Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Damn yo. I got my 1060 3 GB for $241 (with tax) 2 weeks ago. And that's with a $30 rebate and a $30 discount for buying a MOBO, included into that price. Where'd you buy yours?
    Amazon, it was an ASUS brand one.

Also, I just went to my order history and holy crap the people talking about scarcity of mid-range cards aren't kidding. Only the PNY 1060 remains under $300 USD on amazon and it's still $40 more than I paid. I must have bought it just in time. I suppose I should thank my old 7870 for crapping out when it did.

Anyone with more knowledge than I have any idea when the prices are going to stabilize again? I had planned on upgrading my machine to a new one after I move and I might put that off a little bit now.
    Last edited by kreationkin; 2017-07-05 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    How many computers do you have lol.
    Quite a few, the one in the living room was built to run our entertainment system with leftover parts. I run a PC Building/Repair shop. I am one of the few places in my area someone can walk in and find a gaming system that isn't trash (i.e Best Buy)

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Then you have something else wrong with your PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVloY2nURYQ

Yeah, he drops below 60 in areas, where even a 1080ti would. There are times where he is over 100FPS though, with a weaker CPU than you. Clearly, you are running some FPS killing add-ons or have something running in the background killing your FPS. A 750ti is absolutely capable of playing WoW on Max Settings.
    Considering I am a PC builder I can assure you there is nothing on my machines that is not supposed to be. My living room machine literally has wow, plex and steam on it and nothing else.
    That video you linked was between 40-50 fps on avg the entire time, every once in a while it would pop up to 60 but would not stay there.

Where he was getting over 60 was in an instanced battleground that has little to nothing to render. I can also get over 60 in that particular BG.

When I stated it would not run at 60 fps i clearly meant a constant 60, and that sir that card will not handle.

Also all those places "he drops below 60 in areas, where even a 1080ti would" I can tell you that i never drop below 60 in any of those other areas he went too with my normal 1080s, shit i hardly drop under 100 in those places. Anyone else with a 1080 could also say that. Very few places i drop low, Dalaran when its busy , parts of val'shara and Suramar as they seem to be the 2 least optimized areas in legion.
    Last edited by Moozart; 2017-07-05 at 09:43 PM.

So a 1060 3GB should be fine for me? I am getting conflicting information or is that only for the 1060 6GB?

Also, I am seeing that some cards say "gaming" in their name. Is that better than the regular ones?

Deleted
    Unless they are talking just wow then ignore the bloke who reckons a 1060 is no better than a 750ti, they are talking shite.

"gaming" in the title means nothing.
    Last edited by mmoce90cf0ffae; 2017-07-06 at 08:11 AM.

Deleted
    That 7870 might actually sell for decent amount on used sites for mining, you might be able to increase the budget from its sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    So I am looking for a new video card. I currently have an AMD Radeon 7870. My budget is around $300 CAN. I can't decide on whether I should get AMD or Nvidia. Also, which specific video cards I need to choose, like for example, a GTX 1060 or a RX equivalent?

EDIT: I forgot to mention what games I would play with the new card. I want to play WoW, SC2, D3, Minecraft and SWTOR on it on maxed settings and hopefully 60 fps on vsync. I don't like to play without vsync 'cause the FPS jumps up and down too much.
    Also, hopefully I can get an answer by tonight 'cause I have to order a SSD that's really cheap and its price will stay at the low price until tonight (Getting the Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB for $149.99 CAN).
    Wait for vega first and like 2 months when video card ptices go down since bitcoin mining made the gpu prices go up

Quote Originally Posted by ali725 View Post
    Wait for vega first and like 2 months when video card ptices go down since bitcoin mining made the gpu prices go up
    Hmm. You gave me something to think about. I was wondering whether new video cards were coming out soon 'cause both NVidia and AMD compete with each other and stuff. I think I will wait it out a bit and buy the newer version when the time comes.

