Page 47 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vhatever View Post
    The revisionist history is the nazis were anything but leftists. The actual history is that they were functionally indistinguishable from the communists of the same time period, as mentioned/acknowledge numerous times by the upper level nazis and communist leaders themselves.
    Except for the part where they murdered the communists with the support of german business that was afraid of being liquidated by a bolshevik overthrow

I.e nazis are not marxists

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    I am a moderate who is not a fan of Trump, but this is a highly offensive move by CNN.

You don't fuck with our 1st Amendment rights, even if it is some silly 15-year-old that is just having some fun.

Rest assured, I won't be watching any of their programming for a very, very long time
    He isn't 15 he wasn't having fun, he was being a racist toxic piece of shit, who peed his 40 year old pants when CNN found his ass, and offered to apologize, and then showed he wasn't sincere.

I am also sure CNN wasn't anything you watched before. Just like I don't believe you are moderate in anyways or critic of anything Trump
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    No, I'm mocking the feigned moral opprobrium about a scumbag being doxxed, issued by the same people who justify, among other things, the murder of a 12 year old boy. Because, hey, having to treat a cop like a rabid mountain lion is perfectly acceptable in a free society but if some rat-fuck racist degenerate faces the slightest consequences for being a social cancer, well, then we should all stop singing the Star-Spangled Banner because the jack-booted fascists have won.

I MEAN THE MEMES BRO LOOK AT THE MEMES WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE MEMES

THAT MEME WAS AN ANGEL IT DINDU NUFFIN
    Wait, since you posted that meme, wouldn't CNN now have the same justification to do to you what they did to the Trump meme guy?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    The difference is ones a police report, the other is a fucking meme you moron. - Police report is public record.

What CNN is doing isnt illegal, but its unethical as fuck and possibly blackmail ( we wont ever get the truth, too much money involved ). The kid made a fucking MEME! I MEME! Why is this lost on all of you?
    look up the legal definition of blackmail then you can continue to post your fake outrage with a new word.

hey don't get angry at me, get angry at Trump for taking a innocent joke email and turning it into something way more then it is.

govt vs media = 1st amendment problems.

once trump made it an issue, you can be sure journalist from all Media even Fox were interested in whom created this meme. Don't kid yourself, fox would have run the story on a whole different slant if they got to this dude first.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Wait, since you posted that meme, wouldn't CNN now have the same justification to do to you what they did to the Trump meme guy?
    omg its fascist inception. FASCEPTION.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You would think they would be above petty shit like this, considering they are fucking CNN and not a reddit or 4chan user.
    Nah, Petty shit seems to be what gets people to turn on the tv and click the links.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's some pretty piss poor, low energy bait, even for a Trump supporter

Try again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just when you thought CNN couldn't sink any lower...as if the Russia "nothing burger" confessions from Van Jones and Bonifield weren't enough. But well, Fake News gonna Fake.
    Watching the whole mainstream (now legacy) media getting obliterated by Trump & Co. has been by far the funniest thing this year.

People are still spouting the "He's only a 15-year-old kid" bullshit? Which fake news outlet did you get that from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    Any disapproving remark can be thrown back at you.
    If you care about race issues, you're the one recognizing race, and segregating people: you're the racist.
    If you are concerned about terrorism, and take action to protect you or your kin from it, you'll be doing everything that they want.
    If you identify any and all ccn-defenders as tautology peddlers "I am right, you are wrong, period", you're drawing a tautology yourself: they're wrong, you're right.

Tu quoque on steroids.
    Pretty old trick.
    True enough it is an old trick. In this case, I'd argue that it showcases the desperation of such agencies to cling to power. William Hurst and Pulitzer would be proud of their children I warrant. A shame they don't teach more on Yellow Journalism in schools. The Gilded Age was rife with it. But then again, anything inconvenient to a specific narrative is wrong and discussing it is a crime, or infraction worthy. Kind of like how calling Antifa a pack of thugs is somehow a conspiracy theory. Then again such tactics and their logicians are familiar to many of us these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Surely that is self evident. Your setting an ultimatum for those that disagree that they have to apply by what your reason for it is.
    You're saying that these people try and shot down discussion, while actively trying to shot down discussion
    See you fell into the trap. You are attacking the person instead of the argument, which is ironically what CNN and so many millennials we often call "Snowflakes" do. I am not setting an ultimatum on anyone or anything, unless you are somehow from an alternate reality where I am an Evil Genius who does this on a regular basis (in which case take me back with you so I can kick my other self's ass and tell him to be good).

All I have defined is the egregious behavior, and my perception on the mentality / reasoning behind such individuals acting so.

A requote for you:

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Anyone defending CNN, basically supports the following:

"If you disagree with me, you are a idiot. Because you are an idiot you will shut up. If you do not shut up I will MAKE you shut up by banning you, or killing you. If that does not work then I will name and shame you and force compliance because you are an idiot. I have the moral and mental superiority here. See, I am right, you are wrong. I have the power, and you do not. You dare disagree with me? You dare speak out of turn?"

Infracted.
    In legal terms, stare decisis sums this up well. The facts speak for themselves. CNN and anyone who supports such conduct, whether in the media, on a website, or any other medium is essentially morally bankrupt, and a sick and deranged authoritarian. Such people that actually consider this a legitimate tactic should be spurned, and we should all hope such individuals NEVER have any say on who runs our country again.

