Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    It works sometimes. Happy for you, don't get me wrong, most of the time it doesn't work. PUA's with any, er, integrity, will say as much too. Granted, PUA's are PUA's, if you just happen to hook up with someone over a common interest, then that's what it is.

Also depends on the situation, Forbidden Planet is a geek store, so both of you being there is already a step ahead of "saw someone hot in the grocery store".
    Everything works 'sometimes' in the context of dating. Although I'd agree a grocery store isn't the best place, the grocery store is kinda a 'business' area. It's hard to explain, like people go to the grocery store with a plan of action and don't particularly want to deviate from it.

I get what I mean anyway lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Last time I flew I was lucky to sit next to an attractive girl.
    I asked, “Does the airline charge you extra for sitting next to good-looking men?”
    “Yes,” she said, “but I wasn’t willing to pay.”
    ok that was a good one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I like you. I've been seriously into game and have been approaching daily for about 2 weeks now. I see that you know what you're talking about. Daygame really has changed my life. Yeah it's really hard, and it can be frustrating, but it's exciting, too.
    Right on women have fears too, like what if she farts or something or you see her from her bad side next time. :P
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Was wondering the same... someone just shows up to ask for the number? Can it get more creepy...
    Here, in Japan, well Tokyo to be more specific, I see guys walk up to women and try and chat to them all the time. The way they do it looks incredibly creepy and most girls just put their head down and run away from them. I'm guessing this is another reason why most have headphones on.

Deleted
    Was wondering the same... someone just shows up to ask for the number? Can it get more creepy...
    You don't immediately ask for the number within 10 seconds of approaching her.

You have some nice chat first. Think of it as initiated speed-dating. She has enough time to figure out if you are worthy of getting her number. Even then some girls will think twice when at home and flake, but that is only normal. Obviously the longer the conversation, usually, the better the connection, the more likely she is to be into you. I would never approach a girl and ask for her number right away. The approach is there to initiate a conversation. Unless you are getting some serious IOI's (Indicator of Interest). If her facial expression makes it obvious she finds you attractive (smiling, prolonged eye contact, touching her hair), go for it. Might still fail, but it's worth a shot.

Deleted
    It works sometimes. Happy for you, don't get me wrong, most of the time it doesn't work. PUA's with any, er, integrity, will say as much too. Granted, PUA's are PUA's, if you just happen to hook up with someone over a common interest, then that's what it is.

Also depends on the situation, Forbidden Planet is a geek store, so both of you being there is already a step ahead of "saw someone hot in the grocery store".

Also, again, might be related to culture. Also a factor.
    "We exchanged numbers because our mutual love of zuchinni knows no bounds!"

Ps: That could be me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I know no woman who would show a guy where they live
    What are you even talking about? You're already completely off track here. I never said you should ask her to show where she lives. Are you confusing this with some other thread?

edit: oh ok, I get what you mean

So you think girls don't take guys home? How long have you been living behind a screen? There are girls that take guys home with them, there are girls that go home with guys, yes first evening they meet, first date, etc. Why? Cause they like the guy.

What are you even talking about? You're already completely off track here. I never said you should ask her to show where she lives. Are you confusing this with some other thread?
    You talked about women bringing someone home for one night stands. Most women don't bring someone home with them, they go to their place or a hotel room.

"And girls will take guys home from bars for onenightstands, but giving their phone number out is too much?"

Hello? Do you even remember what you posted?

15+ Year Old Account
    There's really nothing wrong with saying hi or being polite to someone you see. If a person of either sex is busy and don't want to be disturbed, leave them alone. I'm married now, so this is all past tense, but the majority of the people I dated I met in every day situations. I only ended up dating a couple girls I met in clubs. I've struck up conversations with many strangers if the situation was appropriate to do so. I've had many people of both sex do the same with me. I've had a few people ask me out while I was working and a couple of them I actually ended up going out with. I've met people in coffee shops, or at the mall and ended up on a date as well. As long as you aren't being creepy and don't bother someone who's obviously not in the mood to talk to anyone, its ok.

Deleted
    ...women in bars are there because they want game or run their own game. Women in supermarkets are their to do their business. There's a difference. Their business is not you most of the time. Try dating sites instead of creeping.
    And yet it works.

But you do have a point. That's why going indirect is a good choice.

ok that was a good one!
    You're being polite.

A nice Indian woman gets up mid-flight to the US and shouts "Is there a doctor here?"
    A nice, serious guy approaches her quickly and tells her: "I am. What is the problem?"
    She replies: "Do you want to meet my daughter?"

