Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Patrick Stewart being cast as the Doctor might finally make Doctor Who a show that's actually worth watching.

If Doctor Who's showrunners really want to fuck with people's heads they should make Michelle Gomez the next Doctor.

Patrick Stewart can play something else. Like Davros 2.0 or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Doctor Who is beneath Sir Patrick.
    Nothing is beneath Sir Patrick if he thinks it's cool, fun, or hilarious. He was in a WESTERN reenvisioning of King Lear for chrissake.

Blunt Talk

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Let's face it, patrick Stewart has excelled in virtually every role he's played. Would you support it of he was to play the doctor on doctor who?
    Captain of the Enterprise, Charles Xavier AND Doctor Who... thats too much for one mortal man for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Nothing is beneath Sir Patrick if he thinks it's cool, fun, or hilarious. He was in a WESTERN reenvisioning of King Lear for chrissake.
    He's also playing "Poop" in the Emoji movie. So there's that.

So this isn't talking about him taking Robert Picardo's job?

I'll see myself out...

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it will work. It will clash with his commitments to voice-act on American Dad. Why play "the Doctor" when you can be a the coke snorting sex addicted head of the CIA.

Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    I don't think it will work. It will clash with his commitments to voice-act on American Dad. Why play "the Doctor" when you can be a the coke snorting sex addicted head of the CIA.
    Because he's Sir Patrick Stewart. He can handle it. He's in better shape than you are.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Personally, I'm not a fan of Patrick Stewart's acting.
    *gasp*
    Noooooooo

I love Patrick Stewart
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    He is too old. Peter Capaldi is so far the oldest person to take the role (I think he was 56 or 55?) and being the doctor can be very physically demanding.
    Isn't he about 58 or 59?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    P Stew can definitely pull off a campy, tongue-in-cheek, not-so-serious show and role. So why not. Although, he's 76.

Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2017-07-06 at 10:31 PM.

Deleted
    A Shakespearean actor as the doctor ?
    Yes, That can work.
    Patrick Stewart as the Doctor.
    Fuck yes.

As the Master ? Oh Shit, Shits got real!
    He is an amazing actor, And every single role he plays is done so almost Perfectly (except X-men, with exception of "Logan" I feel he is not at his best)

A really good person who would make a great Doctor, is Graham Norton. That would be fun to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Patrick Stewart looks A LOT better then Capaldi, even while being much older. And Patrick Stewart probably has about 10 times his physique, even while being 77 or so. SO not sure what you're getting at.

Hell I'm 30 and this guy has a better physique most probably.
    Yea when I saw Capaldi was only 59, I was like wow he looks 76. He's had a rough life or bad genetics take your pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Capaldi? He is now, but I am going by the age they were when they assumed the role
    Ah fair enough then, my mistake for not realising that's what you meant.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd even watch that shit show if he did.

/suitesup
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

7+ Year Old Account
    He is too old. Peter Capaldi is so far the oldest person to take the role (I think he was 56 or 55?) and being the doctor can be very physically demanding.
    Well, technically John Hurt was the oldest to take the role (at 75). And now David Bradley as the First Doctor in the xmas special (also 75). But those are single episode cameos so it probably isn't very physically demanding. Patrick Stewart is 76 now. I think he could've been a terrific Doctor at some point, but I agree he is too old for the part now.

15+ Year Old Account
    I for one think Hugh Laurie would have done better than Capaldi.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose