Affliction T20 2 piece...is amazingly strong

Since the day 7.2.5 came out, and I got an upgrade that broke my 4p T19 set, I was running deaths embrace...up to this point I've felt rather shard starved, usually struggling to get off 2 UA's for a drain cycle. Then last night i decided to use Soul Conduit, and got my T20 2p very early in this weeks raid run. For the rest of the raid I was absolutely flooded with shards. even on single target fights like KJ, I was struggling to get a set rotation for my drain cycle, instead i was shooting off UA's even during movement phases where i couldnt drain (Have boots leggo) just because i had maxed shards. It's insane. Now I'm hoping to grab the ring leggo so i can have SC and DE together.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Since the day 7.2.5 came out, and I got an upgrade that broke my 4p T19 set, I was running deaths embrace...up to this point I've felt rather shard starved, usually struggling to get off 2 UA's for a drain cycle. Then last night i decided to use Soul Conduit, and got my T20 2p very early in this weeks raid run. For the rest of the raid I was absolutely flooded with shards. even on single target fights like KJ, I was struggling to get a set rotation for my drain cycle, instead i was shooting off UA's even during movement phases where i couldnt drain (Have boots leggo) just because i had maxed shards. It's insane. Now I'm hoping to grab the ring leggo so i can have SC and DE together.
    Just for the record you don't get any more shards from the tier on MT however we get to snipe shards more. Glad you like the set but personally my average return seems to be about 1 per minute (then yes 20% chance with SC) though it is quite variable. Check your own logs as it is also based on haste. So I really doubt this is causing your massive influx in shards.

Looking at my logs from last night on HC KJ progression, and for me the 2pc seems to be accounting for ~10% of my shard gain (if I'm not running SC). Not game changing necessarily, but not bad I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    Looking at my logs from last night on HC KJ progression, and for me the 2pc seems to be accounting for ~10% of my shard gain (if I'm not running SC). Not game changing necessarily, but not bad I guess.
    Yea, it's not blowing me away either but that likely because I play SC a far bit depending on the fight. I read his post and came away suspecting that SC + 2pc (after not running SC) would likely explain a resource increase that surprised him.

Deleted
    Its on rppm so will not increase no matter how many corruptions you have out. Sounds to me like you just had a good night with rnjesus in terms of shard generation and SC proccing.

Now that i have the 2p i certainly am noticing the smoother ability to keep contagion running on host and council as much as possible so am running SL on those fights anyways, however i do have the legendary chest so SC on ST does feel better but only when it procs so can be a bit swingy, the 2p definitely helps with the droughts and bridges the gaps at times and it certainly compliments the 4p very well. Looking forward to that!!

I got 51 shard from agony (no t19 4set) without legendary helm equipped.
    I got 2 shards from corruption t20 2set.

I either had bad rng, or you guys are overreacting with "feels smoother"
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

10+ Year Old Account
    I got my 2p tonight (finally) and had 50 Agony shards and 10 Corruption shards or thereabouts for most fights, esp Inquisition.

And I put my leggo helm in my bags to get the 2p bonus. It might stay off the remainder of the tier, depends on how I feel about tier with Vers on it :S
    Last edited by Sar-; 2017-07-07 at 12:27 AM.

Deleted
    I honestly cannot see how a 0.65+haste pe rminute procrate wouldleave you "drowning in shards". It's much mor elikely to be a lucky run on Soul Conduit because RNG is RNG.

The armour bonus is, discarding haste, less than one extra shard per minute. Naturally, you get more benefit the more targets there are (thus reinforcing Affliction's niche as a multidot spec) but no doubt that's subject to the same diminishing returns as the proc off Agony ticks.

In fact, they had to nerf the T19 fourset bonus because the 1.15 chance to proc a shard off Agony ticks was almost certainly higher than the 0.6 chance the T20 does with corruption. Same reason they nerfed the Guldan trinkets, cos it was better than the crappy Sargeras ones. Despite the ilevel difference. Otherwis emost players woul dhave kept the T19 fourset and added T20 two set just for the shards, and just for single target fights (imho allowing tier mixes like that is a bad, bad idea)

That chance was originall 2.5 per minute. Then 1.2. Then 0.6

The repeatedly nerfed it by 50%. Presumably because they want affliction pidgeonholed into a multidot role, and the shard rate was too high for single target damage, they want us middl eof the pack at best there and that's that, and UA makes up the majority of ST damage.

On Goroth mythic where I use t20 helm over aff hood and use legendary chest+belt my shard gains with ~20% haste with soul counduit were:
    Agony: 37
    Soul Conduit: 16
    Corruption: 7
    Legendary belt: 4
    64 shards total. Another lock who ran siphon life + 2pc t20 + 4pc t19 + legendary belt + ~19% haste got only 43:
    Agony: 30
    Legendary belt: 7
    Corruption: 4
    Boss died under ua+drain soul: 2

Our main difference in shards coming from he used arcano+owl and I used whispers+methronome (so haste procs = more shards) and ofc soul counduit made large difference.

On Inqusition mythic with legendary hood and corruption ring with death's embrace I had:
    74 shards from Agony, 2 shards from bosses dying under UA, and 2 shards from corruption.

Harjatan mythic, same setup as Inqusition:
    62 shards from agony, 6 from adds/boss dying under UA, 2 from adds dying under drain soul, 2 from corruption.

Checked some open logs and t20 2pc generate 2-5 shards at average no matter single or multi target.
    You're clearly overestimating t20 2pc, and Blizzard obviously overnerfed it into oblivion, the real mvp is t20 4 pc.

Looking through 10 of my logs I pretty reliably get 1 shard per minute from T20 2 piece.

Deleted
    Which is, err, shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Which is, err, shit.
    Yes. I tried T20 2pc / T19 2pc on Maiden, 'cause it sims higher than T19 4PC, but honestly my DPS was going down by a fair margin.

Deleted
    The proc rate off the 2-T20 set is lower than the proc rate off the T19-4 set, an dit;s quite possible that for single target fights, you'll keep T19-4 and T20-2, because it increases the damage of Unstable Affliction by 10% and you get extra shards off Agony and Corruption, and the vast majority of our single target damage is UA. Which is why they nerfed Agony and Corruption, but not UA. Which they are doing again in 7.3

Neve rmind, the T21 bonuses are really godawful.

Remember how they made the original T20 all about Drain Soul, then backed off when everyone complained?

Guess what? It's back to Drain Soul again! The T21 bonuses are both Drain Soul based. Which means they are single target oriented. Which means they think our multidot damage is so strong it doesn;t need a tier bonus at all, and our single target will be balanced around having tier armour, which sucks if you don;t have it.

It tunnels aff down using Malefic Grasp because everything will be about Drain Soul uptimes. It the 4-set literally does nothing at all unless you'd already got UA running (it extends the duration). But you won;t have many shards because that's all tied up with T20 and T19 bonuses.

It's godawful design for exactly the same reason the original T20 was.