Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice attempt at defection, let's make this very simple for you, just answer yes or no.

Can you right now download Rift, level to 70, get geared up, run raids and have the best gear in the game without spending a dime.

Deleted
    Even on their own forums they think Slipmat is a joke, atleast they can see the truth aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Even on their own forums they think Slipmat is a joke, atleast they can see the truth aswell
    I did notice in the general thread someone posting. Personally I don't ever agree with direct attacks on someone such as what was posted there but it seems the mods deleted it.

I'll maintain what I said. There are way better F2P models out there that don't nickle and dime. Not just MMORPG either also ARPG games. Rift is right now pay to win. I don't care how anyone tries to spin it.

You can buy PvE currency.

You can buy bonus rolls.

You can buy a raid ready set of gear.

I mean sure try it out but there are better games out there.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-02 at 05:36 PM.

Well, this was a nice thread while it lasted.

I still can't believe trion didn't put a reason in to do 5 man content. Patron sparkles don't count and neither do the planar fragment gambling boxes. I (and I'm sure a lot of other people) have better and more fun things to do then run dungeons to earn currency to gamble on RGN fragments.

While I hate rng gear slots, I can kind of see what tion was trying to accomplish. Planar fragments are a hell of a plat sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Clymene View Post
    Well, this was a nice thread while it lasted.

I still can't believe trion didn't put a reason in to do 5 man content. Patron sparkles don't count and neither do the planar fragment gambling boxes. I (and I'm sure a lot of other people) have better and more fun things to do then run dungeons to earn currency to gamble on RGN fragments.

While I hate rng gear slots, I can kind of see what tion was trying to accomplish. Planar fragments are a hell of a plat sink.
    Well yeah. Especially when they can roll stats like Block and Guard or even Wisdom for a Ranger. It's stupid they can roll stats completely worthless for your current soul. It's just a way of getting people to buy and sell REX for easy Plat since they essentially nerfed a lot of Plat making methods other than some of crafting.

Genuinely makes zero sense that as a RANGER my fragment can roll BLOCK or WISDOM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, I never get these emotional complaints about how you spent the cost of a meal on something a year ago and now someone else got it for free and now you need to throw a tantrum over it or something.

Perspective, people. Perspective.
    Maybe because the meal people paid for still haven't been delivered yet? And then they make it all free before you even get it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Then be upset at the state of the development, not the cost over half a year later.
    I'll be annoyed at both. When a game goes F2P after switching back to B2P in 7 months it speaks about both the state of the game and the capability to hold a business model. I can't blame players for being pissed after still waiting for launch content that they paid for 7 months later.

People are more pissed that in those 7 months their money hasn't been valued. It has nothing to do with peoples money in general.

What Trion learned from this is that they actually have to try and design a game. Not an unfinished one to milk people.

I'm not saying development isn't to blame but if they were aware of their launch content why stick to a business model that relied on initial income rather than a F2P one and use microtransactions? This tells me that this expansion was now 100% a last cash grab attempt at a B2P model without a doubt.

What's even funnier is that they are offering a refund to those who purchased within 2 weeks? Yes because I'm sure the masses bought it then..... oh wait. Speculation admittedly but if they were intent on switching models back then there surely can't have been many people who bought it in 2 weeks.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2011...from_wow.shtml

Just read that. It had a great chance to build on that. But no it went down the nickle and dime route and paid for it. Games have proven they can survive on as low as less than 500,000 subs so Rift could have easily kept the sub model in Storm Legion.

I mean you aren't wrong Trion and development themselves are more to blame and if you want I'm happy to discuss this. But surely you can understand why people are annoyed and how the CM response in general isn't helping?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-03 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So, in the above, she thanks people for buying the expansion and says she hopes people enjoyed the "advance access to content". Is she referencing some form of early access/beta access for pre-orders or... is she actually saying it in regards to everyone that has bought and played the expansion up until now? Cos if it's the latter, that is actually disgusting, to refer to the last 7 months as some sort of "advance access" to content that clearly wasn't complete, as though they're beta testers or something.

On a different point, just how many times has RIFT/Trion changed the business model for the game now? Are they B2P? F2P? P2P? Freemium? P2W BS? What? I've legit lost track of what, if anything, you'd have to spend on this game to be current. And what do they plan to be for the future, such as with possible new expansions?
    F2P with pretty much P2W elements now.

Paid bonus rolls.

Gear that can get you into Intrepid RotP is on the store. Armor can be purchased with ingame currency but weapons are like £60-80 depending on type of weapon.