Hmm. You gave me something to think about. I was wondering whether new video cards were coming out soon 'cause both NVidia and AMD compete with each other and stuff. I think I will wait it out a bit and buy the newer version when the time comes.
    yeh dude gpu prices are fucking retarded atm. You would spend for a 1060 almost what i did for my 1070 a year ago.

A 1060 worse than a 750ti? What are you smoking? It's two generations newer and a tier above. You either had a faulty 1060 or had some sort of golden sample 750ti that clocked way higher than normal.

Also, no, it's not bitcoin mining. No one is mining Bitcoins with GPUs. Other cryptocurrency, like Etherium, yes, people are mining with GPUs. Already been mentioned in this thread multiple times. If you are mining bitcoin with GPU though, you are doing it wrong. Mine Etherium.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, what are you smoking? I want some and I need to re-up tonight anyway. In this very thread I linked a 750ti doing it. The 1060 is a tier up and two generations newer. It's a much much faster card.

Look at these benchmarks:
    http://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews...60-more/page-4

In BF1 the 750ti gets 32.3 FPS the 1060 get 95.

and here:
    http://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews...60-more/page-5

In Overwatch, the 750ti gets 63.7 and the 1050ti is getting 102.7. Gonna tell me the 1060 is weaker than the 1050ti now?

Since you're talking about a Super Clocked 750ti, here you go:
    http://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews...60-more/page-6

In GTA5 the EVGA SC 750ti gets 41 FPS, the OCed 1060 get 98.

No way in hell is a 1060 worse than a 750ti. The 1060 is absolutely his best choice on his current budget in the current market. I think you may be confused and thinking of a 780ti not a 750ti?

Do you even read what you post?
    You just went crazy on a 750 then you state a little later you run wow on a 750 at setting 10. I could run setting 10 on my supped up 750ti asus Over Clock edition no problem the issue is I wouldnt get 60fps in raid. The 1060 6gb edition does not RUN setting 10 at 60 fps in wow in raid. The 1070 DOES not Run setting 10 in raid at 60fps it dips even Over clocked slightly 20 people. Wow yes is a baddy optimized game. But my Asus 750 ti Beat the crap outta the 1060. At exact same settings which was 7.
    Frame rate was poor about 20 fps lower on the 1060. No it wasnt just my card my friends actually got that garbage card too for wow. The 1070 thou at setting 8 runs roughly same as my 750ti but its 1 setting higher 100fps. Thats what is frustrating. This is also out of raid. In raid for instance world bosses it drops to 30fps to 40fps. If my 750 was in it would be about the same but again 1 setting lower.

So get off the proverbial crack your smoking stop with the nonsense and stop contradicting yourself. There is no way either card 750 1060 or 1070 can run wow at setting 10 in raid at 60fps its just not possible setting 10 is just too intense.
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Founders edition<From Nvidia.com>
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz
    Memory: 32 GB RAM (31.92 GB RAM usable)
    Current resolution: 1920 x 1080, 60Hz
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

Yea amds vega is supposed to be shown the end of july at some convention and some leaked benchmarks show it.competes with 1080. And nvidia will most likely.release.their new set at end of this year i think but mostly.vega is coming out in next month or.so and it gives time for the inflation to.shoot back down

Yea amds vega is supposed to be shown the end of july at some convention and some leaked benchmarks show it.competes with 1080. And nvidia will most likely.release.their new set at end of this year i think but mostly.vega is coming out in next month or.so and it gives time for the inflation to.shoot back down
    Good idea. I think I'll wait for it. The prices are kind of high too for me at the moment.