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

So you think girls don't take guys home?
    Very few do when it comes to casual sex with guys met in bars, they go to their place or a hotel room.

Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    "We exchanged numbers because our mutual love of zuchinni knows no bounds!"

Ps: That could be me.
    Now now, ask the zucchinis for consent! Just stay away from the onion...

I don't know what you mean.

If you have low confidence, and walk around with slouched shoulders, and you look like you can't take care of your personal hygiene, and you approach a woman maybe from behind and talk to her in a weird high-pitched voice and say weird things, she's gonna think you are creepy.

If you walk around with confidence, take care of your appearance, approach a girl straight up, say hi, talk like a normal person, she's not gonna think you're creepy just cause you asked her something, or cause you said hi.

It's not about how good you look, at least not in terms of facial features or whether you have a belly or not. It's all about how you carry yourself. If you think approaching a girl on the street is not normal, then that will manifest in your subconscious, and you will signal that to the woman you approach.

So if you think she won't find you attractive, she won't find you attractive.
    If you think she won't want to talk to you, she won't want to talk to you.
    If you think you are creepy, she will think you are creepy.

You sound quite creepy to me. Why? Because it sounds like you have planned your encounters. You're not interested in having a real organic conversation but rather a prefabbed conversation to convince the female that you are interesting - and are interested in what they have to say. It's a scheme you have chosen to run with just to pick up females. So yeah, try to rationalize it anyway you want but - that's creepy. It's not organic, natural or by coincidence. It's a plan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I don't get why people think engaging with Women in day to day activities is "creepy" or "weird" it's literally how people met for most of Mankind's existence.

I think meeting people on Apps like Tinder and shit is far more creepy.
    Absolutely. I would avoid online dating like the plague. Waste of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Most will also be creeped out.

- - - Updated - - -

I know nobody who does that. Nobody says where they live in their profile, types out their number in their profile or such. The only time I've ever seen a number in a profile is on tinder when I was in thailand with friends and helped my friend a choose pictures for his profile and he swiped a bit and some had numbers, turns out they were prostitutes who wanted you to call them up instead of talking on tinder.
    And I don't know a single person that has had cancer. This means there are no people with cancer.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know nobody who does that. Nobody says where they live in their profile, types out their number in their profile or such. The only time I've ever seen a number in a profile is on tinder when I was in thailand with friends and helped my friend a choose pictures for his profile and he swiped a bit and some had numbers, turns out they were prostitutes who wanted you to call them up instead of talking on tinder.
    Basically all the guys I know that use Tinder end up getting Women's Phone Numbers pretty damn quick after talking to them. How is getting someones number on Tinder any different than talking to a Woman for a while in person and asking the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Basically all the guys I know that use Tinder end up getting Women's Phone Numbers pretty damn quick after talking to them. How is getting someones number on Tinder any different than talking to a Woman for a while in person and asking the same thing?
    Likely because on tinder you only get to talk to someone if you both swipe right on each other. You can't just message someone unless you've matched with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    You sound quite creepy to me. Why? Because it sounds like you have planned your encounters. You're not interested in having a real organic conversation but rather a prefabbed conversation to convince the female that you are interesting - and are interested in what they have to say. It's a scheme you have chosen to run with just to pick up females. So yeah, try to rationalize it anyway you want but - that's creepy. It's not organic, natural or by coincidence. It's a plan.
    Well he clearly is out there just for shopping at the meat counter, so of course it is planned act.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very few do when it comes to casual sex with guys met in bars, they go to their place or a hotel room.
    Ahahahahahaha. Oh lord, nearly all my one night stand encounters have been me going back to the Girls houses. I've only once gone back to my own house with a 1 nighter and have only ever used a Hotel if the Woman was from out of town.

What are you? 18? new to the World?

And yet it works.

But you do have a point. That's why going indirect is a good choice.
    Your intent as a PUA is still there though. Sure, the better you are at masking it, the more loose game you'll get; loose game is probably what'll make you bitter. Sure, if you're real lucky, you might find a keeper. You could say luck is a factor as well either way you slice it, and I'd agree, but women seeing you latching on to another woman, especially in a setting were people usually mind their own business, is, pardon the pun, bad for your business. And your business is creepy to most. Acting polite to you doesn't mean they don't find you creepy.

My opinion is most likely painted by the droves of bitter manchildren from certain PUA societies, but judging from their behaviours, they were also scumbags, so there's that. That's not to say that you're the same, but women are sometimes pretty aware of said scumbags as well...