Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Now now, ask the zucchinis for consent! Just stay away from the onion...
    That garlic though *bites lip*

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Likely because on tinder you only get to talk to someone if you both swipe right on each other. You can't just message someone unless you've matched with them.
    Yeah, because Matching with someone ONLINE totally means that the things you Matched over are truthful. 99% of Tinder Matches are purely down to looks. How naive can you be.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Ahahahahahaha. Oh lord, nearly all my one night stand encounters have been me going back to the Girls houses. I've only once gone back to my own house with a 1 nighter and have only ever used a Hotel if the Woman was from out of town.

What are you? 18? new to the World?
    Exceptions does not make a rule.

No, I'm in my 20s and I'm not new the world. Maybe things are done differently where you live but back in South Korea and here in Singapore I know no women who would bring home a guy they met at a bar for casual sex.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, because Matching with someone ONLINE totally means that the things you Matched over are truthful. 99% of Tinder Matches are purely down to looks. How naive can you be.
    It means there's interest from both. That's why it's different than going around asking random women on the street for their number. I rarely ever read profiles on tinder nowadays, I swipe based on looks. So, I don't know why you're telling me that which I already know.

How is that any different from picking up random girls on the street (except that Tinder is a consensual two-way street)? You don't know anythign about random passerbys besides their looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    I think we need a female's perspective on this. Ladies, how would you feel if Anduin here approached you as you were going about your errands and tried to strike up a conversation with you?
    What is so wrong about that? Prior to online dating that was how you met new people. If you didnt have friends, family, classmates, or coworkers who set you up you met total strangers on the street, in stores, at church, at bars at clubs.

If you are not one to hit up the online dating scene, and dont go to church and dont have friends etc.. who can introduce you to a potential person. Then you were left with meeting someone in public. What is the difference between approaching someone at the bar/club or at a store? Just because they are in a bar/club does not mean they are anymore "wanting" to be "hit" on then shopping at a store.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    You sound quite creepy to me. Why? Because it sounds like you have planned your encounters. You're not interested in having a real organic conversation but rather a prefabbed conversation to convince the female that you are interesting - and are interested in what they have to say. It's a scheme you have chosen to run with just to pick up females. So yeah, try to rationalize it anyway you want but - that's creepy. It's not organic, natural or by coincidence. It's a plan.
    Yeah, in a way you are right. If I wait for conversations to occur naturally, I'll be waiting for eons. Because how often does it happen that I naturally have to ask the cute girl that I just saw a question? If you want, you can just be direct, but that will scare the cats away more often, or you can do a mix of direct and indirect and mid-conversation say "I didn't really need to know, I just needed a reason to talk to you", and most often they'll laugh or smile.

Do you really think, if you strike up a conversation this way, and you end up together with this person, maybe in a long-term relationship and you're together for years and maybe even get married and have kids and live happily ever after, that one day on your death bed, when you tell her that when you first met, you didn't actually care about whether her iphone was good, that she'll be shocked and denounce her love for you?

Sometimes the hand of fate must be forced.

Same with street pick-ups. Except you can physically see them. Yes, Tinder, every online dating service, will have fakes (RL has cheaters too). That's why you have precautions. Like you have precautions IRL. Like one of mine is to shoo away any unwelcome creep thinking I owe them my attention while at the grocery store or walking down the street from point A to B.

Dating online? Always meet at a public, well-lit place, NEVER at hotels or a place were you could easily get hurt (or worse), never give out super-personal information until you trust them (and I don't personally trust some pleb I met on the street after 10 minutes, how naive are you?), and keep your head on.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2017-07-05 at 01:07 PM.

Deleted
    Personally, I find this creepy, but that's just me. So, good luck I guess?

Deleted

No, I'm in my 20s and I'm not new the world. Maybe things are done differently where you live but back in South Korea and here in Singapore I know no women who would bring home a guy they met at a bar for casual sex.

- - - Updated - - -

It means there's interest from both. That's why it's different than going around asking random women on the street for their number. I rarely ever read profiles on tinder nowadays, I swipe based on looks. So, I don't know why you're telling me that which I already know.
    He's a guy from the west and your're a girl from the east, it's a bit hard to compare your experiences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    How is that any different from picking up random girls on the street (except that Tinder is a consensual two-way street)? You don't know anythign about random passerbys besides their looks.
    That is exactly my point? people keep saying "don't do it in person, do it on a dating App" as if one of them is a far better option. Tinder just seems far more anti-social and more about hooking up to fuck, whereas meeting someone in person seems more legitimate.

