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaman View Post
    Overall that is a good rule of thumb. But it falls flat a bit with rings and necklaces since they don't have intellect. Even with the standard armor if the differences are small (5 item levels) it may come out to about even, especially if the lower item has a gem slot and the other one doesn't.
    Unless your gear is incredibly biased towards 1 stat our stats are so close in value that ilvl almost always wins out even on jewelry. The situations where that isn't true are usually very niche.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Unless your gear is incredibly biased towards 1 stat our stats are so close in value that ilvl almost always wins out even on jewelry. The situations where that isn't true are usually very niche.
    This is very true. I have simmed alot and the stats are very close together. I have 6/6 diabolic and no matter what setup its always worth drop lessons and use 4/4 and 2/4.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post

For Destro sure. Not for Aff. and definetly not for Demo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    For Destro sure. Not for Aff. and definetly not for Demo.
    Yeah I just assumed he was talking about destro because 4P T20 makes you scratch your head about mastery since up until you get it you pretty much ignore it.
    Burn it. BURN IT!