Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    You know maybe you had a point at the start of the expansion that it MIGHT (still a stretch) lead to something as an end boss. But seriously she is the commander the horde deserves and needs right now. So it would be pretty much the same asking for Anduin to be a raidboss.
    What makes you think shes the Leader the Horde needs and deserves? She hasn't said or done anything since she told me to take some Tower held by werewolves.

Lady Liadrins done more this expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    What are the odds of this happening?

Turalyon and Alleria are now showing up. Vareesa and Arator are here. The whole family is together. And they all are joining up with something called the Army of the Light. And the only thing I've seen of Sylvanas is her making secret deals with Helya, and her telling me to attack Warden towers.

So what are the odds Sylvanas tries to make some deal with Sargaras, to ensure the future of the Forsaken, and we have to beat the snot out of her?

I mean, Vol'jins gone, so Darkspear is basically done for. Thrall left the Horde to join the Earthen Ring. Loth'remar was thinking about leaving the Horde a while ago. Tauren don't really have much reason to hang around, they can ally themselves with every Tauren faction we've encountered in every expansion.

Once Sylvanas is taken out, then the Horde is no more.
    Absolutely no chance at all...

What makes you think shes the Leader the Horde needs and deserves? She hasn't said or done anything since she told me to take some Tower held by werewolves.

Sigh, read the comics/books and see how the horde is how their ingame story went. I am not going to explain this.

So what are the odds Sylvanas tries to make some deal with Sargaras, to ensure the future of the Forsaken, and we have to beat the snot out of her?
    All my characters, Horde and Alliance alike, are itching for a chance.

As a player, hell, no, we've been there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    if anythin its graymane who would probably join the burning legion just to finally kill off sylvannas, or atleast try considerin he would most likely fail even then
    Well, Sylvanas does have plot armour.

What are the odds of this happening?

Turalyon and Alleria are now showing up. Vareesa and Arator are here. The whole family is together. And they all are joining up with something called the Army of the Light. And the only thing I've seen of Sylvanas is her making secret deals with Helya, and her telling me to attack Warden towers.

I mean, Vol'jins gone, so Darkspear is basically done for. Thrall left the Horde to join the Earthen Ring. Loth'remar was thinking about leaving the Horde a while ago. Tauren don't really have much reason to hang around, they can ally themselves with every Tauren faction we've encountered in every expansion.

Once Sylvanas is taken out, then the Horde is no more.
    Can we stop killing Horde leaders please? We get it already. This is the alliance expansion. However, what it isn't, is Game of Thrones. Killing characters left and right doesn't automatically make it good writing. Blizzard authors are not George R R Martin. If they want to keep taking characters out of the picture, they MUST spend some more time building up new ones.

Seriously...WTF has Baine been doing since his pop died? When was the last time he even made an appearance in-game? And LOL'themar? I guess he showed up in a couple of books, but again, when was the last time he was any more than just a face in the background? Do the trolls and orcs even HAVE faction leaders any more?

Deleted
    Well... to me it looks like Blizz is caving to the fans and making up some void shizzle with Alleria to keep Sylvanas relevant.

Sylvanas is a literal living dead in the story atm. Keeps getting dragged along even though her arc already ended a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Sylvanas is never going to become a villain. She's too important of a character. If they wanted her to become a villain, then it would've been in Cata or MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    So where do you get your inside info?
    It is a really simple exercise, it comes in two parts.

Part 1: Step away from your hopes and dreams a moment and look at reality, then Ask yourself, in what scenario would Blizzard have the players kill off yet another warchief in a raid?

Part 2:
    Examine the following list of the raid bosses coming in the 7.3 raid. Check very very very carefully for the name Sylvanas.

Varimathras
    Aggramar
    Portal Keeper Hasabel
    The Coven of Shivarra
    Hounds of Sargeras
    Garothi Worldbreaker
    War Council – A trio of demon commanders.
    Imonar the Soulhunter
    Eonar, the Lifebinder

Now, after completing parts 1 and 2... Ask yourself the question you've asked the rest of us.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way things are going, I figured Blizzard wanted to dissolve Alliance and Horde completely, and just have Racial factions.
    You are letting your hopes cloud your view of reality.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Also, who is the new racial Troll leader?
    I believe it to be Rokhan.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

So where do you get your inside info?
    Where would you get the idea that the Forsaken faction leader / Horde warchief will, with zero preamble, suddenly become a raid boss?