Because of this, I appreciate Trump calling them out on their bullshit. Someone has needed to for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn i cant believe people still follow CNN lmao what an absolute joke they are essentially at Fox news levels now.

So i guess based on most people's definition of blackmail we can add blackmail to the list of charges against trump??

Trump telling Mika and Joe that he would get a story published about their affair if they didn't publicly apologize to him.

Blackmailers should be held accountable for their actions!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    They didn't speak to him before he made the apology - he called them afterwards.
    That is exactly what I said. You are arguing against nothing
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    This has turned me from thinking CNN was just a run of the mill news channel to thinking they are pretty fucking batshit.
    It is a testament to the world we live in. We have a president that shitposts, a news outlet that literally freaks the fuck out and throws a 'tism storm over it and then their next course of action is to use their multi-billion dollar corporate resources to track down some rando who made a mean gif about them and threaten them to send a message that the peasants best not make fun of CNN.

It is literally the most insane thing. Trump may be a political genius or an idiot savant in this regard. His shitposting both mocked CNN but also caused them to injure themselves in responding to what is objectively stupid. Trump shitposted, and they decided to stomp on shit really REALLY hard, but now CNN is just covered in shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Got it, so you're a hypocrite who believes in effectively killing someone for disagreeing with you(The american left is in full "devour their own" stage of revolution currently, you think they wouldn't chomp at the bit to kill this poor dumbass over a meme?) while demanding protections for those who make false claims you agree with.
    Riiiiight. Saying "hey, this guy posted a meme" is totally the same as "effectively killing" them.

I can't even call this hyperbole; it's gone so far past that it's no longer a mere wild exaggeration.

Just for clarification, if this guy had initially posted this meme on these forums, and CNN had called up the people running MMO Champion and asked for the person's real life information, would you be in support of them giving that information to CNN?
    We wouldn't, however, neither did Reddit. Based on the article, they pulled the information from publicly-available data the guy posted himself. They just connected the dots that the user himself made available.

I've mentioned a bunch of personal stuff on the forums, over the years. If someone threatened to have figured out who I was, based on that (and people have, not that anything's ever come of it), my reaction would be a resounding "meh". Because nothing I've posted to these forums is anything I'd have to worry about anyone seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Your chart is nonsense. Since Trump was elected, their coverage has switched to 99% coverage of Trump, and it's all negative. I don't see how you can consider that "right leaning" to endless air fake stories about a Republican.
    If you're under the impression that coverage of Trump should be 50% good and 50% bad, then you're demanding biased and unfair reporting standards. The media reports on Trump's behaviour. If that behaviour is overwhelmingly negative, well, that's on Trump, not the media for covering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Statements such as this have always confused me. Of what relevance is a person's beliefs (however abhorrent) to their work performance?
    If they're public? They reflect on the employer in the public eye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    So he posted something online, he is a story, that is their profession, they did what journalist do investigate a story, they didn't know he was the story before found out after or are you suggesting they did?
    Because he is a private citizen, the length at which CNN went to find him is exactly what makes it illegal. The moment they obtained his phone number and attempted contact, they committed a felony, namely cyberstalking. In their specific situation, they're also doing blackmail, which is that they are threatening to reveal his identity after obtaining his phone and e-mail. This is, again, textbook coercion. They cannot validate his identity without stalking, since he did not make it public. Because many individuals have the same name, direct phone contact was the only way to verify his identity. But since he did not personally request it when CNN first made contact, then CNN is guilty of both coercion and cyberstalking.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Unbelievable, I thought CNN had problems but this? This is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Riiiiight. Saying "hey, this guy posted a meme" is totally the same as "effectively killing" them.

I can't even call this hyperbole; it's gone so far past that it's no longer a mere wild exaggeration.

We wouldn't, however, neither did Reddit. Based on the article, they pulled the information from publicly-available data the guy posted himself. They just connected the dots that the user himself made available.

I've mentioned a bunch of personal stuff on the forums, over the years. If someone threatened to have figured out who I was, based on that (and people have, not that anything's ever come of it), my reaction would be a resounding "meh". Because nothing I've posted to these forums is anything I'd have to worry about anyone seeing.

If you're under the impression that coverage of Trump should be 50% good and 50% bad, then you're demanding biased and unfair reporting standards. The media reports on Trump's behaviour. If that behaviour is overwhelmingly negative, well, that's on Trump, not the media for covering it.

If they're public? They reflect on the employer in the public eye.
    Please don't put words in my mouth. I have not done that to you. Why not keep it honest, instead?

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    One of the many other "funny" posts by this guy.
    Again, I do not see how this is concerning to anyone. It is odd that so many at CNN are jewish. Perhaps there is a conspiracy, perhaps there is not. What does it matter?
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    It is a testament to the world we live in. We have a president that shitposts, a news outlet that literally freaks the fuck out and throws a 'tism storm over it and then their next course of action is to use their multi-billion dollar corporate resources to track down some rando who made a mean gif about them and threaten them to send a message that the peasants best not make fun of CNN.

It is literally the most insane thing. Trump may be a political genius or an idiot savant in this regard. His shitposting both mocked CNN but also caused them to injure themselves in responding to what is objectively stupid. Trump shitposted, and they decided to stomp on shit really REALLY hard, but now CNN is just covered in shit.
    The first paragraph just won the thread, guise. No point in trying to top that. That was very well worded. /golf clap

My only critique is that the meme wasn't mean, it was funny. That makes what they did even worse though. If you can't bear to be mocked, you are taking yourself WAY too seriously.