Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    They are limited with assets they can use for the rifts. The art team is very preoccupied with the three Argus zones and the raid and all of the new models creature models, so they don't have much time to make unique props for these small instances. They have to re-use and remix existing assets from the game files.
    i mean, i just hope we see aliens. either as part of the army of light, or in these rifts.

most fertile, life giving planets likely look similar. that's okish. i just want to see some of the species inhabiting them.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    holy fuck balls, that macaree has plants at all fucking amazes me
    it make no sense even when its pretty
    because Argus was ment to be a legion strong hold
    why the hell that legion attack other planet when they didn't even fully conquered argus
    they made it into a patch and not an expansion because that Argus should look that its a fully legion,burned and void dark place
    and now they still mix stuff WTF!! its very bad lore wise
    Last edited by Farrarie; 2017-07-05 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i mean, i just hope we see aliens. either as part of the army of light, or in these rifts.

most fertile, life giving planets likely look similar. that's okish. i just want to see some of the species inhabiting them.
    Same resource problem there, even more pronounced. Making different shaped and colored trees is easy enough, but designing unique creatures for the portals? That's the kind of stuff that "costs a raid tier".

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Mac'Aree looks like c+p of Karabor, but Antorus looks awesome.
    How surprising that Draenic architecture looks the same.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

That raid area looks absolutely fantastic! The way they use the light in there really seem to make a difference.

I really hope to see more stuff at the rifts though. They may add specific conditions to the areas like blizzards (similar to the one in Arathi Basin Brawl), firestorms, gravity changes, absurdly large/small creatures etc. Basically stuff, that makes you really feel you are on an alien planet, not at some other random zone of Azeroth.

Same resource problem there, even more pronounced. Making different shaped and colored trees is easy enough, but designing unique creatures for the portals? That's the kind of stuff that "costs a raid tier".
    maybe so, but it's time for this. the army of light is touted as this army of not just draenei, but refugees and survivors of all sorts of worlds razed by the legion.

it's time to see some aliens. anything less is bad storytelling.

maybe so, but it's time for this. the army of light is touted as this army of not just draenei, but refugees and survivors of all sorts of worlds razed by the legion.

Honestly I never expected there to be more than Draenei on the initial AoL push and after that Azerothian races, especially as patch content. For a full expansion we mgith get bit more unique creature models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy sh**. Those screenshots!! AMAZING ! *_*

Deleted

Pretty sure they are leaving the juicy stuff for 8.0 I mean why desing a bunch of new creatures for a zone most people will be sick to death of after spending at least half a year there.

I had hoped for more too but perhaps we haven't seen all they have to offer.

I do agree it's stupid to tease us with these if there isn't really anything worth showing off.

Quote Originally Posted by stablon View Post
    I really hope to see more stuff at the rifts though. They may add specific conditions to the areas like blizzards (similar to the one in Arathi Basin Brawl), firestorms, gravity changes, absurdly large/small creatures etc. Basically stuff, that makes you really feel you are on an alien planet, not at some other random zone of Azeroth.
    Not disagreeing, but I always find it funny how people think alien/extra-terrestrial (or extra-Azerothian) has to mean "absolutely different!". WoD's Draenor hit a good balance of similarity and strangeness (when compared to Azeroth, of course)
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

damn those screenshots HYPE ME UP! this is amazing, playing since day 1 of BC and this is the BEST expansion ever created. no doubt. amazing work!

10+ Year Old Account
    *cries in art*

It's so feltacular *-*

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pity we won't have flying on Argus as I'd kill to see all that landscape from the air. (Not a criticism, I just want to take it all in).
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

The centre piece for me is the huge planet of Azeroth in the background

Ive been on the PTR and fuck me does it look awesome

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Pity we won't have flying on Argus as I'd kill to see all that landscape from the air. (Not a criticism, I just want to take it all in).
    That wouldn't work at all. It would look like shit.

Mapwise Argus is compromised of small, floating islands far apart from each other. Skybox surrounding those islands give them the sense of scale. If you could fly up, the perspective would be wrong, the illusion would shatter and the whole thing would look terrible.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-07-05 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Damn typos

Quote Originally Posted by xbcfgxsuj View Post
    The centre piece for me is the huge planet of Azeroth in the background

Ive been on the PTR and fuck me does it look awesome
    Is there any zone without rubble floating in front of it? A clean screenshot if that skybox would be a good wallpaper.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That wouldn't work at all. It would look like shit.

Mapwise Argus is compromised of small, floating islands far apart from each other. Sjybox surroundign those islands give them the sen se of scale. If you could fly up, he perspective would be wrong, the illusion woudl shatter and the whole thign would look terrible.
    I guess I'll have to reach high ground then!
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    "Argus Rifts" are not Argus. They're rifts on Argus to other worlds. Rifts in 7.3 are demonic invasions of other planets throughout the universe, where we go and halt the advances.

Holy SHIT!! That mushroom marsh area!! If they used those textures to visually update Zangarmarsh, I'd never skip that zone again!