Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Quick way to reach 60?

What is the quickest way to reach 60?

Deleted
    Get a DK and level it to 55...

all jokes aside, plenty of guides online that shows you leveling. Mostly involves BoA gear + XP potion + other random event buffs + recruit a friend

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post

all jokes aside, plenty of guides online that shows you leveling. Mostly involves BoA gear + XP potion + other random event buffs + recruit a friend
    You do realize this is for FFXIV and not WoW right?

From what I hear, just doing the main quest now will get you to 60 pretty quickly. I have only gotten someone to level 35 so I'm not a good person to answer this. Just wanted to comment on the above comment.

15+ Year Old Account

You aren't even in the correct game forum.

Pre-50, MSQ. If you are a healer / tank then instances to break things up.

50-60 either Potd or if tank / healer run dungeons or some combination of them. Do your daily roulette.

Second job?

If DPS: POTD

If tank/heals: POTD or dungeons

Deleted
    Ahh my appologies, I am not used to mmo beeing about FF aswell. I have yet to reach lvl 18 on my marauder, but I'm quite enjoying the game as it's free for me to play.

I'm not sure why people aren't recommending daily roulettes if your DPS but the queues have been under 20 minutes ever since Stormblood really launched so it's not a bad option and you get a bunch of XP from it. PLus while you're waiting in queue you can do other quests.

Technically...the quickest way is to buy a jump potion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I'm not sure why people aren't recommending daily roulettes if your DPS but the queues have been under 20 minutes ever since Stormblood really launched so it's not a bad option and you get a bunch of XP from it. PLus while you're waiting in queue you can do other quests.
    You've gotten lucky then or your data center is better than mine. I feel special if my dps queue takes less than 40 minutes for anything but pvp.

15+ Year Old Account
    And then you get a MSQ with a solo duty scenario after you've been in roulette queue for 10-15min.

Every
    Single
    Time
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Last time I queued expert roulette, it was a 45 min wait...granted, that was a week ago at minimum. Already have full verity gear on my only 70 and other jobs will be a bit before reaching 70...heck I even threw some verity gear on my BLM retainer to bump it over ilvl 300, lol.

I've been feasting on roulettes on tank/healer jobs, though. Lot of my time during the week (in game, that is) at this time is consumed with gathering and crafting, so that's also a factor in my lack of rouletting (is that even a word?).

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    And then you get a MSQ with a solo duty scenario after you've been in roulette queue for 10-15min.

Every
    Single
    Time
    Yea, I haven't been doing MSQ since I have been leveling Samurai to 60 to start on the Stormblood content. Sadly I haven't had much time to put into so I am behind the curve. But yea, it might just be my luck or my datacenter might crazy but the longest queue I've seen, as dps, since the full launch of Stormblood happened had been 26 min and even that is rare.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Last time I queued expert roulette, it was a 45 min wait...granted, that was a week ago at minimum. Already have full verity gear on my only 70 and other jobs will be a bit before reaching 70...heck I even threw some verity gear on my BLM retainer to bump it over ilvl 300, lol.

I've been feasting on roulettes on tank/healer jobs, though. Lot of my time during the week (in game, that is) at this time is consumed with gathering and crafting, so that's also a factor in my lack of rouletting (is that even a word?).
    That's awful, 45 minutes would be really annoying. It also might help if I clarified I meant more specifically the leveling and 50/60 roulette queues for dps have been low. Those are the main ones I have been doing while trying to level Samurai and they haven't been long waits and have helped a lot getting me from 50 - 60. Also idk if rouletting is a word but it works in context so yay

Go to Outlands at level 58, and get the weapon.
    Then you can decide to stay or go to Western Plaguelands.

Seriously, i hate ALL instant level potions.
    It is so unfair, and feel stupid to grind.

I will think twice to play any game has instant level potions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post

Every
    Single
    Time
    Can confirm. This happened on my Archer last night. 15 minutes in I got to my level 20 class quest. And of course it's instanced.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Go to Outlands at level 58, and get the weapon.
    Then you can decide to stay or go to Western Plaguelands.

Seriously, i hate ALL instant level potions.
    It is so unfair, and feel stupid to grind.

I will think twice to play any game has instant level potions.
    This is Final Fantasy 14...are you guys not looking before you post? Like even the recent posts on the front page shows the FF14 meteor logo/emblem thing.

Deleted
    As you can see I have been here 6 years and I rarely post, so I do not know mmo-champion became about more then just wow

That's awful, 45 minutes would be really annoying. It also might help if I clarified I meant more specifically the leveling and 50/60 roulette queues for dps have been low. Those are the main ones I have been doing while trying to level Samurai and they haven't been long waits and have helped a lot getting me from 50 - 60. Also idk if rouletting is a word but it works in context so yay
    I want to say 50-60 roulette was pretty bad for dps for a while when the initial wave of RDM/SAM players were all trying to queue for that (or at least the ones that were bored of PotD were). Been doing that roulette along with leveling and trial as WHM for the past week and change, though, and it's been instant queue 99% of the time, even if I bring along a dps or two from my FC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    It's always been, that's why it's called mmo-champion and not wow-champion
    But it's an easy mistake to make, you can see by the icons next to the posts which game they have to do with, you can even filter out the things you're not interested in.
    Used to, that icon didn't show there on the front page. Once, I ended up posting in a LoL thread due to the thread title being vague enough that I figured it was about WoW (as majority of this site is). I've yet to even play LoL.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    POTD is such a drag to grind and it's not like you can really make bank on it like you used to do.

Stick with MSQ and fate in between is probably the best way that won't make you want to blow your brains out.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Depends on whether this is your first to 60 or if this is a second class.

MSQ gives by far the most xp for time spent and also unlocks all of the content so focus on that. After that though, Palace of the Dead is the most efficient way to level from 1-60, with lower levels up to ~25 gaining at least 1 level per run with you actually gaining more than 1 level per set of floors. The 51-60 set of floors is the most efficient, but spam running 1-50 is also decent if you get good groups because everything dies so fast, but 41-50 can be a huge pain and is risky so most people stick with 51-60. The queues for floors 1-40 and 51-60 are nearly instant all the time with the others having a little bit of a wait, though not usually more than 5 minutes but every minute counts when those floors can only take 10-15 minutes...waiting for 5 minutes 2-3 times means you missed out on at least one floor set worth of experience. Not a big deal if you're enjoying yourself, probably won't even notice, I just bring it up from an xp/hour standpoint...waiting is time not spent gaining xp.

Roulettes are also a good option for Tanks and Healers since the queues are so fast. DPS are OK too if you want to wait, but your time is much better spent in PotD if you're just going for efficiency.

All that said, as long as you're having fun I wouldn't stress over it...just keep enjoying yourself. I will say though that if you plan on using PotD, take some time on a Striking Dummy or something to learn the actual dungeon play style of the class because PotD does not lend itself well to learning the ins and outs of class mechanics since everything is so fast and frantic.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    POTD is such a drag to grind and it's not like you can really make bank on it like you used to do.

Stick with MSQ and fate in between is probably the best way that won't make you want to blow your brains out.
    The shitty thing is no one does fates anymore now that POTD is such good xp. POTD and MSQ would be the best route.

You see people doing FATEs only in certain areas, really. I'll usually see people doing the lower-level ones in SB, for example. But unless you get a group of people running them, POTD is still better XP, esp. if you can run it with a reliable group that can speed-clear properly.