Page 70 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by perasite View Post
    Actually, I'm proud of the stances I take. I'm proud that I would disagree with this action if it came from the right or left. I'm proud that when people doxxed a Blizzard employee a few years back, I stood against it, even though I didn't like the change they'd made. Because doxing someone is not OK. Because the purpose of it is to hurt someone and that is not ok. Is it legally wrong? Probably not unless it gets acted on, and then it may just be legally wrong. Ethically wrong? Absolutely.
    An investigative reporter revealing someone's identity in an article is not doxxing. That is standard practice. Really not that hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    He's Sealioning
    https://www.quora.com/What-is-sealioning

Ignore him.
    That's my new favorite expression

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    An investigative reporter revealing someone's identity in an article is not doxxing. That is standard practice. Really not that hard.
    An investigative reporter revealing someone's identity for the sole purpose of inciting harassment against that individual is in fact doxing.

Threatening to reveal the name if the person doesn't comply with your demands is proof that the intent was inciting harassment. Asking if you should, indicates you know it is wrong.
    This is my signature and it is special.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There was no "duress". All CNN was poised to do was to reveal who HanAssholeSolo really was. Any flak he would have taken due to his comments and posts would have been because of the content of his comments and posts. Presented with that possibility, he reached out to apologize. CNN didn't ask him for that. Duress requires that you force someone to act against their will. The apology was HanAssholeSolo's idea, not something he was forced into against his will.
    Endus I am sorry but this is complete and utter bullshit. Did you not see the message CNN said they would release it if he doesn't behave? You keep forgetting the most important part.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Do I care? Personally? Not really, no.

It's against site rules, though, so I can't recommend you make the attempt.
    now lets say for instance, 2 years from now, and this is just for instance so please stay with me here.

Lets say MMO champ is outted as a terrorist ran website. its not, but its viewed by many as such. everyone on the site is demonized for the next 2 months by roughly half the US.
    Fox finds out who Endus the mod of this site was, would you be okay with them giving your info to millions of people? Some of which want nothing more then to damage those they disagree with.
    Dont bullshit me, you wouldnt, no one would.

It doesnt matter if the guy is a fucking douche, and he is, threatning to release his info would have unreal consequences. it takes only 1 crazy. in the USA today, its not hard to assume 1 crazy would go after him.

CNN is asserting their power over a meme. its fuckin ridiculous. he isnt in isis beheading americans or even egging liberals homes, he made a wwe meme. people who are defending this are hypocrites that would cry fowl play if someone with influence over millions demonized them as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    A rather muted response compared to what CNN are getting.
    Appropriate for their relevance.
    I share a whole lot with the idiots at CNN too. They're just more important, and need to be held to a much higher standard.

And I gave you an answer which you proceeded to dismiss as evasion and insinuated bad faith on my part with nothing to back it up. Now I know the response will be "omg hypocrisy, you're making the same a priori judgement about The_Donald/the alt-right" but it's not the same because those groups have already demonstrated bad faith. Giving them the benefit of the doubt after all the doxxxing and harassment that they've championed (hell, they're promoting dogpiling a Buzzfeed journalist and attacking every CNN journalist regardless of their involvement in the story on their front page right now) would be extremely naive.
    I mean... you're making an apriory judgement on my response...
    Guess it's fair, if you felt wronged by my questioning.
    But I think you still don't get it: I feel wronged when you lump me with death threateners, and later thedonald people. Taking the high moral ground against the idiots at CNN, who are muddling the waters, and diverting the issue (the issue being the potus, still) just for clicks, is a very decent thing to do (not to imply that shilling for them is indecent).

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Endus I am sorry but this is complete and utter bullshit. Did you not see the message CNN said they would release it if he doesn't behave? You keep forgetting the most important part.
    Of course he saw it. Endus always does this. Ignores anything that doesn't agree with him. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    now lets say for instance, 2 years from now, and this is just for instance so please stay with me here.

Lets say MMO champ is outted as a terrorist ran website. its not, but its viewed by many as such. everyone on the site is demonized for the next 2 months by roughly half the US.
    Fox finds out who Endus the mod of this site was, would you be okay with them giving your info to millions of people? Some of which want nothing more then to damage those they disagree with.
    Dont bullshit me, you wouldnt, no one would.