Deleted
    Likely because on tinder you only get to talk to someone if you both swipe right on each other. You can't just message someone unless you've matched with them.
    Yeah and if a guy approaches you on the street and you talk to him for 10 minutes, you only give him your number if you are into him...

You actually have more reason to give him your number because you've had a 10-minute conversation with him, and didn't only see his, most likely photoshopped, picture.

Seriously honey, think the things you write through first.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    What is so wrong about that? Prior to online dating that was how you met new people. If you didnt have friends, family, classmates, or coworkers who set you up you met total strangers on the street, in stores, at church, at bars at clubs.

If you are not one to hit up the online dating scene, and dont go to church and dont have friends etc.. who can introduce you to a potential person. Then you were left with meeting someone in public. What is the difference between approaching someone at the bar/club or at a store? Just because they are in a bar/club does not mean they are anymore "wanting" to be "hit" on then shopping at a store.
    People at work/school/etc are people you're forced to be around regularly for a long period of time, so might as well try and sift through them to see of anyone's worth keeping around...also different from a bar/the streetl/grocery store.

The only person in a store I'd be cordial with is cashier. Not because I like them, but because they're forced to be in contact with me, however briefly.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Well, that may be your experience, but my husband spent a year in SKorea with the Military, and had to deal with many of his soldiers not getting back to the base on time (curfew) because they were going to girls houses that they met out in clubs and bars. It was a common occurrence over the weekends.
    I find it unlikely they were going with them to their home because most in their 20s live with their parents still. Many stay with their parents until they get into a relationship. Many are hesitant to even bring home boyfriends and prefer to go to motels to have sex.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-07-05 at 01:08 PM.

That is exactly my point? people keep saying "don't do it in person, do it on a dating App" as if one of them is a far better option. Tinder just seems far more anti-social and more about hooking up to fuck, whereas meeting someone in person seems more legitimate.
    Most people on Tinder want attention, and hook up...most people on the steet don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Yeah, in a way you are right. If I wait for conversations to occur naturally, I'll be waiting for eons. Because how often does it happen that I naturally have to ask the cute girl that I just saw a question? If you want, you can just be direct, but that will scare the cats away more often, or you can do a mix of direct and indirect and mid-conversation say "I didn't really need to know, I just needed a reason to talk to you", and most often they'll laugh or smile.

Do you really think, if you strike up a conversation this way, and you end up together with this person, maybe in a long-term relationship and you're together for years and maybe even get married and have kids and live happily ever after, that one day on your death bed, when you tell her that when you first met, you didn't actually care about whether her iphone was good, that she'll be shocked and denounce her love for you?

Sometimes the hand of fate must be forced.
    Go jack yourself off then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Same with street pick-ups. Except you can physically see them. Yes, Tinder, every online dating service, will have fakes. That's why you have precautions. Like you have precautions IRL. Like one of mine is to shoo away any unwelcome creep thinking I owe them my attention while at the grocery store or walking down the street from point A to B.

Dating online? Always meet at a public, well-lit place, NEVER at hotels or a place were you could easily get hurt (or worse), never give out super-personal information until you trust them (and I don't personally trust some pleb I met on the street after 10 minutes, how naive are you?), and keep your head on.
    People like you are exactly why HUmans are such anti-social creatures these days. "OMG SOMEONE SPOKE TO ME IN PUBLIC. WHAT A CREEP!"

- - - Updated - - -

I find it unlikely they were going with them to their home because most in their 20s live with their parents still. Many stay with their parents until they get into a relationship.
    Ahh, so naive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Last time I flew I was lucky to sit next to an attractive girl.
    I asked, “Does the airline charge you extra for sitting next to good-looking men?”
    “Yes,” she said, “but I wasn’t willing to pay.”
    Holy fuck i have no words if this is true.

If a woman said that to me I wouldn't even be mad, just mad impressed at her cheek and sense of humour. okay i'd be slightly stung But mostly impressed haha.

Deleted

If you are really from South Korea and your avatar is really a picture of yourself, which I doubt, I'd totally fuck the shit out of you.

Ahh, so naive.
    That's not naive at all. That's literally how it is in South Korea. People go to motels to have sex pretty often, even with their partners, when they still live with their parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    If you are really from South Korea and your avatar is really a picture of yourself, which I doubt, I'd totally fuck the shit out of you.
    That's creepy. No, that's a member of the kpop band Twice.