Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Maiden logs help

My guild is progressing on heroic maiden right now, and were struggling with the 'everybody stack in a spot and dont hit the wrong color orb' phase.

Does anybody know what buff or debuff or what I should be looking for in logs to see who is triggering hitting an orb of the wrong color?

- - - Updated - - -

bump, anybody know how to track this down? I guess I just have to look at time stamps for when people get the explody debuff then look at the replay and see who was out of place at that time? Any quicker ways of figuring this out?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there's any easy method. Orbs don't deal damage, they merely trigger Unstable Soul - any chains happen at the same time so timestamps alone won't help, need to check the position manually. If you have issues, tell the people to stay in place and only have tanks collect the proper orbs. Less buffs, but also less risk of someone screwing up.

Either make your tanks get it or assign some people that you can rely on to get the orbs.
    I know that you can't know what people will be on each side but if you assign enough people, there should be at least one on each side.
    I allways grab a side and then assign either one tank or a dps on the other side (on the fly).

I know this since I had 2 hours of constant wipes last week on Maiden HC because of stupid guildies.
    We put marks in the back, about 15 yards away from boss on either side.
    We make them all stack on the marks and only pre-asigned people will grab the orbs.

You could check timeline on logs and/or replay function for the Unstable soul. If there are 3 people that get it, it's the boss natural script. But if different than 3, check the first one that got Unstable soul and you should find the culprit.
    Last edited by zeoos; 2017-06-29 at 02:36 PM.

You can stand on the metal railing bar things and be 100% safe from ever being hit by any of the orbs, let your retards stand there.

Quote Originally Posted by zeoos View Post
    Either make your tanks get it or assign some people that you can rely on to get the orbs.
    I know that you can't know what people will be on each side but if you assign enough people, there should be at least one on each side.
    I allways grab a side and then assign either one tank or a dps on the other side (on the fly).

I know this since I had 2 hours of constant wipes last week on Maiden HC because of stupid guildies.
    We put marks in the back, about 15 yards away from boss on either side.
    We make them all stack on the marks and only pre-asigned people will grab the orbs.

You could check timeline on logs and/or replay function for the Unstable soul. If there are 3 people that get it, it's the boss natural script. But if different than 3, check the first one that got Unstable soul and you should find the culprit.
    This is your best route... You can really only rely on 1 tank being fel and the other being holy every single time... other than that, you can't really pre-assign people to soak one side or the other. We had tank grab the inner most orbs, a melee grab the middle orb while the healers/range just sit on a raid marker and DPS. We purposefully ignored the outer lane.

Yeah thats what we did, just took people awhile to figure out they were just supposed to stand there and dps the boss and not move for orbs. I ended up assigning people on the fly (tanks inner lanes always, I always took whatever side I was on middle lane, and then I'd assign one other person). Seemed pretty easy once everybody figured out their only job was to park on the markers.

edit: also would be awesome to see if there was some way to figure out who triggered each orb so that running pugs was easier.

You could do it, idk how reliable is this method. You can see who messed up and got the bomb.
    I linked our 2nd normal Maiden kill with noob guildies, very messy fight.
    You can see that when one person get's a bomb and spreads it, it's the first one listed. When normal script launches 3 bombs, it's easily identified.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=235117

Check here: http://imgur.com/a/w9ehS
    In 1st and 2nd photos, you can see that two players, Abaray and Hardbone get first bomb then spread it out to rest of players.
    In the 3rd photo is the normal script when Maiden throws 3 bombs randomly.

And here you can check the order in which player gained the buff from orbs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...34&end=7201548

As you can see there, Kyre and Eliata, some very good dps that were not on Discord, went out and started meleeing boss and grabbed orbs while the range players got them much later because they were hogged by the melee.

I am not sure if its already available, but combine the above mentioned debuff tracking with the REPLAY feature on warcraft logs. An easy alternative is to record your tries and check the video, but its not that easy to spot.

Deleted
    Plus, you don't need the buff to kill the boss, it's just for juicy numbers. And it's usually people who care for those more than for tactics who make the mistakes. If they can't behave, just tell them no one picks up the orbs ever and the issue is solved. Bench whoever does it anyway.

