Page 71 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yat-Yas View Post
    It's actually hilarious that people are justifying CNN here.
    Actually, what's really hilarious is that apparently, of all the fucking rags in the world, Buzzfeed, MOTHERFUCKING BUZZFEED, did far more research into this than fucking CNN. You wanna know why?

Because according to, of all sources, Buzzfeed,
    CNN may very well have outed the wrong person behind the image.

So yea. To all the people who support doxxing?

That's why sane people oppose doxxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    No, they said they accept his apology as long as it is sincere. They hold him to the standard eh himself set for himself by apologizing and begging.
    No one should have to "beg" to not have their life destroyed by a major news organization. No one.
    This is my signature and it is special.

Quote Originally Posted by perasite View Post
    But if they deem it not sincere enough then BY GOD DESTROY THIS MAN!!!

Ridiculous.
    No, they would reveal his identity, as the public deserves, and he would have destroyed himself. If you say something that could destroy you, that is the risk you take,

Difference is the consequences to HanassholeSolo would be of his own making.

The ones to Endus would not.

You really, really, don't understand personal responsibility, do you?
    you dont understand inciting violence do you?

if i knew a group of people who hunt down ANYONE with the name elba on on forum and murder their families, would it be cool if i gave them your info?
    no. no it wouldnt be. but i gues according to you its fine, personal responsibility and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, no. The horrid thing to do is behave like this guy did for years and years until he got caught. Now he's so worried about his abhorrent behavior he basically begged CNN not to run his identity. All of this is due to his own actions and he has to face the consequences. Which he did when he apologized and begged CNN not to run the story.
    no he is worried 1 lunatic could come and kill his fucking family over comments. that someone could destroy his life over nothing. id take back anything ive ever said to keep shit like that away from my family. all this due to CNN directly threatening him.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    As I said, my name is Brock Muller. What information besides name did CNN say they would report, exactly?
    That is irrelevant, you apparently don't care about anonymity.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

I dont understand how people are defending CNN. The meme was stupid, it was a joke. They are going to threaten to blast somebodys name over that?? Cmon.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    you dont understand inciting violence do you?
    Investigative journalism and naming names is no inciting violence. The reporter is not responsible for what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    if i knew a group of people who hunt down ANYONE with the name elba on on forum and murder their families, would it be cool if i gave them your info?
    no. no it wouldnt be. but i gues according to you its fine, personal responsibility and all.
    Honestly, this is such a dumb, bizarre straw man that I sheer baffled. (Also, you seem super obsessed with people getting murdered, creepy.)

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    I dont understand how people are defending CNN. The meme was stupid, it was a joke. They are going to threaten to blast somebodys name over that?? Cmon.
    They have to defend CNN. It's all they have left.

It's adorable.

Elba and Endus are infamous for defending stupid stuff. You get used to it.

CNN has the legal right to name him. CNN has the obligation to the public to name him. They chsoe not to. That makes them saints.

Deleted
    They want blood. Preferably from the potus. But any random dude can do.
    It's the circus they voted to have. It's the circus they get.
    Embarrassing for sure. And it'll probably get worse unless they eventually get bored of their ape instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    Appropriate for their relevance.
    I share a whole lot with the idiots at CNN too. They're just more important, and need to be held to a much higher standard.
    CNN don't have a history of radicalizing people to the point of action. The_Donald and the alt-right do. They also take great pride in showcasing their guns, I'd say that merits attention. Journalistic standards are important but ignoring a volatile group of people seems silly.

But I think you still don't get it: I feel wronged when you lump me with death threateners, and later thedonald people. Taking the high moral ground against the idiots at CNN, who are muddling the waters, and diverting the issue (the issue being the potus, still) just for clicks, is a very decent thing to do (not to imply that shilling for them is indecent).
    Then I apologize for not being clear as to who I was referring to; the people pushing the false narrative, not the people genuinely discussing journalistic standards.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2017-07-05 at 10:53 PM.

Elba and Endus are infamous for defending stupid stuff. You get used to it.
    No. Endus defends civil rights and holds up personal responsibility. Which you seem to oppose.

I really hate Nazis. Which you seem to defend.

CNN has the legal right to name him. CNN has the obligation to the public to name him. They chsoe not to. That makes them saints.
    They have no such obligation and you know it. As a matter of fact, if they had named it and he'd been harmed, they very likely could face legal issues because they in fact had no reason to need to name him.

One of the most beautiful things about the internet is (relative) anonymity. In a lot of ways it is analogous to free speech. Free speech is granted by the constitution as a legal right, however in the court of public opinion your thoughts on a subject, be they persistent or merely fleeting, are always on trial and can have serious life altering ramifications. However, with anonymity granted by the internet, you have the benefit of speaking your mind and putting your opinions before the court of public opinion without risking your reputation or potentially bodily harm (people are crazy they might actually try and hurt you).

Now, just like with free speech, there is good and bad things that come from this because lets face it people say shitty things all the damn time. In the end though holding our anonymity as sacred is important as it promotes the spread of ideas (both good and bad) that would otherwise not be dared to be spoken across a much much larger audience, one that isn't just an echo chamber of our close social circles we form in real life.

Personally I think no matter how much people troll on the internet and don't get punished for it, it is only a small price to pay for the free spread of ideas across the globe. If we start policing what people say then we ALL start fearing what we put online, and the internet as we know it today is pretty much lost.
    Last edited by Zylos; 2017-07-05 at 10:56 PM.

No. Endus defends civil rights and holds up personal responsibility. Which you seem to oppose.

I really hate Nazis. Which you seem to defend.
    Please state where exactly I've defended Nazis. Now you're just making stuff up. I've had enough of you.

I'm all for personal responsibility. I think this guy was wrong. I also think CNN was wrong. They have responsibility as well. You can just hold off on your personal attacks now there internet keyboard warrior.

They have no such obligation and you know it. As a matter of fact, if they had named it and he'd been harmed, they very likely could face legal issues because they in fact had no reason to need to name him.
    Wrong and wrong. Newsworthy story. Newsworthy person. Public has a right to know.

If he had been harmed there would only be legal action against the person doing the harm. CNN would be blameless.

Do you want news reports to stop naming people all together? Stop reporting on stuff because something might happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    CNN don't have a history of radicalizing people to the point of action. The_Donald and the alt-right do. They also take great pride in showcasing their guns, I'd say that merits attention. Journalistic standards are important but ignoring a volatile group of people seems silly.

Then I apologize for not being clear as to who I was referring to; the people pushing the false narrative, not the people genuinely discussing journalistic standards. However you could perhaps forgive my confusion when people adopt the narrative.
    Oh fuck.

No fucking way.

You are seriously comparing CNN to some dopey sub-reddits when talking about responsibility as they are equal.

This forum has reached a new low.

This day in infamy.

Please state where exactly I've defended Nazis. Now you're just making stuff up. I've had enough of you.
    The guy is an anti Semite. You spend several pages defending the (non existing) right of an anti Semite to anonymity.