Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Not the Tesla series. They are a battery and motor. If there battery dies, the car doesn't move. It also loses performance at lower amounts of charge
    Hmm, I thought they did, but I guess I don't know much about Teslas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Oh please, Volvo is just trying to cash in on the fad.
    What does it matter though? Everyone tries to cash in wherever. Sometimes greed turn this world to shit and sometimes it is a positive force that drives development in good fields forward faster.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    People forget that Tesla is weighting more than 2 tons, which is a big NO for a city car.
    Errrr why is that a No?

From the perspective as someone who lives in Alaska, these cars are just not practical. Winter is far too hard on our vehicles as it is, and these electric cars would have to be able to start in -40F otherwise it's just not reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    Errrr why is that a No?
    Because it's inefficient as hell to carry that much dead weight around with you. That was the reason for gasoline with the tight knit refueling network though. For electric it certainly is still more of a drain on your battery, but much of that weight probably comes from said battery in the first place. For electric it's a trade off between range/versatlity and efficiency, for gasoline it was just for show.

That being said, tesla probably still isn'tthe ideal city car, as it is way too powerful for city trafic and too large.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    What does it matter though? Everyone tries to cash in wherever. Sometimes greed turn this world to shit and sometimes it is a positive force that drives development in good fields forward faster.
    There's nothing good coming from these electric cars. It's a dead end.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I bet that you will drive an electric car on a daily basis within twenty years time.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The only meme is that some fools on the internet started calling everything they disagree with a meme now.

Cringeworthy.

Also why the fuck would volvo do that. Around here they are know to build oversized super heavy cars like modern SUVs before they were even invented. Worst starting point for an electric vehicle.
    Well electric cars are often very heavy so it kinda fits isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Price, range, and speed of recharging are the issues that bar EVs from being largely adopted at this stage. Volvo being as big and appreciated as it is, this move should add pressure to development and market interest, which play their part in reducing said three obstacles to adequate levels. An EV-dominated future will reduce traffic noise and pollution level of a city, so it's great even for those who don't own a car themselves.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

What is cleaner than a horse? Do you get it now? If you set your goal to "clean" this is what you get. Electric engines are not clean, they are just a bit cleaner, and less powerful - do you see the trend?
    Electric engines are actually massively more powerful than combustion ones - a combustion engine has an efficiency of about 40-50 %, while an electric one has an efficiency of about 90 %.

Also, electric engines are as clean as electric production is, which depends on how the country produces its electricity, but it's usually cleaner than simply burning fossil fuel.
    Get a clue, seriously.

the comedy here is amazing, this is like americans not wanting their guns taken away even though it's undeniably safer without them.

electric cars are the future, once you realize that the loud noise you can make by burning all that fuel is only impressive to toddlers some of you will swap over, the real dumb ones will still drive gas powered in 20 years and be bitching about how hard it is for them to get gas. lol

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I don't understand why people are so against electric when it's demonstrably better in all aspects except refill time.
    Not on the tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by weedburst View Post
    the comedy here is amazing, this is like americans not wanting their guns taken away even though it's undeniably safer without them.

electric cars are the future, once you realize that the loud noise you can make by burning all that fuel is only impressive to toddlers some of you will swap over, the real dumb ones will still drive gas powered in 20 years and be bitching about how hard it is for them to get gas. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    You totally need a 5,000,000,000,000,000,000 horsepower car to go to the grocery store. MOOOOOOOOAR POWA!!!

And they are significantly cleaner, and more pleasant to drive for anyone who already has a moderately sized dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Because we have a bunch of faux alpha joe smoes that need their toys to go fast on their way to grab groceries/cubicle job.
    I like driving on a tracks. I see no reason why not, it's a hobby. I also like to drive on the mountain serpentines, it relaxes me.
    I'm not saying that I wouldn't drive Tesla S/X/3 on the daily basis(because I would and it'd be still more than enough for me) - but I seriously wouldn't like to drive them on the tracks, because they just sucks there.
    I know that they weren't made to be racecars(0-60/100/150mph times are nothing in that sport). The batteries overheat(so you cannot really drive them fast all the time on the track), they weight too much(so the handling is bad).
    I know that I'm probably 1% of the people who are driving just for the sake of driving, but still... they are not sufficient for me.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-07-06 at 08:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Electric cars are superior in every way imaginable. There is not even a comparison.
    Really? -20 celsius and 700km to travel without a charging station.

Btw. Electric cars need around 6+ years to actually make an effect.

Deleted
    Even more reasons to not buy a Volvo yay!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Electric engines are actually massively more powerful than combustion ones - a combustion engine has an efficiency of about 40-50 %, while an electric one has an efficiency of about 90 %.

Also, electric engines are as clean as electric production is, which depends on how the country produces its electricity, but it's usually cleaner than simply burning fossil fuel.
    Get a clue, seriously.
    Where are those battery cells from again?

Considering that leftists want to ban nuclear power good luck with your electric cars since we have no way to store massive amounts of energy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Electric motors give 100% torque 100% of the time. They are far superior in that regard.
    Please open a shipping company with trucks and go all electric. And then when you completely failed after 1 week I just want to stand there and laugh at you.

This blind fanboyism for electric is such nonsense. You mention ONE part of a car and say that it is efficient (100% is wrong anyway). You just forgot to mention the shitty batteries...........

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    Reasonable ..... 35k. #alluvmywhut
    in 2010, i bought a brand new hyundai accent for 9900 dollars. The thing practically ran on fumes.
    Get me an electric car for sub-10k US dollars, and we'll talk.
    Hybrids lose allot of value, it's rather relatively cheap to find a 2013 VW Jetta for below that of a Passat that's a few years older (not the CC)

a Tesla is something more similar to a Mercedes then a silly Hyundai....so kind of weird that you are comparing those two since the new tesla is actually reasonable priced for a car that's a top brand.

You;re comparison is like if we compared a VW, Audi, BMW or Mercedes to a Fiat or maybe Suzuki

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Really? -20 celsius and 700km to travel without a charging station.

Btw. Electric cars need around 6+ years to actually make an effect.
    Seriously if you need a extreme fictional situation to try to get a point across then you already lost by definition. When we go on holidays we drive for 2.5K km but that's a once a year event that we can plan the roads for so in other words that's a exception.

Most people drive around 40km a day to work at best and if a person needs a car that's needed for long distances you can and should plan the roads you use anyway and take a break or two while charging.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Well electric cars are often very heavy so it kinda fits isn't it?
    Yeah, but not for the same reasons volvos are classified as street tanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Seriously if you need a extreme fictional situation to try to get a point across then you already lost by definition. When we go on holidays we drive for 2.5K km but that's a once a year event that we can plan the roads for so in other words that's a exception.

Most people drive around 40km a day to work at best and if a person needs a car that's needed for long distances you can and should plan the roads you use anyway and take a break or two while charging.
    -20°C is not "extreme fictional situation" tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Why would that be so? Surely something good will come from it.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    -20°C is not "extreme fictional situation" tho
    Most cities in Europe aren't at -20, a few maybe but not most

https://www.currentresults.com/Weath...re-january.php

Since you are using Celsius I am going to assume we are talking about europe and not Fahrenheit / US