Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I dunno but red haired actresses everywhere just let out a collective howl as another casting option is gone. At least theres always carrie remakes and the hopes for a live action brave.
    Mary Jane wasn't in Peter's high school anyway, iirc she was a friend (ex-girlfriend?) of Harry Osborn first and they met while in college.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I dunno but red haired actresses everywhere just let out a collective howl as another casting option is gone. At least theres always carrie remakes and the hopes for a live action brave.
    marvel already employs a red haired actress

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

No she got diversified into a hip young black girl
    Well at least she isn't MJ. They didnt go full derp and race bend the most iconic red head in comics.
    Ill prolly watch the movie when its worth it. Aka when the REMUX is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    marvel already employs a red haired actress

As good of a job as she does, shes plays a blue alien hidden in 4hours of daily make up. Could be any race or hair type ^^

i will say that im still upset that they blatantly stole ganke from miles. ned is clearly ganke and ganke is an integral part of miles story set and makes it more awkward to introduce him later on

the way ned finds out peter is spider-man is just like miles and ganke as well, alot stuff about peter is straight up taken from miles in this movie
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Well at least she isn't MJ. They didnt go full derp and race bend the most iconic red head in comics.
    Ill prolly watch the movie when its worth it. Aka when the REMUX is released.
    It is MJ, they even call her MJ at the end of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Yay diversity

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Yay diversity
    Let's recast storm as Josh Hutcherson. Makes about as much sense.

shes still not the mj from the comics, and we'll likely never see that character on screen again. she hasnt been relevant to spider-man since one more day happened and none of the writers have any idea what to do with her and her "proper" storyline was already done in the raimi movies.

theres no point in bringing in comic book mj when marvel DOES NOT want to make this spider-man series focused on romance and they DO NOT EVER EVER EVER EVER want to bring back the spider marriage. marvel spent decades slowly trying to dismantle it because it was driving the series and potential storylines into a rut before they said fuck it and one more dayed it.

peter parker and mary jane are dead. probably wont ever see that couple in mainsteam continuity in any form ever again unless they retire peter.

imagine trying to do a storyline like superior spider-man with a married peter parker.

but using easter eggs and call backs will get fans hyped but for all intents and purposes zendaya is a brand new character in this movie

Deleted
    shes still not the mj from the comics, and we'll likely never see that character on screen again. she hasnt been relevant to spider-man since one more day happened and none of the writers have any idea what to do with her and her "proper" storyline was already done in the raimi movies.

theres no point in bringing in comic book mj when marvel DOES NOT want to make this spider-man series focused on romance and they DO NOT EVER EVER EVER EVER want to bring back the spider marriage. marvel spent decades slowly trying to dismantle it because it was driving the series and potential storylines into a rut before they said fuck it and one more dayed it.

peter parker and mary jane are dead. probably wont ever see that couple in mainsteam continuity in any form ever again unless they retire peter.

imagine trying to do a storyline like superior spider-man with a married peter parker.

but using easter eggs and call backs will get fans hyped but for all intents and purposes zendaya is a brand new character in this movie
    I never said she was the MJ from the comics, but she is the MCU version of MJ, regardless of what mental gymnastics you want to pull off.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, don't see the big deal about the race swap thing, Flash getting turned into a nerdy Indian kid is a far more egregious example anyway.

The Renew Your Vows sales have been strong enough that they are considering restoring the marriage. They've even dropped hints that Peter will never be happy until it is fixed in several issues of Spiderman/Deadpool.

I'm sure they're used to it after losing Pepper Potts and Black Widow, not to mention MJ in the previous Spider-Man franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I'm sure they're used to it after losing Pepper Potts and Black Widow, not to mention MJ in the previous Spider-Man franchises.
    Black Widow is finished?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Black Widow is finished?
    I think he means because Gwyneth Paltrow and ScarJo aren't natural redheads like Pepper Potts and Black Widow.

Not sure why thats a bad thing though.

It's not bad it's just obvious as day marvel try meet diversity quotas and they should be called out for it. Characters should fit the story not the current political climate

But then you can't blame poor sales on people being racist if your new material doesn't do so well...so I guess I understand why they do it judging by the iron man comics

Deleted
    Characters should fit the story not the current political climate
    But the stories are set in modern day, so they are updated to fit modern times.

In Spiderman, MJ is black, Peters love interest in the film is half caste (white father/black mother), his best friend is East Asian (possibly polynesian, not sure) and his "rival" is Indian.

This is never made a big deal of in the film, they aren't stereotypes, they don't make a huge deal about a mixed race relationship, they don't even mention race in the entire film, they are simply characters.

The only people who make a big deal out of it are people on either end of the political spectrum, who need to make a big deal out of everything.

I never said she was the MJ from the comics, but she is the MCU version of MJ, regardless of what mental gymnastics you want to pull off.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, don't see the big deal about the race swap thing, Flash getting turned into a nerdy Indian kid is a far more egregious example anyway.
    her name isnt mary jane, its michelle. like i said they call her mj to throw fans a bone but shes not mj shes her own character

Deleted
    her name isnt mary jane, its michelle. like i said they call her mj to throw fans a bone but shes not mj shes her own character
    Unless they add another character called Mary Jane who is a love interest for Peter, she's MJ.

I don't see why thats a difficult concept to grasp.

I think he means because Gwyneth Paltrow and ScarJo aren't natural redheads like Pepper Potts and Black Widow.

Not sure why thats a bad thing though.
    Me either, but @RobertoCarlos seems really worried about the plight of red-haired actresses only in this specific instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Me either, but @RobertoCarlos seems really worried about the plight of red-haired actresses only in this specific instance.
    Seeing as you missed the post a couple above yours "It's not bad it's just obvious as day marvel try meet diversity quotas and they should be called out for it. Characters should fit the story not the current political climate

But then you can't blame poor sales on people being racist if your new material doesn't do so well...so I guess I understand why they do it judging by the iron man comics "