Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[BM] question regarding 2 set NH / 4 set ToS and legendary's

Hi everyone

first of all sorry if there is a thread about this already, but I am really going mental here

Recently I got my 4 set from ToS and I also have the legendary chest

but whatever I do, simming wise / raidbots

2 set NH / 4 set ToS with bracers always sim higher
    even
    4 set NH / 2 set ToS with bracers still sims higher

I do not even have the new legendary ring for BM, but according to logs its great
    I see everyone using bracers or the new bm ring combinated with the safe spot legendary belt

is the legendary chest overrated or something? because the NH 2 set is rly strong

Some ppl say go Dire Frenzy instead with 4 set ToS / chest, but i do not see any good logs about that tbh

At this point i feel like benching my legendary chest and go with bracers/belt so i can keep 2 set NH at least, until the i hopefully
    obtain the new legendary ring ....

Anyone feel like this?

Thanks

Pretty much, unless they nerf the t19 2 set, 4set+2set is the superior combo, i truly hope the t19 2set gets nerfed and we're compensated elsewhere, a previous tier set shouldn't be relevant for progressive DPS.

Yeah, I'm pretty sick of the 2pc t19 shit BM is forced into atm. It feels like there's just so few slots to upgrade or look for offpieces with 6 slots devoted to 2 different tier sets, 2 for legendaries and even trinkets are debatable between old ones still. Blizzard is really shitting the bed with making new raid gear desirable with their balancing atm.

As for your setup, 4pc t20 should be a significant boost over 4pc t19, like the above poster said. And as for legendaries, with a 2pc19 and 4pc20 setup, for most people it's belt always and 2nd one being anything between Huntmaster ring, bracers (rarely see this anymore), chest and lately people are realizing that 970 Prydaz and even Sephuz are competitive. Personally my best simming combo is belt/Prydaz, which couldn't make me happier for Mythic progression.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    At first I was like hey, less gear to get and what not. But the more I play and feel forced into it, I have to agree they need to nerf it and compensate elsewhere.

Deleted
    Well, I just came out of ToS with a couple 920 set piece bits to complete my T20.

Both AMR and Raidbots say that keeping an 890 and a 900 T19 is a 20k increase over the 920 and 930 bits.
    Considering 20k is something like almost 2% I feel that it is a bit of a wash.

I simmed Dire Frenzy instead of Stomp with no 2p T10 but the difference was minimal, something like 5k -9k.

Raidbot keeps the new ring and the wrists as my best legendary combo choice.

AMR wants me to use Prydaz and the belt as my legendaries (though forcing the change to new ring and wrists actually makes a small increase over the best-in-bags choices). Then again it also tells me it will be a 9.30% DPS increase to do the recommended best-in-bags changes, though simply pressing the simulate button shows it's rather a 1.7% increase. I'm not sure where the rest of % disappeared to.

Deleted
    Great to see I am not the only one with this

Well best is at the moment 4 SeT ToS / 2 SeT NH.

I am amazed how strong this is indeed, since I do not have the new lego ring, i play with bracers and a 890 CoF, sims the best for me and feels the best to when I play.

Funny part is that my T19 pieces are 915 glooves and 910 chest. And i have a Offset with 945 ilvl chest and glooves and even that do not stand a chance
    T19 bonus is just to great, like you all say.

makes me feel like i have to farm NH again, but meh,, and make me even feel worst not having the new lego ring neither lal, but ok i cannot complaiin about the dps

I just remember how hype everyone was about the legendary chest for BM and a few hunters told me that the new ring sucks sucks sucks ..

Ye right, bracers/ring give you the oppertunity to use that sick combo T20/T19, nothing beats that for now

greetz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Pretty much, unless they nerf the t19 2 set, 4set+2set is the superior combo, i truly hope the t19 2set gets nerfed and we're compensated elsewhere, a previous tier set shouldn't be relevant for progressive DPS.
    Yep its pretty disgusting.. I got a 930 perfect stat chest from M+ cache this week.. Can't use it as 890 tier 19 chest and 890 tier cloak> 930 chest and 915 cloak

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenake View Post
    Great to see I am not the only one with this

Well best is at the moment 4 SeT ToS / 2 SeT NH.

I am amazed how strong this is indeed, since I do not have the new lego ring, i play with bracers and a 890 CoF, sims the best for me and feels the best to when I play.

Funny part is that my T19 pieces are 915 glooves and 910 chest. And i have a Offset with 945 ilvl chest and glooves and even that do not stand a chance
    T19 bonus is just to great, like you all say.

makes me feel like i have to farm NH again, but meh,, and make me even feel worst not having the new lego ring neither lal, but ok i cannot complaiin about the dps

I just remember how hype everyone was about the legendary chest for BM and a few hunters told me that the new ring sucks sucks sucks ..