Setting aside the issue of how absurdly stupid it would be for Bliz to yet again kill off/displace a Horde leader (like Thrall, Vol'jin, Cairne, and Garrosh weren't enough), there's zero information that should make anyone believe she'd be a raid boss.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Sylv's adventures in Helheim were a side-story this expansion, so there's no way in hell they're suddenly putting her up there with Sargeras and the Pantheon.

Her best chance to cross the line into villain domain even for the Horde was enslaving Eyir. Greymane stopped it and Odyn didn't seem to mind what had happened, so she's fine.
    Last edited by Zuben; 2017-07-06 at 12:43 PM.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

What have Anduin, Genn, Tyrande, Mekkatorque (lol), et al done since then? Anduin took a vacation to go get his dad's sword. The rest of them are equally as irrelevant as their Horde counterparts. About the only faction leader with a continuing role in the current story is Velen. Everything else is Dad-gar's puns, proving yourself to Odyn, and a demon threat that's constantly looming but not so serious that we can't take time to find a necklace Sad-gar lost.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

No Thrall has a higher chance of becoming a Raid boss before she does.

There is no Story or push to her becoming a raid boss at all.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Anyone counting on boss Sylvanas in a lunatic, didn't you remember last time blizz take Horde hero to make him a raid boss? If there will be boss made from character we know it will be Jaina (cannot wait to slay this bigot).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Well... to me it looks like Blizz is caving to the fans and making up some void shizzle with Alleria to keep Sylvanas relevant.

Sylvanas is a literal living dead in the story atm. Keeps getting dragged along even though her arc already ended a long time ago.
    So is the story of Jaina. She was ended while team Garrosh bombed Theramore, sadly she teleported outside...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Sigh, read the comics/books and see how the horde is how their ingame story went. I am not going to explain this.
    Well from playing in-game the Horde doesn't seem to be interested in protecting Azeroth, Sylvanas has her Towers and Liadrin is helping the Withered. I was just assuming the Horde must be siding with the Legion since I don't recall one quest where I see a face that isn't Alliance-aligned asking me to stop the legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Where would you get the idea that the Forsaken faction leader / Horde warchief will, with zero preamble, suddenly become a raid boss?

Setting aside the issue of how absurdly stupid it would be for Bliz to yet again kill off/displace a Horde leader (like Thrall, Vol'jin, Cairne, and Garrosh weren't enough),
    Well they killed 4 leaders, you don't think they have it in them to kill off another?

I would not be surprised if Sylvanus stayed warchief till the very end of this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I believe it to be Rokhan.
    Makes no sense since Vol'jin had childeren.
    And we saw clearly bloodline matter at Trolls back in WC3 when Vol'jin took over from Sen'jin.

Well they killed 4 leaders, you don't think they have it in them to kill off another?
    It's their world, they could kill every leader tomorrow if that was their intent. You can decide for yourself whether killing off leaders "just because" is a good narrative. Hint: no.

Trying to act snobbish over lore and then referencing the comics is pretty laughable. According to the comics Med'an was the Guardian of Tirisfal, that is until they decided to retcon it because they liked the idea of Medivh naming Khadgar Guardian. Extraneous lore is disposable canon. They hire a bunch of writers off of the dragonlance/forgotten realms circuit to make a few extra bucks. If you think the Warcraft lore is beholden to anything these people write you're mistaken.

Deleted
    If they would kill her then we got now:

Orcs - empty faction having a leader of a 100 year old Orc that can die any second of age.
    Troll - empty faction with only Rokhan that has small bits of lore but not even that important to recall anything he did.
    Forsaken - without Sylvanas empty faction with again small bits of lore around blightcaller but nothing more.
    Goblins - empty faction i mean what did Gallywix actually do in this game....
    Tauren - faction so passive toward the other side that non of them are interesting to build up.
    Blood Elfs - A faction with lore characters but like Taurens very passive toward Alliance what makes them feel like not even being part of the Horde.

The last thing the Horde needs is lose another lore character but instead blizzard should start building up new Horde characters to carry the faction into the future.