Thread: t21 bonus

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

t21 bonus

Item - Death Knight T21 Blood 2P Bonus - Death and Decay Mob Damage Reduction (New) Enemies standing in your Death and Decay deal 0% less damage to you.
    Item - Death Knight T21 Blood 2P Bonus - Vampiric Blood Rune Haste (New) While Vampiric Blood is active, your runes regenerate 0% faster.
    Item - Death Knight T21 Frost 2P Bonus - Howling Blast/Obliterate Damage (New) Obliterate and Howling Blast deal 0% additional damage.
    Item - Death Knight T21 Frost 4P Bonus - Frost Damage Flashy Proc (New) When you deal Frost damage, you have a 0% chance to release a barrage of icy spikes at your target.
    Item - Death Knight T21 Unholy 2P Bonus - Death Coil Ignite (New) Death Coil causes the target to take an additional 0% of the direct damage dealt over 0 sec.
    Item - Death Knight T21 Unholy 4P Bonus - Death Coil Double Fire (New) Death Coil has a 0% chance to deal damage a second time.

omg, pure boost dmg to techniques for frost dk, i dont remember the last time i saw this, will certainly be nerfed like each time because dk should never be top dps heh , but its nice to see that anyway :P

I wonder if this will raise the value of Death March, since so much of our Dps will be pinned to death coil. Looks like another tier of unholy frenzy, which I don't mind.

I can guarantee those will all change at least once before argus raid is out. But as is, what garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I can guarantee those will all change at least once before argus raid is out. But as is, what garbage.
    How the fuck do you know it is garbage? There are no values to them, so we have no idea of their strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    How the fuck do you know it is garbage? There are no values to them, so we have no idea of their strength.
    Because they are boring.

Better get some Death Coil relics!
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Because they are boring.
    Boring doesn't always mean weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Boring doesn't always mean weak.
    I guess we are playing this game for different reason then?

You could have a class that is 20% stronger on damage than all other classes, but only auto attacks. People would not play it. Power is not everything.

I guess we are playing this game for different reason then?

You could have a class that is 20% stronger on damage than all other classes, but only auto attacks. People would not play it. Power is not everything.
    That's not the point of my post. And I personally don't think it is good design when a tier bonus drastically changes or even fixes how a spec plays. Tier bonuses should improve the style of the spec, not completely change or fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    That's not the point of my post. And I personally don't think it is good design when a tier bonus drastically changes or even fixes how a spec plays. Tier bonuses should improve the style of the spec, not completely change or fix it.
    How is it not the point of your post?

Me: it is boring (implying it does not matter about relative strength because we do not know numbers)

You: Boring does not mean weak (implying that you care about power not fun)

I think maybe you don't understand the meaning of your words and just like to be different by arguing? Anyway, I think it is in my best interest to just block you if this is the level of your critical thinking.

How is it not the point of your post?

Me: it is boring (implying it does not matter about relative strength because we do not know numbers)

You: Boring does not mean weak (implying that you care about power not fun)

I think maybe you don't understand the meaning of your words and just like to be different by arguing? Anyway, I think it is in my best interest to just block you if this is the level of your critical thinking.
    Wow, hold your horses. He replied to one saying the bonuses are complete garbage, by saying how so. Here I'd take that "garbage" means the strength value, not the fun level.

And yes, while getting an extra DC isn't the most fun interactive gameplay changing set bonus, it seems ok.

OT: Got a feeling this set will put Deaths March as a rather good legendary! 10% more damage to DC, when the whole set is built around even more DC dmg, sounds amazing. Will suck to lose the AotD usage in fights though.

Frost sounds kinda boring, flat damage increases usually are, but the 4 set could be really cool if the ice spikes looks awesome.
    Can't talk for the blood set though, only tank a m+ every now and then. But more runes = more runic power = more healing, so sounds good.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Many of these feel like placeholders. Either that or they are behind schedule and just went with things that would be easy to tune.

I kind of wish the set bonuses, at least the 4pc did have some impact on game play.

Obviously they most likely will change, but for both Frost and UH regardless of how they look or how strong they are the ones currently listed will only add extra damage, kind of wish it changed things up a bit more you know something like your Unholy 4pc gives you an extra ability, death coil now randomly has the ability to proc the availability of the new ability 'Rune Strike'...

Probably the part where I run for cover.

Gawd, the dps ones better be placeholder 'cause they sound lame, although I'm curious about how the UH 4pc would interact with DA. Would the game read that as another 45rp spent like it does with SD and further buff the Val'kyr? Or would it work like Frost T20 were rime doesn't count as a rune spent so it doesn't empower Pillar?

The Blood ones don't look so bad, though, especially the VB one. It would work pretty well with Service of Gorefiend.

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    I kind of wish the set bonuses, at least the 4pc did have some impact on game play.

Obviously they most likely will change, but for both Frost and UH regardless of how they look or how strong they are the ones currently listed will only add extra damage, kind of wish it changed things up a bit more you know something like your Unholy 4pc gives you an extra ability, death coil now randomly has the ability to proc the availability of the new ability 'Rune Strike'...

Probably the part where I run for cover.
    The problem with stuff like that, and our current tier set (t20) included, is that it changes the playstyle drasticly for one tier (now we get to use AotD mid fight, I have never even had it key-binded before now).
    So if a set bonus were to introduce a new spell on proc, we'd have to find a keybinding for it etc. Sure it isn't much of a problem, but I hate to see things "go away" after getting used to it.

Atleast with our current 4pc and even with our Cold Heart legendary, we only get to use allready existing spells more frequently.

I honestly don't mind this UH set bonus, more focus around Death Coil, a spell we mostly only use as a filler and runic power spender now. It changes the game play around.
    I could even see Deaths March become BiS (10% more DC dmg). We can only wait and see, as mentioned earlier in the thread, this is most likely gonna change a couple of times before they settle on something. That's the main "problem" with datamining, people find information before Blizzard really have ended up with a decision.

7+ Year Old Account
    The return of Machine Gun

I kinda like it

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    The return of Machine Gun

I kinda like it
    Actually this does nothing to hurt BoS so....Until they nerf BoS it will still be much better than MG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    While these bonuses are definitely not going to be the final iteration...if you honestly think it will be anything over 10% you're nuts. 10% damage to HB/OB won't make frost great again either. The 4pc could be cool, but again the final buff from tier won't be more than 11ish% so I can definitely say the frost ones as is...are garbage....I would prefer a change to how we play the spec, think NH to TOS for frost..long breaths vs currently shorter but much more powerful breaths.

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard can give all us 20 bucks and people would still bitch and want two 10s

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Actually this does nothing to hurt BoS so....Until they nerf BoS it will still be much better than MG.

- - - Updated - - -

While these bonuses are definitely not going to be the final iteration...if you honestly think it will be anything over 10% you're nuts. 10% damage to HB/OB won't make frost great again either. The 4pc could be cool, but again the final buff from tier won't be more than 11ish% so I can definitely say the frost ones as is...are garbage....I would prefer a change to how we play the spec, think NH to TOS for frost..long breaths vs currently shorter but much more powerful breaths.
    Total agreement here.

I don't understand how they can nerf Hblast and now try to refocus back to using it again as a tier mainstay. The 10% means nothing if we don't have a good way of triggering KM procs consistently. Before they play with tier bonuses they should fix/adjust our secondary scaling for frost. We need proper changes to how frost plays, we need haste to actually make a difference to our skillset.

Prehaps change Obliteration to every 5/10 autoattacks we receive a free KM proc, this would highly push haste up as a desired stat.