View Poll Results: What do you think the new hook will be?

Voters
231. This poll is closed
  • New Hero Class

13 5.63%
  • New Races

174 75.32%
  • Fourth Specs

29 12.55%
  • Cross Classing

15 6.49%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    New races + sub races, maybe even a new class. They're trying hard to keep the game alive.

Sub races would be nice. I think the community has been pushing for sub races for quite some time.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    New races, sub-races or both. I am almost 100% sure we'll get new customization though. I think they're hinting towards that with the new horn and hairstyles we saw on the Army of the Light Draenei because they would just use a generic hairstyle for guard NPCs if not. Maybe they'll even let us tattoo the characters seeing as Alleria looks insanely good with hers.

And I assume the new goblin and worgen models will make their way into 8.0 as well. I think the character creator could use some updates as it's one of the few things that still remain the same to this date from classic WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    New races + sub races, maybe even a new class. They're trying hard to keep the game alive.
    I wouldn't count out a new class seeing as a new class usually have the ability to bring back thousands upon thousands of players.
    And if they want better sub numbers, then they gotta release more classes.

Even though I haven't played in years and I probably will never come back (then they the hell do I still browse MMO Champ?), the one thing that would make me unretire my account is the thought of Shaman tanking. I mained my shaman from Vanilla through Cata,with a majority of it healing, and the idea of tanking on her makes me smile.

None of these. Fortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    But sub races are not enough of a "change" to be worth it don't you think? Like ... I don't know, can someone give me one good example of sub races? What's so great about being an iron dwarf instead of just a dwarf etc? It's not very interesting / catchy. :/

New Races or new specs on the other hand would be much more fun to discover~ But of course that is just my opinion. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Neviriah View Post
    If anything, I would really hope for new races ...! In a 'dream' world however, I'd also like a third spec for DH's. Maybe something to switch it up a little. Range class. COME ON! :P
    you can play range spec in LFR just stand back and spam throw glaives on CD, you won't even be last on dps
    Last edited by Gravity2015; 2017-07-06 at 12:42 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    you can play range spec in LFR just stand back and spam throw glaives on CD, you won't even be last on dps
    Oh my....! You made me laugh out loud with this!

Legendary and Ap system deleted

Sub-races and Necromancer, please.

Art by draken4o

10+ Year Old Account
    My money is on a neutral race (Naga) and a new class (baseline, not hero).

I don't think that Class Halls or Artifacts lock out future low level classes. Blizzard will just make an alternative leveling experience for them for 100-110. A class will likely level out of Legion content by level 108 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Sub-races and Necromancer, please.
    There's literally no need for a Necromancer. Whatever they'd do for the Necromancer can rather be spread across the six specs for Warlocks and Death Knights. Having more classes is a bad thing. I'm pretty sure most people would appreciate more variety, complexity, and options added to existing classes rather than thinning them out and creating new classes...
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

more specs? imo they should remove spec from pure dps classes and make two decent specs.

New races and classes have long been taken for granted.

The "hook" in WoD was the Garrison. Order Hall/Artifacts in Legion.

I imagine there will be a new evolution of that in the next xpac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elf Paladins incoming. Calling it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilaw View Post
    more specs? imo they should remove spec from pure dps classes and make two decent specs.
    But that's what I mean! Some classes need a revamp of their specs and others need more variety / specs added!

Give Mage and / or Warlock some close range magic spec. Give DH a range or nice glaive-fel spec (lol... ) But just do something! :3 Mix it up a little, revamp specs but don't just add another class with only 2 specs or some sub races that don't do anything really..... ?!

a giant leap to sandbox gameplay and actual commitment to pvp development is what I need to even think of coming back, anything else is meaningless.

but to answer the topic. prob a new race with more race/class combo's like NE paladin/shamans

Sub races, and new class-race combos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    a giant leap to sandbox gameplay and actual commitment to pvp development is what I need to even think of coming back, anything else is meaningless.

but to answer the topic. prob a new race with more race/class combo's like NE paladin/shamans
    Tbh I don't think sandbox would do anything good? Plus: isn't it already kinda sandbox?! Not sure what you mean really...

It's a RPG and sure PVP is nice and all but not everyone wants to be questing while having to deal with constant duels all the time. If you are talking open world PVP that is? Otherwise sure I agree the general PVP system could use some more commitment and changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Neviriah View Post
    Tbh I don't think sandbox would do anything good? Plus: isn't it already kinda sandbox?! Not sure what you mean really...

It's a RPG and sure PVP is nice and all but not everyone wants to be questing while having to deal with constant duels all the time. If you are talking open world PVP that is? Otherwise sure I agree the general PVP system could use some more commitment and changes.
    WoW is not even in the realm of sandbox mmo, its a themepark without question. As for pvp, I mean everything pvp. From the reward system, to activities world, bgs, arena. and of course balance.