PvE currency from lockboxes.

Ironic part is any friends I had playing this have all quit. They are disgusted with the direction the game is taking. Lot of ingame friends I know have quit or are starting to consider to.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-03 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So it's still not really worth touching with a 10ft barge pole. Cool.
    Personal opinion is that until they start pulling themselves back up which is unlikely I cannot recommend this game to anyone. Which is rare because I normally tell people to try it at least when it comes to games.

I'm not even trying to be malicious towards the game. It's just I believe the direction has taken a bad turn when it could have built upon an opportunity instead.

This goes down in my book as the MMO to fall furthest from grace. And it's really saddening because at the start I was thinking of putting down my current MMO for it but chose against it as I had only just started that game at the time.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-03 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    He gets infracted for this because it's not "productive", and yet, Slipmat just sits around adding nothing to the thread except mocking people? Do you own a dictionary, mods? They're even online now.

Please post productively and do not discuss moderation. Infracted. -Edge
    I knew you'd be the one to come after me. And my post was productive. Slipmat spent most of the thread mocking people for being too poor to buy an expansion, when the real issue is that Rift is doing so poorly right now, that the expansion is already free - the equivalent of direct-to-dvd.

But hey, Edge, come after me again. If you want to make it personal, go right ahead. Funny how I'm always getting infractions from certain mods and other people say whatever they want with no repercussions.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

I knew you'd be the one to come after me. And my post was productive. Slipmat spent most of the thread mocking people for being too poor to buy an expansion, when the real issue is that Rift is doing so poorly right now, that the expansion is already free - the equivalent of direct-to-dvd.

But hey, Edge, come after me again. If you want to make it personal, go right ahead. Funny how I'm always getting infractions from certain mods and other people say whatever they want with no repercussions.
    You do realize Edge infracted Slipmat on the first page right? Its the 8th post.

Break a rule get a infarction, Its quite simple.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Of course -Edge would be the one to infract you. Poor sod is the only moderator for this Rift subforum (minus the globals and admins, which I am sure leave most of this for the greens).

You want Slipmat to get more infractions for the shit he sprays all over this forum? Report the posts. Fastest way for that to happen.

At one point, I got the game and 1 month patron for free.
    I expect to have a full experience. No need to buy anything.

Instead, I find out people are "forced" to buy xp pots, etc.

I have never seen any game is more greedy than this.
    This is unheard of.

what's sad is the expansion going free is not even going to help the game because they can't even promote something right they can't even get hype going
    all the happened with this move is pissing off the people that supported them,

i can see what's coming next don't waste any money of this game it's most definitely going down faster than i thought there going to pull the plug soon i'm sure
    the desperation with this company is incredible.....lol

on and i guess i'm back.....

Quote Originally Posted by RiainED View Post
    Good ol' Slipmat, disregarding the bigger picture with a snarky comment and an eye roll emoji.

You're not as stupid as you make yourself look with your posts, you know as a consumer yourself, if this wasn't Rift (something you are obviously some how affiliated with) you would be pissed off if you spent £30 on something for it them to be free merely months later. The amount is completely irrelevant, it's still hard earned cash, all the same.

Keep it cute, I'm excited to see how you deflect the rest of the criticism.
    Will you be mad for paying for healthcare if the government decided to make it free at point of use and taxpayer-financed in your country? Or any other service :P

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianoz View Post
    Will you be mad for paying for healthcare if the government decided to make it free at point of use and taxpayer-financed in your country? Or any other service :P
    Major difference between healthcare and a video game. Let's try to stick to the topic at hand and not start comparing real life to a video game otherwise I have no interest in discussion.

The major gripe is that in 7 months there is still launch content missing and the game is still a mess with the 64 bit client. As for raiding the first unique Normal Raid has only just hit the PTS. People are more annoyed their £30 has basically been a cash grab from the quality of the game. And again. When a game goes F2P in such a short time after switching back to a B2P model from F2P it says to me that they didn't sell well. It's literally gone F2P twice. That really doesn't make me hopeful about it's future.

People's main issue isn't the model switch. It's more that they paid for a lack of quality and their refund policy was stingy as hell at the time.

As I said maybe Trion will actually try to design a game now before throwing a price tag on it and releasing it unfinished. The people who stick about on forums want it to improve. And sometimes tough love is needed. Problem is people can't be vocally critical without CMs apparently deeming it "bashing/rude" on the Rift forums. And Reddit barely has anyone there these days because of how moderation is handled.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-05 at 05:38 AM.