Why you make it so hard and time intensive? Just record the fight. Download OBS, Create a Youtube-Account and here you go. You can easily track down who failed if you place your camera-position in a good angle.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that's quite the same thing - you can have people trigger unstable soul on others and yet not explode in the raid. They will mess up but won't cause friendly fire, thus telling you nothing about who really started the chain.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Again, this doesn't tell you who started the chain. You can have one player grab a wrong orb, instantly affect five others with Unstable Soul and friendly fire won't show that. You have to manually check who was out of position during the first debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Again, this doesn't tell you who started the chain. You can have one player grab a wrong orb, instantly affect five others with Unstable Soul and friendly fire won't show that. You have to manually check who was out of position during the first debuff.
    That's what I'm seeing in logs as well, but I guess maybe I am doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by zeoos View Post
    You could do it, idk how reliable is this method. You can see who messed up and got the bomb.
    I linked our 2nd normal Maiden kill with noob guildies, very messy fight.
    You can see that when one person get's a bomb and spreads it, it's the first one listed. When normal script launches 3 bombs, it's easily identified.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ability=235117

Check here: http://imgur.com/a/w9ehS
    In 1st and 2nd photos, you can see that two players, Abaray and Hardbone get first bomb then spread it out to rest of players.
    In the 3rd photo is the normal script when Maiden throws 3 bombs randomly.

And here you can check the order in which player gained the buff from orbs:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...34&end=7201548

As you can see there, Kyre and Eliata, some very good dps that were not on Discord, went out and started meleeing boss and grabbed orbs while the range players got them much later because they were hogged by the melee.
    This doesn't work, the events aren't necessarily in order. I fucked it up one pull just to test and it put me 3rd in the list.

bring less players if you trying to do 20+ raids.

you should upload a log if you want help

I know this sounds stupid but would it be possible to look at the replay and see if someone moved out to soak an orb or something

My guild originally was doing everyone run as a group and pick up orbs and eventually we changed it to everyone just stack in the gap and 1 person grabs any orbs nearby.
    Last edited by shyguybman; 2017-07-04 at 04:12 PM.

Yeah i seen now that if the players are stacked and someone messes up, they will all get the debuff at the exact same millisecond.
    You can only use logs to check if one player got the debuff and then spread it to nearby players.
    You can check http://imgur.com/a/w9ehS
    Abaray got it at the exact same millisecond as other players but Hardbone got it at .249 and rest started to get it at .278. So there you can say that Hardbone messed up, but can't be sure about Abaray.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilemma90 View Post
    bring less players if you trying to do 20+ raids.

you should upload a log if you want help
    I don't want somebody to do it for me tho, I wanted to figure out if there was a more efficient way of figuring out whodunit than looking at timestamps for explosion debuff and then watching replay to see who was out of place at that second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    I don't want somebody to do it for me tho, I wanted to figure out if there was a more efficient way of figuring out whodunit than looking at timestamps for explosion debuff and then watching replay to see who was out of place at that second.
    There really isn't. Orbs don't do damage and the time you get the debuff depends on your ms, so you don't necessarily get it first even if you triggered it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    My guild is progressing on heroic maiden right now, and were struggling with the 'everybody stack in a spot and dont hit the wrong color orb' phase.

Does anybody know what buff or debuff or what I should be looking for in logs to see who is triggering hitting an orb of the wrong color?

- - - Updated - - -

bump, anybody know how to track this down? I guess I just have to look at time stamps for when people get the explody debuff then look at the replay and see who was out of place at that time? Any quicker ways of figuring this out?
    with warcraft logs you can track this after the fact
    it is a debuff
    you can watch a replay and when it happens you can see who is where and see what person is in the wrong place, if you can link me a warcraft logs of it happenin i can show you how to tell

is an example of people doing it right, you can see the person buffs and see he has holy, selecting everyone on that side they will all have holy, you can see when it happens, go back a few seconds, and check everyones debuff, to see if they were in the right spot

yes this means each time it will happen you will need to upload logs then check, or you can do it at the end of the night and see all who did it

for the ones running into the wrong orb, the only way to tell is to see if the same name shows up over and over in the group of people that get the bombs put on them
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-07-05 at 09:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content