Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    That's one of the worst use of data I've seen.

If you show us the number of participating guilds two weeks into each tier, that's a meaningful comparison. Not this bullshit.

Deleted
    I also like how the number went from 196 to 237 according to the very linked page.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Add to that: the first two weeks of ToS coincides with peak vacation time in the northern hemisphere, i.e. the majority of WoW players. Even Australia, the remainder of players, are on winter break, which is also a vacation period. Irrelevant comparison is irrelevant.
    With free time comes more WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Oh yes, tell me more about all those people who aren't raiding currently but will suddenly get together months later to clear normal? Rule of thumb is if new raid coming out isn't enough to get you hyped and playing this tier, you won't play this tier.

P.S. the number of guilds decreases as the raid tier drags on, not increases.
    lol, it's cumulative....otherwise you realize the number of guilds currently raiding WoD is zero, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bixxy View Post
    I also like how the number went from 196 to 237 according to the very linked page.
    LOL comments OP?

Real population decline starts after 2-3 months after release of ToS

IF you want to put out real data:

H: Hellfire Assault 29017
    H: Skorpyron 29018

Where is the decline?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Tarren Mill-EU's raiding scene has declined. Not the game as a whole. Use the whole data set instead of just one realm...

Deleted
    Didn't especially Tarren Mill have terrible performance issues around the time NH opened? I remember Method not being able to raid because the server crapped out or something. Maybe one of the reasons why guilds migrated away.

Deleted
    The OP won't answer as he knows he is wrong in every ways..
    And his numbers are the witness of an upgrade, as almost twice as more guilds raided the NH in twice as less time than the HFC...

Your statistic is the number of guilds overall, not at any one point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes, tell me more about all those people who aren't raiding currently but will suddenly get together months later to clear normal? Rule of thumb is if new raid coming out isn't enough to get you hyped and playing this tier, you won't play this tier.

You meant rule of your anus.

P.S. You are so wrong, you will never realize.

The game is in decline even for wow standards but your source is bad

Raiders =/= population. We're in an expansion where you don't even need to raid to get the top levels of gear (m+ and rated pvp says hi), so it would be understandable raiding participation would drop as the rewards for it are less substantial. Doesn't say anything about the "whole playerbase", especially since tons of people in this game don't raid, or "raid lfr" or "pug normal / hc" which won't show in logs / guild rankings.

What next, "pet battle participation decline means the population is going down"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judic View Post
    Looks like Tarren Mill-EU's raiding scene has declined. Not the game as a whole. Use the whole data set instead of just one realm...
    I think that is why the OP isn't here, realized that a fraction isn't enough.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    The game is in decline even for wow standards but your source is bad
    Even other WoW haters think the OP is bad.

Not to point out the obvious but this is one server. It's a connected realm and also an English server based in the EU... Considering you have French, German and Russian along with others 8 regions in China that also fan out, Korea, Taiwan and lastly... the US themselves who have what 5 regions themselves? I'm not sure if your exclamation is 100% true.

That and tier 20 have made it past 2 weeks... Compared to months where just before the release of Tomb of Sargeras, on my low populated server I could pug Normal and Heroic versions of Emerald Nightmare, Trial of Valor and Nighthold... sometimes in one sitting.

I don't see how one connected server with Dentarg is a good cross example of raiding population decline... If you included Silvermoon and Draenor for EU amongst with the higher populace servers from around the world then I would more inclined to notice that your hypothesis has some weight.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-05 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    You're comparing a tier that's been out 2 weeks to one that was out a year?

Ok.
    /thread

and i've had enough to OP's reaching troll threads with bullshit biased data, you're added to my ignore list like tennisace so i know im reading bullshit before i see the first word.

So whether the data is true or false, what's the point of the thread?

Do you want to prove that less people are playing the game? Why?

So that you have an argument that the game isn't good?

You know, you have a mind and choice of your own. Just play the game if you like it or stop playing. Stop trying to throw responsibility to the masses because you can't take a decision for yourself. Either keep playing and enjoy your time, or stop playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    WoW is Ded; Why Even Play?

OT: People will reach far into the abyss to show numbers that mean nothing. Whether you believe wow population is declining or not: Blizzard is putting harder work into the game then they have since like TBC/WRATH.. I don't give a damn what people believe lol: I care about the game itself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Legion:

Tier 20 - 196 guilds https://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/c...ed-tarren-mill

Tier 19 - 571 guilds https://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/c.../rating.tier19

WoD:

Tier 18 - 350 guilds https://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/c.../rating.tier18

Tier 17 - 514 guilds https://www.wowprogress.com/pve/eu/c.../rating.tier17

Legion started with more players and ended up with less than WoD. Not entirely unexpected but still a disappointing result. Other realms have had it even worse, some suffering as much as 3x population decline.
    No matter the data, I'd just look at server populations across the board during hot times, and during patch times, as well as queue time for battlegrounds and how many people look to join guilds and raids... that alone can tell you WoW Is at a rough 3 mil world wide which would mean around 1 mil average per continent perhaps? And remember, that a good chunk of that population has always been bot-users, gold sellers, "Goldshire" players (Don't google that) and so on... just as a reminder, on a certain unnamed WoW Vanilla private server which has gotten a lot of attention, has nearly half a mil players on It's own on and off which shows clear Interest In something Blizzard refuses to provide anymore, one of those things Is a challanging gaming experience without being given everything on a silver platter for barely any effort.

People have their own reasons for playing on that server, but I play for the community, for the like 10+ people I've already met and befriended during questing, guild runs, PvPing as well as the challenging fighting. To me TBC will be the best state of the game, while still flawed in It's own way but still the best for me. Whilst Vanilla had many many flaws, It still provided that exploration, that sense of danger, risk and reward being balanced relatively well.

So anyway, I estimate current wow at 3 mil which to me Is already a failure state and close to a death spiral state as well and that's when you know your game Is doing bad... Blizzard /stares at blizzard across from Europe.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?