Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Enough sky golem look alike mounts to form its ultimate creation Shreddertron.

Is it bad I want Antorus to be a year long tier so I have enough time to get one of these?

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizz for the love of god, do not fucking put this on the store. Let us earn it. Netherwing dailies 2.0 plx

Deleted
    I don't give a shit about this new sky golem, really hope THIS is the argus mythic mount - way cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well, okay. If I see everybody else running around with the same mount like me I'm quickly going for another one. I can't stand it.
    That's a personal issue derived from a strange need to be noticed.

No need to cater to that.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, another mount that looks like the others we already got with that style...
    I don't know of any other mounts that look like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, okay. If I see everybody else running around with the same mount like me I'm quickly going for another one. I can't stand it.
    AHh I see, you have special snowflake syndrome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be surprised if this isn't a store mount.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

I don't really like mounts on the store but I'd buy this one.

However, id much rather see it gated behind a rep grind. Give people something really nice to work for. We haven't had mounts tied to factions at all this expac.

1 of 3 things:

Store mount
    Rep reward (doubt it but remaining hopeful)
    Mythic raiding mount

plz make it the mythic argus mount so when you see someone strolling around Dalaran in it, You'd be awestruck

if it was a store mount or rep gated, it'd lose that unique snowflake feel that mythic raid mounts usually entitle early on

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I don't know of any other mounts that look like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Not gonna take this too much further but why does it matter if he wants to look cooler or better than people around him? "Special snowflake syndrome" is a pretty shitty term.

Working harder than people around you to afford a cooler car/better looking car than people around you happens all the time. A lot of people are motivated to get things others don't have. Happens in real life, happens in WoW. It's a common motivation.

Challenge modes in MoP are a good example. Work hard to get em so you have some really nice looking armor other people don't. In real life, you buy a Lambo to have a really nice looking car other people don't.

It's not this huge negative "syndrome" you're talking about. It's a motivating factor in many people's daily lives and yes, it's a motivating factor in video games too. It's a really common thing that's not this huge negative deal you're making it out to be.

TLDR: Wanting to have prestige is common in everything. Real life, video games, anywhere. Pride as well. I have a lot of pride in some achievements that I have in the game that you can't get anymore that are really old. Same with gear sets. That's not negative at all, very common motivating factor.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-07-06 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    It isn't really special snowflake syndrome, mounts for some people, are a prestigious thing. Like titles, gear etc. If everyone can get that mount, there isn't any pride behind it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    No one knows, hopefully not though, its too cool of a mount to lock behind less than 1% of the playerbase (those who don't pay millions for it anyway)
    The coolest mounts in the game, should come from the hardest content to do, they shouldn't be extremely common.

There's no such thing as "Too cool a mount" for a mythic end boss, there's definitely "Too cool a mount" for a lot of things, but not a mythic end boss.

Yeah it sucks if you can't get it, but you make the choice to not raid, whether due to lack of interest, time restraints, lack of skill. So why should players who commit to the game, put in more effort than most of the playerbase, not be rewarded?

When was the last store mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Arenis View Post
    Store. I guarantee it.
    have we even gotten any store mounts this expansion? feels like its been a long time since weve had one

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    When was the last store mount?
    i think the grinning reaver in wod. since then we have only had charity pets

- - - Updated - - -

moose was going to be a store mount but they changed it to drop from archimonde to give us something to do during content drought
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

good mounts are wasted on mythic raiders. they have their difficulty, that's all they deserve.

but that's probably what it'll be sadly. a real waste of a mount.

What's with Blizzard's hard on for mecha-mounts lately? We've been getting a new one at the end of each expansion for some reason.....

Quote Originally Posted by BedlamBros View Post
    What's with Blizzard's hard on for mecha-mounts lately? We've been getting a new one at the end of each expansion for some reason.....
    we still dont have all that many in the game and until they added them they were one of the most requested mounts.

im surprised we dont have more tbh, the spider tanks have been in game since vanilla and we still dont have one of those yet.

and those robo wolves and spiders they added would make great mounts
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Please, just don't make it a Mythic Antorus drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    have we even gotten any store mounts this expansion? feels like its been a long time since weve had one

- - - Updated - - -

i think the grinning reaver in wod. since then we have only had charity pets

- - - Updated - - -

moose was going to be a store mount but they changed it to drop from archimonde to give us something to do during content drought
    Mystic Runesaber in 2015, during WoD. The Grinning Reaver was before that, a bit after WoD went live.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    It isn't really special snowflake syndrome, mounts for some people, are a prestigious thing. Like titles, gear etc. If everyone can get that mount, there isn't any pride behind it.
    This exactly. It just reminds me of the days WoW had content that was "exclusive" or required some work. That's why I'm running around with a yet-unobtainable Vanilla PvP title and a pretty rare TBC mount. Has nothing to do with me being a "special snowflake" but the time I invested back then to get something unique.

New Recruit-A-Friend mount coming in 7.3.