Guardian in Mythic ToS? Logs / Tips Requested

As our raid team steps into mythic ToS, we are getting our logs reviewed as we struggled a little more than we should have with Mythic Goroth. We only raid 2 nights and did manage to snag 10/10M NH before patch, but are wanting to find areas of improvement for Tomb. Here are logs from last night, is anyone able to assist with the following raider?

Leaves - Bear

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tzkLbmY9aWPMXRAQ

He did well, just new boss mistakes I think, but as we are pushing ourselves to identify self improvement areas hopefully someone is able to suggest some tips as it did feel like tanks were getting shrekt more than we expected / more than seems normal. Thank you!
    Raid Lead - Resto Druid - twitch.tv/yeslikeagirl

You say selfimprovement. Yet you as an officer come on here and post for about 90% of your raidteam, I feel pity for you as you must have an extremely undedicated roster =(

goroth is an awkward fight to tank, if you're having trouble with it slap on a tank trinket like the ones from guldan, host, or skorpyron (or the legendary tank trinket) and take survival of the fittest too if you need it
    then you just pop a cd when he throws the ball
    also any cd's you use while actually tanking him don't really matter and are basically wasted, he doesn't actually auto that hard, you just need to worry about getting 1-shot while taking quadruple the raid's aoe dmg
    he also had some other deaths to the other tank fucking up and dying and he had to tank while taking quadra-damage

both your tanks were making this mistake and then dying while they have the debuff struggling to tank the boss
    tracking externals with exorsus or some other addon can help too, ironbark and sac are up more often than you'd think

harjatan, you guys let tadpoles get too close, which the tank should pay attention to, but it's not entirely on him
    both of them need to taunt closer to their bleed falling off I guess
    and the bigger thing is you need at least 2 3min cd healer cds going off to live through the 3rd frigid blows, but he could try to save more FRs for then I guess
    just get tanks to move to the middle of the room after tadpoles then have the bear stampeding roar and call the egg spawn marker and get everyone there before slam

Quote Originally Posted by foibooze View Post
    You say selfimprovement. Yet you as an officer come on here and post for about 90% of your raidteam, I feel pity for you as you must have an extremely undedicated roster =(
    Just because I am anal and posting for them doesn't mean they aren't just as actively seeking ways to improve. If you want to speak harshly about anyone it should be me, since you have zero idea what they're doing individually on their class discords etc... like I said I'm just anal and had time available to help.

Thank you Ryklin for the tips! This is very useful and I appreciate it. Shifting CDs from active ranking to handling raid damage with melted armor is definitely going to help with the majority of our tank deaths. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    Just because I am anal and posting for them doesn't mean they aren't just as actively seeking ways to improve. If you want to speak harshly about anyone it should be me, since you have zero idea what they're doing individually on their class discords etc... like I said I'm just anal and had time available to help.
    Speaking as an officer/GM of guilds since BC, he wasn't really speaking harshly, and you wouldn't have to post for other people if they did that much self-improvement, just saying <shrug>. Not criticizing you or your raiders, just seems odd from a neutral bystander, y'know?

OT: Like Ryklin says, Goroth sucks and most "tank issues" on this fight is actually due to the rest of the raid. There isn't really much to fuck up on as a Tank for this fight (short of hitting the entire raid with your giant AoE circle, and if you're that bad, how the fuck are you tanking Mythics); it's all about surviving the Shattering Star Novas, the spikes the ball destroys, and the Infernal Burning breaking every spike, since for each spike/point of damage you take, the tank with the debuff takes 4x (so 4 spikes broken = 16 spikes of damage to the tank).

To avoid one-shots, cooldowns should be used conservatively until Shattering Star or Infernal Burning is about to go out. Having externals like Pain Sup, Ironbark, etc will really come in handy. Tanking trinkets over DPS trinkets are also helpful, but you'll want protective/proactive trinkets, not healing/reactive trinkets (e.g., the Tichondrius Leech trinket sucks, but the Dagger Heft from Chronomatic Anomoly is helpful). Provided your other tank isn't also a Druid, they should have some level of active mitigation against it (DKs are absolutely broken on this fight for the record; my guild runs Druid/DK tanks), though your Druid should be fine with Barkskin, ROTS, and 3 different Survival Instincts (due to his ring).

Guild tried to push Goroth last week but a mixture of poor attendance and having too many tank deaths (through no real fault of their own) was our downfall. Gotta manage spikes and all tank/non-tank protective external cooldowns and you'll do fine.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Speaking as an officer/GM of guilds since BC, he wasn't really speaking harshly, and you wouldn't have to post for other people if they did that much self-improvement, just saying <shrug>. Not criticizing you or your raiders, just seems odd from a neutral bystander, y'know?
    The dude posts 0 help and just says he pity's me as I have an "extremely undedicated roster". 10/10 troll attempt. You will notice no one has given specific advice on how the bear can improve besides general tank tips for the boss (which he is likely doing) and trinket comments, so as already stated I am sure he puts in plenty of research but we are a team and I had time to do some research myself and so did so.

As a side note, as you can see if you had opened the logs, we already killed Goroth and got Harjarbinks to 20%, so possibly you may want to consider posting for your team as well, since calling my efforts odd from someone less progressed than us also seems odd, from a neutral bystanders position Thank you for the good write up on general tanking Goroth tips though, best of luck to your team once you resolve your own tank deaths and attendance.
    Last edited by Broccoliz; 2017-07-06 at 06:16 PM.

Can we pls get back on topic and help the guy with his logs?

it's a fight where healers actually need to heal tanks some and he needs to have frenzied charges available for the spikes. Having said that, your healers aren't really healing tanks as they're squabbling over the burst AoE healing, your paladin has sacrifice and 1 aura mastery instead of being useful in a fight full of predictable spikes. The tanking in your kill isnt terrible(didn't look through all the wipes) but for 5 healing your lack of dedicated tank throughput it terrible.