Good idea. I think I'll wait for it. The prices are kind of high too for me at the moment.
    The only good thing about this bitcoin mining is that if you got old video cards best time to sell their prices went up also lol. But ya just wait a little

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    Do you even read what you post?
    You just went crazy on a 750 then you state a little later you run wow on a 750 at setting 10. I could run setting 10 on my supped up 750ti asus Over Clock edition no problem the issue is I wouldnt get 60fps in raid. The 1060 6gb edition does not RUN setting 10 at 60 fps in wow in raid. The 1070 DOES not Run setting 10 in raid at 60fps it dips even Over clocked slightly 20 people. Wow yes is a baddy optimized game. But my Asus 750 ti Beat the crap outta the 1060. At exact same settings which was 7.
    Frame rate was poor about 20 fps lower on the 1060. No it wasnt just my card my friends actually got that garbage card too for wow. The 1070 thou at setting 8 runs roughly same as my 750ti but its 1 setting higher 100fps. Thats what is frustrating. This is also out of raid. In raid for instance world bosses it drops to 30fps to 40fps. If my 750 was in it would be about the same but again 1 setting lower.

So get off the proverbial crack your smoking stop with the nonsense and stop contradicting yourself. There is no way either card 750 1060 or 1070 can run wow at setting 10 in raid at 60fps its just not possible setting 10 is just too intense.
    Damn boy i REALLY need some of what the hell it is you are on. It sounds like it's really good
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Damn boy i REALLY need some of what the hell it is you are on. It sounds like it's really good
    I know right. Nowhere did I say I run a 750, nor even mention a 750, just the 750ti. It's right in my sig that I run a 960. I also never mentioned that I run WoW, I don't play WoW. He's putting words in my mouth now and still claiming a carc that is two generations newer, right after the largest generational gap in performace we've seen in years AND a tier higher is somehow worse. Really good stuff he's got. I know it must be better than the Death Star I got last night for sure, really, better than anything I have ever gotten before.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know right. Nowhere did I say I run a 750, nor even mention a 750, just the 750ti. It's right in my sig that I run a 960. I also never mentioned that I run WoW, I don't play WoW. He's putting words in my mouth now and still claiming a carc that is two generations newer, right after the largest generational gap in performace we've seen in years AND a tier higher is somehow worse. Really good stuff he's got. I know it must be better than the Death Star I got last night for sure, really, better than anything I have ever gotten before.
    And you even prove him wrong with links and still he doesn't get it. And i really love how he thinks that it's the gfx card that makes him dip under 60 fps in raids
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

The only good thing about this bitcoin mining is that if you got old video cards best time to sell their prices went up also lol. But ya just wait a little
    Just checked ebay prices my r9 390 is going for 300 on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    yeh dude gpu prices are fucking retarded atm. You would spend for a 1060 almost what i did for my 1070 a year ago.

Nvidia.com go to the shop buy it for 399.00 usd. If its still in stock 1070 was a couple weeks ago but they restock every couple days anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    And you even prove him wrong with links and still he doesn't get it. And i really love how he thinks that it's the gfx card that makes him dip under 60 fps in raids

ya proved me wrong my butt I am talking about experience.
    https://youtu.be/HLxqX6n5xec?t=8m55s see the 189 fps in the center bottom of the screen this is a 750ti. Wow graphic Setting 6.
    Yes i get normally 100-200 in open world with the asus 750ti 2gb card.

same exact video settings wow graphic setting 6... 1060 6gb founders edition.... 53fps.
    https://youtu.be/TQSbdSzxdss?t=7s
    Complete waste of money just like the 1050's.

But like I said Im not on a 1070 8gb card nvidia geforce gtx founders card <---from nvidia store Overclocked a bit. only 399 usd
    Runs pretty sweet. In raid 100fps doesnt dip much maybe down to 90. But as you can see here in a world boss raid pretty constant 100fps and I upped the settings to 7.
    https://youtu.be/uKWus0gfUjg?t=15m1s

You can not go setting 10 in wow with any of these cards maybe sli the 1070 but your frames wont be above 30 even overclocked with a single 1070.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you have something else wrong with your PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVloY2nURYQ

Yeah, he drops below 60 in areas, where even a 1080ti would. There are times where he is over 100FPS though, with a weaker CPU than you. Clearly, you are running some FPS killing add-ons or have something running in the background killing your FPS. A 750ti is absolutely capable of playing WoW on Max Settings.

