Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Knights of the Frozen Throne (HS Expansion)

All in the title.

Source: https://www.pcgamesn.com/hearthstone...-frozen-throne
    And from our beloved Hearthpwn with Flux: http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/2965-e...-of-the-frozen

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Knights of the Frozen Throne is Hearthstone's Next Expansion
    A new expansion for Hearthstone is releasing in August! Knights of the Frozen Throne will be adding a few brand new mechanics to the game so check out everything that is being added below.

The expansion releases this August.
    More card reveals will begin on July 24.
    We're getting 135 new cards.
    Everyone dies! Each of the original heroes has a Death Knight version of themselves.
    A new card type is being added that allows you to put Heroes into your deck. This is used for Death Knights.
    Your Hero Power will change when you change your Hero.
    A new mechanic is being added to the game called Lifesteal. When you deal damage with Lifesteal, your hero heals for the amount of damage dealt.
    The adventure portion of the expansion will be taking us to Icecrown Citadel.
    There are three wings followed by the final fight, The Lich King!
    You will earn 1 card pack for completing each wing.
    Completing the prologue of the expansion's adventure content rewards you with a Legendary Hero Card.
    A pre-order is available which will give out a sweet new card back - Frostmourne!
    http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/2967-k...rthstones-next
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-07-07 at 02:56 AM.

Wow, looks promising :-) We'll find out tomorrow anyway right?
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Wow, looks promising :-) We'll find out tomorrow anyway right?
    Yup tomorrow at 7 pacific time. Woot!

Very interesting. It might end up fake but the art and animation of the background look really close to Hearthstones artstyle. I'd be very surprised if we end up getting a new DK class, it doesn't sound like Blizzard likes the idea but they could use a new hook to bring in more interest to the game. Alternatively they might make a death knight build out of all existing classes, which explains why they are DK's in the art. And its about time that Arthas is going to make his appearance.

I don't think there will be a new DK class. I think each existing class will get a DK variant. Maybe there will be some kind of neutral spell that turns your hero into a DK version with a different hero power.

Would love to see some existing Warcraft characters make their debut as cards. Its kinda silly how the last few expansions we've had so many characters that are completely made up and have never been in the Warcraft universe before. There are still plenty of awesome heroes and villains that'll make great cards.

Because the preview is various existing class characters being turned into Death Knights, I don't think a new class will be added. Probably a famous corrupted lore figure at legendary to build around.

For practical purposes, adding a new class is impossible, because the entire new set would have to be cards for that class in order to give the new class a matching cardpool compared to the old ones. For fairly obvious reasons there will never be a new set like this. Also, existing classes are still out of balance - see the extremely low playrate of Warlock, for example. There is no need to add a new class.

The leaks basically confirm that there will be new legendary hero cards that will transform your hero into a DK version.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Is that stream from right now? Like right right now?

Cinematic was cool, much darker than the normal playful lighthearted HS cinematics.

Can't wait to see more cards revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Is that stream from right now? Like right right now?
    Well, yes.

At the time you posted that lol

Sorry was raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That cinematic gave me goosebumps and is a complete 180 from their usual goofy/whimsical take on WoW lore.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

chills

LK intro music+vocals is still one of the best tracks in videogames history

and Jaina voice is heavenly

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The best part is, if they add one new class, that means they can add others
    RIP new heroes. I don't even feel bad man.

I expect to see a rise in experimenting with N'Zoth in standard, eventually followed by a steep decline in use. However, in wild probably expect to see greedy N'Zoth priests to be even more of an annoying match-up.

Deleted
    Nice trailer, reminds me of the WOLK one with a twist of course. I saw some shark head in the cards shown in the video. Wonder what that is about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Expansions looks great, I can't wait to see the new DK version of each hero and what their hero power is. My only concern is that if there is a new legendary for each class and legendary hero this is going to be a very expensive expansion just like the last one. I hope this isn't their new model going forward.

That trailer is amazing, it has to be my new favorite. That remix of the WotLK intro song combined with Laura Bailey's voice acting made the whole thing. I would've liked to see Arthas involved though. Funnily enough that new Lifesteal mechanic was also a mechanic I made in the past for DK minions, glad to see Blizzard is yet again borrowing my idea :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks cool

My only disappointment is that this probably means no Arthas hero, or proper DK hero, in Hearthstone...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another bullshit expansion what mean literally nothing. Hearthstone team is one of worst right now in Activision.