It doesnt matter if the guy is a fucking douche, and he is, threatning to release his info would have unreal consequences. it takes only 1 crazy. in the USA today, its not hard to assume 1 crazy would go after him.

CNN is asserting their power over a meme. its fuckin ridiculous. he isnt in isis beheading americans or even egging liberals homes, he made a wwe meme. people who are defending this are hypocrites that would cry fowl play if someone with influence over millions demonized them as well.
    Make no mistake. I think CNN are a bunch of retrards for pursuing this at any level. But if CNN put him on blast for his shitty comments then the issues is HIS SHITTY COMMENTS not that CNN put him on blast.

Of course he saw it. Endus always does this. Ignores anything that doesn't agree with him. Always.
    the mother fucking irony of this post. The mother fucking noah flooding levels of irony.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

An investigative reporter revealing someone's identity for the sole purpose of inciting harassment against that individual is in fact doxing.
    As others have said, pure fantasy. You are simply making shit up.

This is a newsworthy event. So his identity is newsworthy.

Threatening to reveal the name if the person doesn't comply with your demands is proof that the intent was inciting harassment. Asking if you should, indicates you know it is wrong.
    Not really. It showed courtesy. They could have just released his name. They should have. Would have saved us a lot of stupid debate.

They went out of their way to protect him. He should be thankful.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Make no mistake. I think CNN are a bunch of retrards for pursuing this at any level. But if CNN put him on blast for his shitty comments then the issues is HIS SHITTY COMMENTS not that CNN put him on blast.
    Actually the issue would be both his comments and the fact that CNN only put him on blast to make him pay through the harassment he would be certain to receive. Both are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a word for people that accuse others of what they do themselves, and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Hmmmm...

As others have said, pure fantasy. You are simply making shit up.

This is a newsworthy event. So his identity is newsworthy.

Not really. It showed courtesy. They could have just released his name. They should have. Would have saved us a lot of stupid debate.

They went out of their way to protect him. He should be thankful.
    They went out of their way to threaten him. They should be thankful if he doesn't sue.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    There's a word for people that accuse others of what they do themselves, and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Hmmmm...
    The word is called an "Endus" or "Tennisace".

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

Hmmmm...
    I've responded to every accusation against me, with full quotes, not editing it like Elba.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's actually hilarious that people are justifying CNN here. It's not good journalism when you know the shit storm that will be cast on this guy if they reveal his identity to the public. Hell, it doesn't even follow the journalism code of ethics:

– Consider sources’ motives before promising anonymity. Reserve anonymity for sources who may face danger, retribution or other harm, and have information that cannot be obtained elsewhere. Explain why anonymity was granted.
    - https://www.spj.org/ethicscode.asp

So just because he decides to troll on a sub reddit made specifically to act like a terrible person and continues to do so after he said he wouldn't, you should still reserve anonymity, not hold it over his head like some sort of threat. You shouldn't even care what his political leanings are, he's still a person and a corporation tracked a man down from the internet for making a meme.

Difference is the consequences to HanassholeSolo would be of his own making.

The ones to Endus would not.

You really, really, don't understand personal responsibility, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    again in sentiment, i agree. But in reality i dont. people are too fucking nuts with this shit. He wouldnt just get hate emails. people would find his house, his family, and turn his life into a hell.

if he was someone with influence, or status, and was actually committing a crime this would be a different story. he is some random dude who made a meme. if none of the other info got out, nothing was found that he said previously, and CNN released his name, he would still get totally fucked by some lunatics. thats the problem.

theres this tiny minority of people on both sides of the politcal spectrum, who want nothing more then blood and to makes those who oppose them suffer. again, TINY minority, but because of this, it would be a horrid thing to do.

They went out of their way to threaten him. They should be thankful if he doesn't sue.
    No, they said they accept his apology as long as it is sincere. They hold him to the standard eh himself set for himself by apologizing and begging.

No, they said they accept his apology as long as it is sincere. They hold him to the standard eh himself set for himself by apologizing and begging.
    But if they deem it not sincere enough then BY GOD DESTROY THIS MAN!!!

Ridiculous.

theres this tiny minority of people on both sides of the politcal spectrum, who want nothing more then blood and to makes those who oppose them suffer. again, TINY minority, but because of this, it would be a horrid thing to do.
    There are laws against those people.