IF that were to happen, we would have months of notice. Things like that do not just happen overnight. We could easily plan for that and, barring anything catastrophic or immediately threatening(that would be covered by our current insurance anyway) we could plan to put off any major medical expenses until after the shift. Besides, if they changed it from us paying, to taxes paying for it, we'd have to have a tax increase, so really, we'd still be paying, it would just come out of our paychecks ahead of time, instead of me having to send money to an insurance company. So we'd really STILL be paying after suck a system anyway. Can not really compare to something that cost $40, did not deliver even half of what it promised, and then when most of what was promised finally arrived, it got given away for free with no notice. Not the same at all.

The poster you quoted is from England. As someone who also lives in England, I can assure you that it already works that way here. It's absolutely freaking awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well yeah. Especially when they can roll stats like Block and Guard or even Wisdom for a Ranger. It's stupid they can roll stats completely worthless for your current soul. It's just a way of getting people to buy and sell REX for easy Plat since they essentially nerfed a lot of Plat making methods other than some of crafting.

Genuinely makes zero sense that as a RANGER my fragment can roll BLOCK or WISDOM.
    Yea it can be a little annoying; however:

(a) as a Rogue, you can always drop those tanking fragments into a tanking set. Yea, I know the first set is free, and you have to purchase the next several sets (don't recall the number or the cost). I for one like having multiple "sets" of fragments, as now I only have to carry one set of gear (seeing as how gear gives primary stats) and juggle fragments for the secondary stats that I need for any given spec.

(b) the fragments are account bound, as a Rogue those Wisdom / Int fragments can be sent to alts. They can use them at level 65 or sit in their inventory till they reach level 65.

(c) they are recyclable, so just break them.

All, in all, in my opinion I like the fragment system, mostly. (a) it removes the requirement for multiple sets of gear if you play different specs, (b) it allows you to adjust the secondary statistics on pieces of gear to mean an individual spec, (c) the fragments are tradeable between characters on the same account (so you can grind on you main and still make some progress on alts), (d) and finally they are a planerite dump (though not enough)....damn, I am really tired of "You have reached the maximum amount of Planerite" message.

-- Yea I would like more fragments that are directly applicable to my current spec. Also, have an inventory size of greater than 200 would be nice. Finally, although I know this will never happen, up the chance of getting higher tiers (tiers 3, 2 and 1) from open world content. Almost done with the "Feeding the Beast" quest and haven't seen anything better then tier 4...but whatever. I'm guessing when I get to the quest that requires 100 level 70 dungeons I'll start to get better fragments.

Quote Originally Posted by thurizas View Post
    Yea it can be a little annoying; however:

(a) as a Rogue, you can always drop those tanking fragments into a tanking set. Yea, I know the first set is free, and you have to purchase the next several sets (don't recall the number or the cost). I for one like having multiple "sets" of fragments, as now I only have to carry one set of gear (seeing as how gear gives primary stats) and juggle fragments for the secondary stats that I need for any given spec.

(b) the fragments are account bound, as a Rogue those Wisdom / Int fragments can be sent to alts. They can use them at level 65 or sit in their inventory till they reach level 65.

(c) they are recyclable, so just break them.

All, in all, in my opinion I like the fragment system, mostly. (a) it removes the requirement for multiple sets of gear if you play different specs, (b) it allows you to adjust the secondary statistics on pieces of gear to mean an individual spec, (c) the fragments are tradeable between characters on the same account (so you can grind on you main and still make some progress on alts), (d) and finally they are a planerite dump (though not enough)....damn, I am really tired of "You have reached the maximum amount of Planerite" message.

-- Yea I would like more fragments that are directly applicable to my current spec. Also, have an inventory size of greater than 200 would be nice. Finally, although I know this will never happen, up the chance of getting higher tiers (tiers 3, 2 and 1) from open world content. Almost done with the "Feeding the Beast" quest and haven't seen anything better then tier 4...but whatever. I'm guessing when I get to the quest that requires 100 level 70 dungeons I'll start to get better fragments.
    But what if I don't want to or have the time to play alts and really only want to play one particular spec? Your reasons are good for people that play multiple specs and/or alts, but not for those that don't. So this comes down to again, if you play the way Trion thinks you should play your fine, but if you want to play your own way, well screw you, you're playing wrong and need to play the way we want you to. Reminds me of BiS Trinkets and CQ Power coming from Conquest, an area of the game I had no interest in, but Trion decided to say, "Screw you, we don't care if you don't like this, you will play it if you want to raid."