Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by thurizas View Post
    Yea it can be a little annoying; however:

(a) as a Rogue, you can always drop those tanking fragments into a tanking set. Yea, I know the first set is free, and you have to purchase the next several sets (don't recall the number or the cost). I for one like having multiple "sets" of fragments, as now I only have to carry one set of gear (seeing as how gear gives primary stats) and juggle fragments for the secondary stats that I need for any given spec.

(b) the fragments are account bound, as a Rogue those Wisdom / Int fragments can be sent to alts. They can use them at level 65 or sit in their inventory till they reach level 65.

(c) they are recyclable, so just break them.

All, in all, in my opinion I like the fragment system, mostly. (a) it removes the requirement for multiple sets of gear if you play different specs, (b) it allows you to adjust the secondary statistics on pieces of gear to mean an individual spec, (c) the fragments are tradeable between characters on the same account (so you can grind on you main and still make some progress on alts), (d) and finally they are a planerite dump (though not enough)....damn, I am really tired of "You have reached the maximum amount of Planerite" message.

-- Yea I would like more fragments that are directly applicable to my current spec. Also, have an inventory size of greater than 200 would be nice. Finally, although I know this will never happen, up the chance of getting higher tiers (tiers 3, 2 and 1) from open world content. Almost done with the "Feeding the Beast" quest and haven't seen anything better then tier 4...but whatever. I'm guessing when I get to the quest that requires 100 level 70 dungeons I'll start to get better fragments.
    But I have 0 interest in playing a tank mate. I'm terrible at it. The fragments are just really bad RNG. Surely you see that? I personally think it should roll for your current soul. It's so disheartening getting DEX-GUARD-WISDOM-BLOCK. Surely you understand my point?

It's not fun having a fragment roll worthless stats for your current soul. It's especially not fun it rolling 2 good stats then 2 bad ones. It's more that I'm frustrated with Trion and it doesn't seem to be getting better. I want this game to get better again. But the F2P model again is easily going to make me doubt that since it means they can monetise stupid things again as an "excuse".

Of course I recycle them but surely you understand my frustration getting stupid stats for a Ranger?

For multiple spec players your opinion does hold weight and is well thought out. The other problem is making Plat this xpac is meh so it encourages REX buying/selling.

Nice to have a discussion here with someone who understands the frustration.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-05 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    But what if I don't want to or have the time to play alts and really only want to play one particular spec? Your reasons are good for people that play multiple specs and/or alts, but not for those that don't. So this comes down to again, if you play the way Trion thinks you should play your fine, but if you want to play your own way, well screw you, you're playing wrong and need to play the way we want you to. Reminds me of BiS Trinkets and CQ Power coming from Conquest, an area of the game I had no interest in, but Trion decided to say, "Screw you, we don't care if you don't like this, you will play it if you want to raid."
    I don't see this so much as Trion forcing us to play the way they want, but rather Trion trying to appeal to the largest base. As long as your character and mine (also maining a Rogue/Ranger) get useable fragments at the same rate I don't see an issue here. Yes, I will have a few more specs 'geared' out and a few more alts (somewhat geared out, I'm no where near raid ready on any toon), but you will have way more cores then I do. Both both our toons will be progressing at the same rate (assuming we both do nominally the same activities).

As always, YMMV.

I don't see this so much as Trion forcing us to play the way they want, but rather Trion trying to appeal to the largest base. As long as your character and mine (also maining a Rogue/Ranger) get useable fragments at the same rate I don't see an issue here. Yes, I will have a few more specs 'geared' out and a few more alts (somewhat geared out, I'm no where near raid ready on any toon), but you will have way more cores then I do. Both both our toons will be progressing at the same rate (assuming we both do nominally the same activities).

As always, YMMV.
    I just see it as a way of them getting REX sales personally. Plat making is meh. And upgrading fragments get's very bloody costly plat wise.

They know they are running out of money to support it. I mean look at the quality of Starfall during it's launch. And to be honest it's still in a really bad position with the F2P transition again.

Surely you are aware of the issues within Rift itself at the moment?

Off topic. Nice to see someone on Faeblight. RP community is kind of one of the few good things left about Rift imo.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-05 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    But I have 0 interest in playing a tank mate. I'm terrible at it. The fragments are just really bad RNG. Surely you see that? I personally think it should roll for your current soul. It's so disheartening getting DEX-GUARD-WISDOM-BLOCK. Surely you understand my point?

It's not fun having a fragment roll worthless stats for your current soul. It's especially not fun it rolling 2 good stats then 2 bad ones. It's more that I'm frustrated with Trion and it doesn't seem to be getting better. I want this game to get better again. But the F2P model again is easily going to make me doubt that since it means they can monetise stupid things again as an "excuse".

Of course I recycle them but surely you understand my frustration getting stupid stats for a Ranger?
    I do, every time I see an INT/SPELL POWER (or their ilk) roll by I do think, 'what the hell am I going to do with that?'. Better itemization would be great, although i've yet to see a system that makes all players happy with gear distribution...but I'm hoping

I do, every time I see an INT/SPELL POWER (or their ilk) roll by I do think, 'what the hell am I going to do with that?'. Better itemization would be great, although i've yet to see a system that makes all players happy with gear distribution...but I'm hoping
    Allow the fragments to roll for your current soul. Solved. Just like in some games where you can target loot for your current spec.

If you are an Arbiter it rolls Arbiter stats.

If you are a Chloromancer it rolls Chloro stats.

It's not perfect but a damn sight better than how they are handled now.

And so on. It really is just a plat sink which gets people buying more REX since plat making was nerfed hard.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-05 at 06:05 PM.

Allow the fragments to roll for your current soul. Solved. Just like in some games where you can target loot for your current spec.

And so on. It really is just a plat sink which gets people buying more REX since plat making was nerfed hard.
    Or, if people still want to farm things for their alts with their main, or for off-specs with their main specs, just have it drop a chest that will have a fragment inside and roll the stats for the fragment upon opening the chest.. You get the chest, send it to whatever alt you want or change in to whatever spec you are trying to get a fragment for and then open the chest. Very elegant solution if I don't say so myself. I do think your solution is acceptable as well. You should be on the toon or in the spec you are trying to gear up. Many games do that and is perfectly fine. Just totally random though, that's really ludicrous.

I've missed a bit of the conversation but the fragment system is garbage as a whole. It's another useless stat stick system that does nothing but to make players grind. By my count, 34 stat sticks in the game. That's assuming a person ever only plays one build, if they play 3 then you're looking at 102. The game needs so much help right now, and the devs are clearly not the people to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    the devs
    Plural? Why?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Plural? Why?
    Hahaha. Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Plural? Why?
    Hah! I can just see Brasse standing over Vladd in a dark room illuminated by only the computer screen whipping him screaming "WORK FASTER."