Ye right, bracers/ring give you the oppertunity to use that sick combo T20/T19, nothing beats that for now

greetz
    tried to replace with 940 ilvls that i looted from TOS my NH 2pc and i simmed much lower. Seems we ll be stuck with those 2pc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    I don't even mind. We have the gear anyway, we're not pushed away from 4p T20 due to being able to go +2/+4 and it synergizes really well with the Stomp build. And the good part for most people is that even 890 pieces of T19 have insane value due to the set bonus.

I'm currently running 4p T19 and 2p T20 (still lacking one more piece to go 2/4) and I'm loving it. Legendaries are shifting as my crit evolves, with Sephuz simming really high now (not counting the proc), but there's plenty of choice there.

Deleted
    I see all these posts about how strong 2p is. Of -course- that a bonus would bring more damage than a non bonus.

But look at percentages instead of raw numbers. Like I mentioned 20k was about 2%.

For those less math savvy like me use http://www.calculator.net/percent-calculator.html and it's the 'Percentage difference calculator' that you will want.

Even so, if the raw numbers are higher with the 2p T19 bonus vs higher ilvl non set gear, you probably want to keep using the higher simmed result...
    Especially with the Crit stomp build using 2P t19 and 4P T20 seems really strong.
    Personally I got lucky and got 4P T20 in my first week and the combo blows everything else out of the water...
    I am going for the new ring legendary with the belt though as this seems to be the best combo for me. (now if only that damned new ring would drop ><)

Likewise, stuck with 4pc 19 and 2pc 20. Belt + Prydaz BiS leggos(I have everything except new ring)

Gearing this expansion has been a total clown fiesta, between WF/TF, legendaries having huge power swings, tier bonuses being completely unbalanced between classes/specs and completely broken low ilvl trinkets.

Hope Argus cleans the slate and starts with ilvl 100 gear, so everything you pick up is an upgrade and nothing pre-Argus can WF/TF above 955.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Likewise, stuck with 4pc 19 and 2pc 20. Belt + Prydaz BiS leggos(I have everything except new ring)

Gearing this expansion has been a total clown fiesta, between WF/TF, legendaries having huge power swings, tier bonuses being completely unbalanced between classes/specs and completely broken low ilvl trinkets.

Hope Argus cleans the slate and starts with ilvl 100 gear, so everything you pick up is an upgrade and nothing pre-Argus can WF/TF above 955.
    What do you expect from the morons that brought the world Diablo 3

Am I the only one who likes this? Actually having to think about your gear instead of just "hurr durr it's a higher ilevel therefore must be better".

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Am I the only one who likes this? Actually having to think about your gear instead of just "hurr durr it's a higher ilevel therefore must be better".
    The problem is having to run old content for just 1-2 items because they can be so powerful
    start9

Not if i have to farm NH again. I never really tried to get all 6 tier pieces cos others need it. But at least from now I know

Most of the people still running nighthold are pretty bad too
    Last edited by xcess; 2017-07-06 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    What do you expect from the morons that brought the world Diablo 3
    Plus if you thought the regular WoW Devs were bad at listening to players, they got nothing on the D3 ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Pijips View Post
    The problem is having to run old content for just 1-2 items because they can be so powerful
    I duno, I think you'll change your thinking after raiding ToS for 4 months. Doing old content can be a nice break from cutting edge stuff.

It's all about variety and honestly I think we're lacking a lot of it these days.

Deleted
    Not really... like I said worked my ass off for a +15 last week after getting multiple horrible keys

Result: amazing stated 930 chest
    End result: Can't use because a 890 tier 19 chest I have sims higher (w 2pc) I got this chest back in January/Feb

I want to see progression of my character

Wouldn't mind to see Tier just go away but I guess that would make raiding not needed and everyone would just go to M+

Quote Originally Posted by Snootylol View Post
    Not really... like I said worked my ass off for a +15 last week after getting multiple horrible keys

Result: amazing stated 930 chest
    End result: Can't use because a 890 tier 19 chest I have sims higher (w 2pc) I got this chest back in January/Feb

I want to see progression of my character

Wouldn't mind to see Tier just go away but I guess that would make raiding not needed and everyone would just go to M+
    I mean you were just unfortunate enough to get hit by bad luck, what if the situation was that you got a 930 piece of offset gear that didn't conflict with your t19? Would be all sunshine and roses right?