See there you go again stating that a 750ti can run wow at max settings.
    A onboard video card might be able to do that too. The problem is we want over 60fps all the time. and that video was not a raid encounter video where peoples effects are going off it was the walk through which better be optimized properly with low poly count models. You go to New dalaran and you see if you get 30fps with a 750ti at setting 10. You wont. You wont get it with a 1060 either.

-----------------------------
    Vega card Isnt going to beat the 1080ti. Its prob gonna cost more if not the same thou.
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 Founders edition<From Nvidia.com>
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz
    Memory: 32 GB RAM (31.92 GB RAM usable)
    Current resolution: 1920 x 1080, 60Hz
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit

A onboard video card might be able to do that too. The problem is we want over 60fps all the time. and that video was not a raid encounter video where peoples effects are going off it was the walk through which better be optimized properly with low poly count models. You go to New dalaran and you see if you get 30fps with a 750ti at setting 10. You wont. You wont get it with a 1060 either..
    You will not get over 60 all the time no matter what with any GPU. A 750ti runs WoW as well as anything else because it has all the GPU power WoW needs. In a raid encounter, yeah, it would be below 60, so would a 1080ti because you are not bound by the GPU in those situations, you're bound by WoW's engine utilizing only one core for it's draw calls and it doesn't even do that efficiently.

Nvidia.com go to the shop buy it for 399.00 usd. If its still in stock 1070 was a couple weeks ago but they restock every couple days anyways.

those are the shit standard coolers though and they been out of stock as well.

15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

ya proved me wrong my butt I am talking about experience.
    https://youtu.be/HLxqX6n5xec?t=8m55s see the 189 fps in the center bottom of the screen this is a 750ti. Wow graphic Setting 6.
    Yes i get normally 100-200 in open world with the asus 750ti 2gb card.

same exact video settings wow graphic setting 6... 1060 6gb founders edition.... 53fps.
    https://youtu.be/TQSbdSzxdss?t=7s
    Complete waste of money just like the 1050's.

But like I said Im not on a 1070 8gb card nvidia geforce gtx founders card <---from nvidia store Overclocked a bit. only 399 usd
    Runs pretty sweet. In raid 100fps doesnt dip much maybe down to 90. But as you can see here in a world boss raid pretty constant 100fps and I upped the settings to 7.
    https://youtu.be/uKWus0gfUjg?t=15m1s

You can not go setting 10 in wow with any of these cards maybe sli the 1070 but your frames wont be above 30 even overclocked with a single 1070.

- - - Updated - - -

A onboard video card might be able to do that too. The problem is we want over 60fps all the time. and that video was not a raid encounter video where peoples effects are going off it was the walk through which better be optimized properly with low poly count models. You go to New dalaran and you see if you get 30fps with a 750ti at setting 10. You wont. You wont get it with a 1060 either.

-----------------------------
    Vega card Isnt going to beat the 1080ti. Its prob gonna cost more if not the same thou.
    I don't know if i should laugh or cry. The vid with the 750ti where you get 189 fps is inside a building where NOTHING is happening. At 17:00 in vid in Dalaran you are dipping to 60 fps. There are so many time in that vid where you are dipping under 60 fps with the 750ti.

And then you link a vid with the 1060 6GB where you are flying around Brokenshore. ofcause you will did under 60 fps there, because there is more happening on the screen then being inside a building. Just look at the same vid at 1:01 there you are getting 186 fps and it goes over 200 some times with the 1060 6GB. Do the same vid with the 750ti and you will see lower fps with the 750ti

And in the vid with the 1070 you are looking down the gound all the time. Record a new vid where you are looking up so you can see other players and you will see you fps did to under 60 fps and the same goes for the vid of the 750ti world boss fight. Looking at the ground wont kill you fps as much as looking up, showing the other people there

So no your 750ti is not better then the 1060 6GB
    Last edited by pansertjald; 2017-07-19 at 07:00 AM.